So can YOU Name all these robots? (warning BIG Pic)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

So can YOU Name all these robots? (warning BIG Pic)

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Found this awesome pic of 66 Scifi Robots (And Cyborgs and Holograms)
Pretty nifty work, I was able to name almost all of them except for 2 or 3 without cheating (answeres at bottom).

Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Re: So can YOU Name all these robots? (warning BIG Pic)

Post by TimothyC »

Robocop, Data, Astroboy, R2D2 & C3PO, T-800, HELPR, <Unknown>, Gort, Six
<Unknown>, Bender, Gundum?, <Unknown>, Ilia, <Unknown>,<Unknown>, TRON, Dalek
<Unknown>, Cylon, T-1000?, <Unknown>, Marvin, Fembot, Sonny
Agent Smith, ED-209, EMH, HAL 9000, <Unknown>, Bishop, Johny V, Joan Rivers
The Iron Giant, <Unknown>,<Unknown>, <Unknown>, General Grevious, <Unknown>, <Unknown>, <Unknown>, <Unknown>
Kitt, <Unknown>, BMO, DRD, <Unknown>, OmniDroid V1
Wicky, B-1, <Unknown>, Gundum? Optimus Prime, K-9, <Unknown>, Locutus, <Unknown>
B-9, <Unknown>, <Unknown>, WALL-E & EVE, <Unknown>, EJ-88, Rosie
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Robocop, Data, Astroboy, R2D2 & C3PO, T-800, HELPR, 6 Million Dollar Man, Gort, Six
<Huey, Dewey and Louie>, Bender, Voltron, GLaDOS, Ilia, <Unknown>,Robot Cowboy from Westworld, TRON, Dalek
<Unknown>, Cylon, T-1000, Pacific Rim robot, Marvin, Fembot, Sonny
Agent Smith, ED-209, EMH, HAL 9000, '80's Robot, Bishop, Johny V, Dot Matrix
The Iron Giant, <Unknown>,<Unknown>, Maximillion, General Grevious, The Bionic Woman, Box, <Unknown>, <Unknown>
Kitt, <Unknown>, BMO, DRD, robot police from THX 1138, OmniDroid V10
Wicky, B-1, Replicant, Gundum, Optimus Prime, K-9, <Unknown>, Locutus, Robot from Metropolis
B-9, T-888, <Unknown>, WALL-E & EVE, Kryten, IG-88, Rosie
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I apparently have a bad memory for names. One of them looks like GLaDOS, but is too angular and happy.

RoboCop, Data, Astroboy, C3PO/R2D2, T-800, <?>, <?> , Gort, #6,
Huey, Dewey and/or Louie, Bender Bending Rodriguez, VOLTRON, <?>, Ilia, <?>, Westworld Cowboy, Tron, Dalek,
Annoying Kid from AI, Proper Cylon, VOLTRON's legs, T-1000, Gypsy Danger, New Marvin, Austin Powers Fembot, Sonny,
Probably Agent Smith, ED-209, EMH, HAL 9000, <?> (looks like a ROB to me), The other half of Gypsy Danger, Ash, Johnny 5, Spaceballs robot,
Vin Diesel, <?>, <?> , MAXIMILLIAN, Grevious, <?>, Something from Logan's Run (Box?), Robert Picardo's Torso from Total Recall, Evil Robot Us,
Vin Diesel's Legs, KITT, <?>, BMO, Those things from Farscape, <?>, Optimus, That Robot from the Incredibles That Does A Maximillian Impersonation,
Bidibidibidi Whatever from Buck Rogers, Battle Droid, Someone blade-runnery, I'm willing to bet, (the) Gundam, Prime, K-9, Something that needs batteries, a Borg, Maria,
Robot, <?>, <?>, Gundam's legs, WALL-E and EVE, Kryten, IG-88, Rosie(?)
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

That's the six million dollar man? Ok I must admit I can sort of see the resemblance only after they mention it.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Yeah, I thought it was Bionic Barry, but on second thoughts Barry's blonde.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Wow. They included Robot Ted from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

I think the robot below Hal is supposed to be Herbie from the Fantastic Four cartoon and later the comics.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

tim31 wrote:Yeah, I thought it was Bionic Barry, but on second thoughts Barry's blonde.
They must have used the action figure for the base for the artwork because it resembles that more then the guy on screen.
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Oops, I think I messed up. Ash never got cut in half, which makes the Synthetic who's cut in half Bishop. I guess that the one in the light blue jumpsuit next to MAXIMILLIAN is Ash then, I'm pretty sure that's his jumpsuit colour.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

He wasn't cut in half, but he had his head knocked clean off.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Borgholio wrote:He wasn't cut in half, but he had his head knocked clean off.
Yeah, he had an all or nothing deal. So picking the half-synthetic was totally wrong my my part.

