World War Z

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Re: World War Z

Post by SylasGaunt »

2.) Most effective weapon possible is a load speaker set up a mile outside your safe zone blasting ACDC. Preferably over a pit of burning phosphorus or inside the mouth of a wood chipper.
You see something like that in the ending montage where they use a stadium PA to gather zombies together for an airstrike.
SMJB
Padawan Learner

Re: World War Z

Post by SMJB »

Metahive wrote:So, for Solanum, the World War Z zombification vector, Max Brooks had to cheat extensively to make his zombies not mere target practice. For one, the Tomato Virus is like a perpetual motion machine that can power the zombie indefinitely without any sort of energy consumption. It also kills everything it touches, including bacteria, so the zombie doesn't simply decompose into mush. You know, just like a real "virus". It's also 100% communicable and has a lethality of 100% as wellkdjhfgkldr...sorry, had to remove the jizz from my keyboard from all the wanking that just spewed forth from my screen. That's some potent tomato, I tells ya'!
Brooks supposedly set out to write a "realistic" tale of a zombie outbreak and yet had to exaggerate the properties of his Tomato Virus to this ridiculous extreme. O yeah, and all the worlds militaries and governments are morons who approach the outbreak in the most idiotic way possible.

Isn't this like little kids playing superhero and making up more and more bombastic superpowers to trump the other?
I can't--and won't--speak to the realism of the military tactics (because, going by what I'm reading in this thread, they're fucking retarded), but as for your complaints about Solanum--the thing is, we're talking about a realistic zombie movie. Zombies are already biomechanically impossible for, like, six billion reasons, so complaining that the mechanics are magic bullshit is like complaining about a space opera having FTL and ships crewed by humans instead of superintelligent computers--without it, the genre literally would not exist. "Realistic" is relative.
Simon_Jester wrote:"WHERE IS YOUR MISSILEGOD NOW!?"
Starglider wrote:* Simon stared coldly across the table at the student, who had just finnished explaining the link between the certainty of young earth creation and the divinely ordained supremacy of the white race. "I am updating my P values", Simon said through thinned lips, "to a direction and degree you will find... most unfavourable."