nBSG ep 4.16: "Deadlock" Talkback (SPOILERS)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Rate This Episode

Poll ended at 2009-02-27 09:44pm

21%
22%
31%
22%
3%

Total votes: 58

Skylon
Jedi Council Member

nBSG ep 4.16: "Deadlock" Talkback (SPOILERS)

Post by Skylon »

And we enter endgame, with only five more episodes to go.
-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
Johndug
Youngling

Re: nBSG ep 4.16: "Deadlock" Talkback (SPOILERS)

Post by Johndug »

oh boy lets crank the jealosy facter in the cylon programming.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

39,556 - so no change in the people count.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Starting to see more tangible signs of direct co-operative ops now, with that heavy raider part of the CAP under Starbuck's command -- nice touch . And is Adama freaked about that bio-goo or what? :D
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Johndug
Youngling

Post by Johndug »

this ranks waaaayyyy to high on the F'ed up o meter
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Head Six ! :D
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

"Do you think after thousands of years of marriage I don't know your repertoire?"

PRICELESS

And Tigh is in so much trouble.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Johndug
Youngling

Post by Johndug »

"Caprica six is Pregant ?" eek!
Johndug
Youngling

Post by Johndug »

I never really thought of it but the way Ellen sees it Tigh is doing his daughter. :wtf:
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

I thought about it, but didn't really want to say :P

And after thousands of years, Ellen Tigh is still the same pain in the balls apparently :)
Johndug
Youngling

Post by Johndug »

I didn't need that image.....
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

Does Adama have no fucking control on his ship that you have armed thugs left and right?

Also started to realize why I dont care who dies. People right on Galactica can barely get enough food. Yet Lee still have a perfectly clean nicely pressed suit.

Oh and there is plenty of booze for the military.
I KILL YOU!!!
Bilbo
Jedi Master

Post by Bilbo »

Tigh needs to solve this a second time and just feed the bitch a second mickie.
I KILL YOU!!!
Skylon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skylon »

I forgot how much fun having Head Six around was. :D
-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

"My grandaddy was a power sander" :lol:
Ok, now I'm convinced there's something bad up with Adama, thats the 3rd or 4th time he's been popping pills and getting very drunk. This is not good.

And, Saul Tigh still rules :twisted:
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Aw :(

Damn her to hell, all for petty fucking jealousy
Skylon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skylon »

Well, after moving at break-neck speed since 4.5 started this was an unexpected slow-down.

They're really pulling out Hera's competition as the "special baby".
-A.L.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Tigh's "I shouldn't have to say it" monologue was beautiful. I had tears in my eyes as he ranted about it ... and then again as he went to Adama and bawled. "Liam. Short for William."

I'd not made the connection -- but I think Ellen was right. Saul loves Bill and the Galactica most of all, and Bill loves him right back.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

I do like that we're starting to see more Baseship integration beyond the obvious repairs. We've got a heavy raider in the CAP and the cylon section of the big wall of the dead.
xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

crap my cable went out.

what was Balter's proposal to Adama ?
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

xerex wrote:crap my cable went out.

My guess is he offered his cult's services as the ship's militia.
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

The redemption of Baltar theme continues, along with the idea of 'divided we fall, united we stand'. Really hitting the themes hard as they tie everything together. Redemption and unity.

The Tigh/Adama bromance is touching.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

Galvatron wrote:
xerex wrote:crap my cable went out.

My guess is he offered his cult's services as the ship's militia.
oh so they didnt actually show Balter convincing Adama to give him guns on screen.
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

No, it's Baltar grabbing Adama's shoulder, cut to the crazy chick with the rifle.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Five out of Five. While not as fast as the other episodes in this back half, this one was still a move-the-plot-forward episode, and well written at that. I look forward to the podcast...

Edit: The pains Caprica was having seemed to be tied to Tigh's love for her. I wonder just how deep this "Love" component runs in the cylons.