I don't think that yellow one between Gypsy Danger and the EMH is Herbie from the Fantastic Four. I'm sure it was white and more spindly.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

I'm pleased that I got about half of them. Some were robots from older films I grew up with.

Johnny 5 is Alive!

"What if he goes out and melts down a busload of nuns, how are you going to write the story on that one?"

"Nun Soup?"

"BEN!!!"
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

I'm pretty sure some of those don't qualify as "robots".
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Which is why the OP totally doesn't say 'and cyborgs and holograms'. Oh wait.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

No Rommie? I am disappointed.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

No Mazinger Z, the granddaddy of all super robots?

Disappoint.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Vanas wrote: I don't think that yellow one between Gypsy Danger and the EMH is Herbie from the Fantastic Four. I'm sure it was white and more spindly.
He does look a bit off to be Herbie. Plus, Herbie usually flew with built in jets. The FF also isn't listed at the bottom. I'm thinking that robot matches up with the Muppets but I could be wrong and I certainly can't remember a robot Muppet.

It looks like Twiki has Doctor Theopeolis on his chest. The replicant looks to be specifically the Daryle Hannah pleasure model, Priss.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The angular one I thought was GlaDOS was from "Moon", which I've not seen.
AI I mistook for another movie, where a little boy with a teddy bear was a nasty Terminator-style killing machine.
The one from the Muppets? No clue where it's from.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Tandrax218
Padawan Learner

Post by Tandrax218 »

No M.E.G.A.S XLR ???
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Robocop- Data- Astroboy- 3PO and R2- The Terminator (T-800)- <unknown>- 6 million dollar man- Gort- Caprica 6- <unknown>- Blender- Voltron- <unknown>- The Probe (impersonating Lt. Ilia)- <unknown>- the Gunslinger- Tron- a Dalek- <unknown>- a Cylon- the T-1000- a Jaeger?- Marvin the Paranoid Android- maybe a Stepford Wife**- N-5- Agent Smith*- ED-209- The Doctor*- HAL 9000*- <unknown>- <unknown>- Johnny 5- Dot- Iron Giant- <unknown>- <unknown>- <unknown>- General Grievous*- <unknown>- <unknown>- <unknown>- <unknown>- KITT- <unknown>- <unknown>- DRD***- Optimus Prime- <unknown>- Robot from the Incredibles- <unknown>- Battle Droid- Rachel- Gundam?- K9- <unknown>- Borg Drone*- Evil robot from Metropolis- Robot (Lost in Space)- Cameron- <unknown>- WALL-E and EVE- Kryten- IG-88- Rosie the Robot.

*Not a robot.

**original, but weren't they brainwashed as opposed to actual robots?

*** no love for 1812?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Robbie the Robot is missing too.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

I can recognize something like 2/3 of them if not more easy. But I can't remember most of the names.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

LadyTevar wrote: AI I mistook for another movie, where a little boy with a teddy bear was a nasty Terminator-style killing machine.
Was that movie Screamers with Peter Weller? Even the teddy bear was a killing machine full of blades.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Robocop, Data, Astro Boy, C-3PO, R2, T-800, Helper, 6 million dollar man, Gort, 6
?, Bender, Voltron, Gerty, ?, ?, Robot from Westworld, Tron, Dalek
Kid from AI, Old school Cylon, T-1000, Gipsy Danger, Marvin, Fem Bot, Sonny
Agent Smith, ED-209, The Doctor, HAL, ?, Bishop, Johnny 5, Dot Matrix
The Iron Giant, One of the stepford wives, Cain, ?, Grievous, Bionic Woman, ?, Johnny Cab, Robot Ted
Kitt, David, BIMO, DRD, From THX-1138 don't remember if they have a name, Omnidroid
?, B1 Battledroid, Priss, RX-78 Gundam, Optimus Prime, K9, Batteries Not Included (don't remember name), Borg, Bot from Metropolis
Robbie the Robot, I think it's Cameron out of long haired robots I know, Droid from Elysium, WALL-E and EVE, Kryten, IG-88, Rosie

Damn I knew more of those than I thought.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Tsyroc wrote:
LadyTevar wrote: AI I mistook for another movie, where a little boy with a teddy bear was a nasty Terminator-style killing machine.
Was that movie Screamers with Peter Weller? Even the teddy bear was a killing machine full of blades.
YES! Screamers. I read Philip K. Dick's short story long before I saw the movie. The movie is as good as the book, despite the changes they made. Still think the Teddy is the scariest of them all
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet