Spacemarines from WH40K

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

does anyone remember the Squats?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

They're dead. Dead!!! Which is a shame, because the super-heavy vehicles that the Squats had for 2nd edition Epic were just too damned cool:

The Leviathan - Multi-story armoured tower-block with tracks with a massive bombardment cannon. Combination mobile command centre and barracks for an infantry company.

The Colossus - The same, but fitted out as a fire-support platform with long-range missiles and extra guns. Had a landing pad and hangar for a gyrocopter, which acted as a fast artillery spotter for indirect fire.

The Cyclops - The same again, only with a massive "Torch-Beam-o'-Doom" laser cannon which destroyed everything in its path out to a few miles. Cool!

But none of it's ever coming back. Damn. :(
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

THEY ARE NOT DEAD! They live on in the special place along with Fimirs and Seamen waiting for that special time to return to glory.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
RadiO
Jedi Knight

Post by RadiO »

That'll be the day of the glorious Anti-GW Putsch, I suppose. :twisted:
Nah, seriously, there's websites out there that are bitter enough to want somthing like that to happen. Me, I'm easy, but if the revolution resulted in the old Epic coming back... I'm game.
IIRC, the Squats were dropped by GW because the Design Studio had difficulty bringing them into 3rd edition 40k without them looking like "Small Guardsmen", and hence in their opinion not distinct enough to appeal to anybody.
What I couldn't understand was why they couldn't literally have them as "Small Guardsmen"; integrate them into the IG range and Army List, and release a nice new plastic boxed squad. That'd be a comedown, but it'd better than them dying off all together.
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-My-Own-Grandpa! Let's get the hell out of here already! Screw history!" - Professor Farnsworth
Luke Hares
Redshirt

Post by Luke Hares »

No more squats! I didn't know that!

Right thats it..

Kil
Kil
Kil

(Something else you don't see any more)