Live-action 'Beast Wars' Film Opens in June 2022

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Live-action 'Beast Wars' Film Opens in June 2022

Post by Sidewinder »

From Anime News Network:
New Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Film Opens in June 2022

posted on 2021-06-23 01:32 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda

Film will have concepts from Beast Wars: Transformers, with Steven Caple Jr. directing

Paramount Pictures announced on Tuesday that the next film in its live-action Transformers franchise is titled Transformers: Rise of the Beasts. The movie will open on June 24, 2022. The film will also release in Japan in 2022 under the title Transformers: Beast Kakusei.

The new film will center on key concepts from the earlier Beast Wars: Transformers show, including the appearance of the Maximal and Predacon factions, as well as characters such as Optimus Primal, Airazor, and Rhinox. It will also feature elements from other projects such as Terrorcons and Scourge alongside classic characters like Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.

Steven Caple Jr. is directing the film, which will star Anthony Ramos and Dominique Fishback.

Paramount Pictures revealed in 2020 that it was developing two scripts for the live-action Transformers films.

One of the projects was reportedly based on Beast Wars and features writer James Vanderbilt (Murder Mystery, Independence Day: Resurgence). Entertainment news website Deadline reported in May 2020 that it was "not definite yet which [project] will make it to production," although it now appears this is the production for Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

The other project is inspired by Bumblebee (pictured at right), the sixth and most recent film in Paramount Pictures' Transformers series. Joby Harold (John Wick Chapter 3 executive producer, Army of the Dead scriptwriter) is reportedly working on the project. Bumblebee opened in the United States and Canada in December 2018.

Sources: Seibertron.com (link 2), TFW 2005
Anyone have any confidence this will be anything other than a dumpster fire?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Live-action 'Beast Wars' Film Opens in June 2022

Post by Crazedwraith »

Confidence? no. Then again Bumblebee was surprisingly okay. So it might turn out fine.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Hey, depending on what's in the Dumpster, Dumpster fires can be pretty entertaining.

That being said, Beast Wars stuff doesn't make sense on a world with industrial technology.

Yeah, on a pre-industrial world, that works. Hell, that makes more sense. (I'm having trouble picturing the Decepticons as Spanish Galleons, but sea monsters work).

Also, if they're Beast Wars, and keep the appearance style of the 'Bayverse Dinobots', that will really kill the point of Beast modes, won't it?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Agreed, this will be as big a Dumpster Fire as "Beast Machines" the 'sequel' to Beast Wars.
Then again, at least the director KNOWS THE FRANCHISE this time.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet