RA2 or TS vs Federation

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

RA2 or TS vs Federation

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

I think the last thread is messed up, so here's a better one
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Spaceships are the ultimate trump card.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Alyeska wrote:Spaceships are the ultimate trump card.
Oh God no....
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Spaceships are the ultimate trump card.
Oh God no....
You said RA2 vs The Federation. I didn't break the rules you gave.

Additionally Yuri units can't mind control anything in the air.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

"A Piece Of The Action"

Kirk orders Scotty to fire phasers on the planet surface. A whole city block is stunned.

What good are your armies when they are ASLEEP? :twisted:
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Uraniun235 wrote:"A Piece Of The Action"

Kirk orders Scotty to fire phasers on the planet surface. A whole city block is stunned.

*coughrabidtrekkieinmakingcough*

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Uraniun235 wrote:"A Piece Of The Action"

*coughrabidtrekkieinmakingcough*
Uranium235 is far from a rabid trekkie.

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

He said the Enterprise's phasers can STUN WHOLE ARMIES, something ANY PHASER on ANY SHOW has never demonstrated. I'd say that's a rabid trekkie in the making[/i]

Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:He said the Enterprise's phasers can STUN WHOLE ARMIES, something ANY PHASER on ANY SHOW has never demonstrated. I'd say that's a rabid trekkie in the making[/i]
Actually he said "a whole city block" ;)

Besides that particular ability has been demonstrated.
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

And none of the C&C series would be able to stand up against the UFP. Hell give them a squadron of runabouts and RA2 just simply doesn't have anything that can deal with those.
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Kamakazie Sith wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:He said the Enterprise's phasers can STUN WHOLE ARMIES, something ANY PHASER on ANY SHOW has never demonstrated. I'd say that's a rabid trekkie in the making[/i]

Show me

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Kamakazie Sith wrote:And none of the C&C series would be able to stand up against the UFP. Hell give them a squadron of runabouts and RA2 just simply doesn't have anything that can deal with those.
Runabout cannot hold land from an enemy army. You need your own army to do that. I don't know about TOS, but ball-less TNG doesn't have much of an army at all. The only ground vehicle we've seen, the "buggy" is barely comparable to a NOD buggy or GDI Hummer, let alone a Soviet Apocalypse tank

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Kamakazie Sith wrote:

Show me
It was in a TOS episode. I don't remember which one, but then its not my claim to support.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Kamakazie Sith wrote:And none of the C&C series would be able to stand up against the UFP. Hell give them a squadron of runabouts and RA2 just simply doesn't have anything that can deal with those.
Runabout cannot hold land from an enemy army. You need your own army to do that. I don't know about TOS, but ball-less TNG doesn't have much of an army at all. The only ground vehicle we've seen, the "buggy" is barely comparable to a NOD buggy or GDI Hummer, let alone a Soviet Apocalypse tank
Let us no forget that these are the same troops that have miniguns that can't even kill civilians in a single burst.

Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Alyeska wrote:Let us no forget that these are the same troops that have miniguns that can't even kill civilians in a single burst.
Ouch. Don't forget that they have a range of only a few times the trooper's own height.

But then, the rifles can also blow up large buildings... given enough bursts.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Let us no forget that these are the same troops that have miniguns that can't even kill civilians in a single burst.
Ouch. Don't forget that they have a range of only a few times the trooper's own height.

But then, the rifles can also blow up large buildings... given enough bursts.
It actually takes a fair amount of fire. So either the buildings are made relatively weak, or the humans in TS are extrodenarily strong. Its just a little more realistic with somewhat weaker buildings then bulletproof civilians.

Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Heh, heh... Apocalypse tanks kick ass!
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Setzer wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
All these years on ASVS and that's the best you can contribute to this debate :P

Evil Jerk
Moderator Emeritus
Location: In the Castle of Pain on the Mountain of Death beyond the River of Fire

Post by Evil Jerk »

Setzer wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Not really, by the time you get them where you want them to go, the war's over. 8)
Evil Horseman, ready to torment the damned!

YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
Am I annoying you yet?
YOU SHALL BE AS GODS
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Kamakazie Sith wrote:

Show me
Hey fuckwit. Read my post again. No, never mind, I'll save you the trouble.

The episode is "A Piece Of The Action". Go watch it. The Enterprise stuns a city block from orbit.

Now go retake English, and pass the damn class this time.
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Uraniun235 wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Kamakazie Sith wrote: Actually he said "a whole city block" ;)

Show me

The episode is "A Piece Of The Action". Go watch it. The Enterprise stuns a city block from orbit.

*PLONK!*

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Uraniun235 wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote: Show me

*PLONK!*
Uraniun is telling the truth, just the reiterate.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Shinova wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Uraniun235 wrote: Hey fuckwit. Read my post again. No, never mind, I'll save you the trouble.

*PLONK!*
Uraniun is telling the truth, just the reiterate.
At the very least he could have seen that I made that post *before* such an example was provided.

Then again, if he had bothered to remove his head from his ass, he could have easily seen this.

He's still plonked, BTW.

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Evil Jerk wrote:
Setzer wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote: Runabout cannot hold land from an enemy army. You need your own army to do that. I don't know about TOS, but ball-less TNG doesn't have much of an army at all. The only ground vehicle we've seen, the "buggy" is barely comparable to a NOD buggy or GDI Hummer, let alone a Soviet Apocalypse tank
Not really, by the time you get them where you want them to go, the war's over. 8)
That's why they're called Apocalypse Tanks.

When they show up, it's the End. :mrgreen: