Time Lord Victorious story arc

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Time Lord Victorious story arc

Post by mr friendly guy »

Apparently google recommended this to me.
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/time-lo ... -spoilers/
Time Lord Victorious #1 Makes a Big Change to Doctor Who Continuity
Posted on September 2, 2020 | by Rich Johnston | Comments
Last night, a teaser trailer to the multi-media crossover series Doctor Who: Time Lord Victorious aired, showing a beaten and battered Dalek floating in space… A Dalek Awakens…

…stating that it had to warn the universe about the Doctor. This tied into a teaser Bleeding Cool ran yesterday featuring the Doctor and a beaten-up Dalek as his new companion from Doctor Who: Time Lord Victorious #1 comic book, Defender Of The Daleks, by James Godd, Jody Houser, Roberta Ingranata and Enrica Angiolini and out today from Titan Comics. Could that be the same Dalek? But there are other issues afoot. The classic-looking Daleks have called on The Doctor to help them defeat a more dangerous foe, The Hond. But there are other issues at hand, and the Time Fracture as seen in the Time Lord Victorious experience planned for London next year seems to be changing continuity rather drastically. Because The Time War, the battle between the Time Lords and the Daleks that formed the backbone for the returning TV series 15 years ago, is gone. Disappeared. Removed. Vanished.

Doctor Who: Time Lord Victorious So Far (Spoilers)
Art from Time Lord Victorious #1
And as the Doctor inspects Skaros' defence capabilities, in preparation for a potential assault from The Hond…

…he makes a new ally. The Dalek Prime Strategist. Who has been around a while.

Quite a long, long, while.

And Old Dalek and an Old Time Lord. But still nimble, as the two enter an Indiana Jones-like chase scene, avoiding rocks, leaping over ravines and encountering, well, one of the creatures that wished to eliminate all life in the universe, Dalek included.

And meet The Hond face to face for the first time.

What from this will continue into the rest of the Time Lord Victorious crossover? The absence of The Time War seems a given. What about the Prime Dalek Strategist? What about the Hond and their combined suicidal genocidal mission? The Doctor Who Annual is out tomorrow, isn't it?
Ok you can click on the link, but essentially the Time Lord Victorious storyline appears to be a multimedia crossover event/tie in.

Seems interesting.
Forbidden Planet has some nice t shirts and I have sent them a message asking whether they deliver to Australia, because there are two shirts that look great.

Going to see if I can find the comic tie in.

Anyone else checked out the Time Lord Victorious event yet?
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Time Lord Victorious story arc

Post by mr friendly guy »

More on this story arc
https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article= ... victorious
DALEKS! The animated series joins Time Lord Victorious

The Daleks are taking over with their own animated series! The final, missing piece in Time Lord Victorious is announced today, with a five-part CGI animation launching in November this year.

Daleks! will be available for fans to watch for free, weekly on the Doctor Who YouTube channel.

Make sure you’re subscribed to the official Doctor Who YouTube channel, to be the first to see it!

The Dalek Empire comes up against a terrible force.

The Daleks' plundering of the Archive of Islos unearths something ancient and deadly. Soon Skaro is under attack and the Dalek Emperor is on the run! Can the Daleks defeat their adversaries and regain their planet, even with help from an old enemy?

Will this be the end of the Daleks?

Written by James Goss and created by Salford-based animators Studio Liddell, Daleks! is a BBC Studios Digital production.

Daleks! will consist of five 10 minute episodes and will feature a star-studded voiceover cast with Nicholas Briggs (voice of the Daleks in Doctor Who) Joe Sugg (YouTube, Strictly Come Dancing), Anjli Mohindra (Bodyguard, The Sarah Jane Adventures) and Ayesha Antoine (Holby City).
Question is, do I need to sbuscribe, or can just search for the channel on youtube?
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

But there are other issues at hand, and the Time Fracture as seen in the Time Lord Victorious experience planned for London next year seems to be changing continuity rather drastically. Because The Time War, the battle between the Time Lords and the Daleks that formed the backbone for the returning TV series 15 years ago, is gone. Disappeared. Removed. Vanished.
Unless I missed something along the way, I thought the Time War still happened, but the events at the final conflict between the Daleks and the Timelords were altered by Ten, Eleven and the War Doctor (TV: The Day of the Doctor). Instead of Gallifrey being destroyed, the planet was put into stasis and hidden away in the 3D painting "Gallifrey Falls No More" while the Dalek fleet destroyed itself. The end result being the same as if the two warring factions had destroyed one another originally. And since the creators of TLV stated this arc takes place before "The End of Time," I don't see the continuity problem.

So far, the first three Dalek episodes are up for free on the DW YouTube Channel. And it is glorious to behold, I am really loving this so far.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Darth Lucifer wrote: 2020-11-27 08:17pm
But there are other issues at hand, and the Time Fracture as seen in the Time Lord Victorious experience planned for London next year seems to be changing continuity rather drastically. Because The Time War, the battle between the Time Lords and the Daleks that formed the backbone for the returning TV series 15 years ago, is gone. Disappeared. Removed. Vanished.
Unless I missed something along the way, I thought the Time War still happened, but the events at the final conflict between the Daleks and the Timelords were altered by Ten, Eleven and the War Doctor (TV: The Day of the Doctor). Instead of Gallifrey being destroyed, the planet was put into stasis and hidden away in the 3D painting "Gallifrey Falls No More" while the Dalek fleet destroyed itself. The end result being the same as if the two warring factions had destroyed one another originally. And since the creators of TLV stated this arc takes place before "The End of Time," I don't see the continuity problem.

So far, the first three Dalek episodes are up for free on the DW YouTube Channel. And it is glorious to behold, I am really loving this so far.
YMMV of how you interpret the ending of the Time War, though IMO the Doctor initially destroyed Gallifrey before the Moment gave him the opportunity to change the timeline:

https://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic ... y#p4011560

However, based on the article it sounds to me that in Timelord Victorious series the Time War never happened. Or at least it panned out very differently than how we know. Makes sense given the premise seems to be a version of the 10th Doctor going off the deep end. Maybe he or someone else tried undoing it all.

Hopefully "Time war never happened" doesn't make it into the tv series proper, but given how much the current executives have been messing around with things it wouldn't be a surprise.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage