40K analysis

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

WhiteLion
Padawan Learner

Re: 40K analysis

Post by WhiteLion »

Hi Connor, congratulations for your work and your analisys, is all great however. It's ever a pleasure read your thread.
WhiteLion
Padawan Learner

Post by WhiteLion »

@Connor MacLeod

thanks to your work for the first time we have an explicit quotation of the fact that there are no two identical ships, not even of the same class. This is very important news, because it finally clarifies why we see ships of the same class in the novels but of different sizes and armaments. For example there are Battleships from 5 to 26 km. This suggests that in 40k the ship class does not imply a size or precise armament, but a function.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

WhiteLion wrote: 2019-10-12 04:39am @Connor MacLeod

thanks to your work for the first time we have an explicit quotation of the fact that there are no two identical ships, not even of the same class. This is very important news, because it finally clarifies why we see ships of the same class in the novels but of different sizes and armaments. For example there are Battleships from 5 to 26 km. This suggests that in 40k the ship class does not imply a size or precise armament, but a function.
"role and function" might be a more accurate way of saying that, but when it comes to WH40K one must always remember that there's no such thing as Imperium wide standard.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Holy smeg. 2006? 13 years old thread, really?

Also: while there are "no identical ships", you can't just label a 26-km ship 'battleship' the same as a 5-km ship. They clearly fulfill different roles, otherwise they wouldn't be so ludicrously different. Glorianas are fleet command and Space Marine mobile base craft.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

WhiteLion, I've told you before about thread necromancy. Consider this a PR11 warning. Read the rules again.

Thread locked.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth