"Lightyear" (Buzz Lightyear origin story)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

"Lightyear" (Buzz Lightyear origin story)

Post by Zaune »

Apparently this is supposed to be what Buzz is merchandise for in-universe. I'm getting a bit of a Farscape vibe from it, which is... possibly a good sign?

Tim Allen isn't coming back, for better or worse, and has been replaced by Chris Evans. (The American one.)
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: "Lightyear" (Buzz Lightyear origin story)

Post by Crazedwraith »

...what?
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

There was already a show. Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I'll be honest, 98.6% of what I got from this trailer is a reminder that yes, David Bowie really was that good.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Someone explained it as the difference between “Bayformers” and Saturday morning cartoon transformers… saying the new movie is the “Real” blockbuster movie that started buzz light year… but the toy in the movie is based off the cartoon show we all watched.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2021-11-03 11:23pm Someone explained it as the difference between “Bayformers” and Saturday morning cartoon transformers… saying the new movie is the “Real” blockbuster movie that started buzz light year… but the toy in the movie is based off the cartoon show we all watched.
It's kind of like was with Ghostbusters, most toys were based on the animated series (called "The Real Ghostbusters" as there was another unrelated animated series called "Ghostbusters") and not the 1984 movie that started the Franchise. The same could be true here (in universe obviously) where there was the movie on which the animated series was (loosely) based on and the toys were based then on the animated series.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n