Farscape vs Mass Effect

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

OsirisLord
Youngling

Farscape vs Mass Effect

Post by OsirisLord »

So I just saw the Peacekeeper Wars and I have a burning question to ask.

While I love Mass Effect to death I must know once and for all, in a contest of pure unbridled awesomness who would be the victor? This is isn't a "Let's put Criton/Shepard in the others universe" or some hyper-technical, overly obsessive look at who would win in a fight type deal. Just, which is more awesome, in your opinion, and why?
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Re: Farscape vs Mass Effect

Post by adam_grif »

Well Farscape has better villains but Mass Effect 2 has Mordin Solus.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

They are very hard to compare because how different Farscape is thematically. The only other visual fiction I can think of that is similar to Farscape is Lexx. Farscape is a rather unique kind of show. Mass Effect on the other hand despite being fresh and innovative is still identifiable and definately inspiredby the Star Trek style of space opera.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Mass Effect is more awesome because you get to interact with it, not just watch it. Plus no puppets.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

No you are wrong. Puppets are awesome :)
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

OsirisLord wrote:Just, which is more awesome, in your opinion, and why?
Babylon 5. :P

Seriously, though, you're asking us to compare apples and oranges, a TV series and a game, both very different thematically. I don't really see how it can be compared except for "I like this more." "No, this!" "Nu-uh!" "Uh-huh" kinda thing.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

He's not asking for any kind of comparison. He is literally asking which one we like more between the two and why.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"