Doctor Who s12e08 Haunting of villa diodati [spoilers]

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

How would you rate the episode?

5. Fucking awesome
No votes
4. A lie down could prove restorative
40%
3. Played it safe
60%
2. The spell is broken, my lord
No votes
1. Gold dust, what is that?
No votes
0. Why did you give the lone Cyberman what it wants?
No votes

Total votes: 10

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Doctor Who s12e08 Haunting of villa diodati [spoilers]

Post by mr friendly guy »

Trying to link this to the Lone Cyberman statement made by Jack. Was ok I guess. If this was classical Who, the Doctor would have found some gold and killed the Cyberman with it. Now I know its an incomplete Cyberman, but it does have the respiratory units which is vulnerable to gold so it might fuck it over.

I am giving this a 3/5. I will say this season looks better than previous ones, and it seems like they want to explore a neglected part of Who Lore, the Cyberwars. So hoping next episode will have something working for it.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Re: Doctor Who s12e08 Haunting of villa diodati [spoilers]

Post by Bedlam »

I really liked this, I think the plot falls apart a bit if you look at it to hard (or at least the first half doesn't really connect to the second, why was there a reanimated skeletal hand? Why did Graham apparently see ghosts?) but it was fun and felt nicely atmospheric.

I'm interested in where this is going to go, if emotional cybermen is going to be a general thing or if it's solely supposed to be this one due to it's damaged / incomplete nature.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Better then some of the previous episodes. I enjoyed the incoherence
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Bedlam wrote: 2020-02-17 01:42pm I really liked this, I think the plot falls apart a bit if you look at it to hard (or at least the first half doesn't really connect to the second, why was there a reanimated skeletal hand? Why did Graham apparently see ghosts?) but it was fun and felt nicely atmospheric.
The Cyberthrium defense field around them was making it appear as if those things were happening. It was working with what it had, and that was the mind of 19th century horror fiction writer.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.