New T4 trailer.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

New T4 trailer.

Post by TheLostVikings »

Well I just bumped into a new T4 trailer here, for anyone who's interested.

It seems they are pulling some sort of "alternative timeline" thing with this movie (wow, what a suprise... not). Although interestingly enough Stephanie Jacobsen (aka Jessie in T:SCC) is in it, I wonder if they are going to do any nods to TSCC in the process, although I somehow doubt it.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: New T4 trailer.

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Holy crap... that actually looks pretty cool! Can anyone identify the distant aircraft in 0:22? And those are HUEG aerial HKs!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Looks interesting. The Termie bikes are... different. I can't help think of RE: Extinction with the desert setting, though.

At least they do hint it's a different time-line, so we can accept that this, T3, the TV series and all that jazz are totally unrelated to the original movies. The giant walking Termie is a bit too Transformers too, and seems awkward given the original HKs on the ground were tracked (bar the Centurion).

As for the aircraft, they looked like A-10s.

Oh, and the trailer without subtitles.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

TheLostVikings wrote:Well I just bumped into a new T4 trailer here, for anyone who's interested.

It seems they are pulling some sort of "alternative timeline" thing with this movie (wow, what a suprise... not).
Yes. T4 is entirely unrelated from T:SCC, it is the followup to T3.
Although interestingly enough Stephanie Jacobsen (aka Jessie in T:SCC) is in it,
What is your source for that? No cast listing I know has her in it. Are you sure you did not confuse her with another actress?
I wonder if they are going to do any nods to TSCC in the process, although I somehow doubt it.
The producers of the show and T4 met, but that is all. Their products are entirely independent from each other and that is the official position.

Admiral Valdemar wrote:At least they do hint it's a different time-line, so we can accept that this, T3, the TV series and all that jazz are totally unrelated to the original movies. The giant walking Termie is a bit too Transformers too, and seems awkward given the original HKs on the ground were tracked (bar the Centurion).
T1-T2-TSCC is the one progression, with T1-T2-T3-T4 being the other one, T4 being the sequel to T3. Sure, if one wants to be a purist, the Terminator franchise ended with T2, though I would argue that T:SCC is the rightful successor in spirit.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Personally, the only series I ever considered to be worthy of being a prequel to the Future War scenario is Stirling's trilogy. Had they made those into a film series, with Cameron or Nolan or some other decent director at the helm, then I'd be in love.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Personally, the only series I ever considered to be worthy of being a prequel to the Future War scenario is Stirling's trilogy. Had they made those into a film series, with Cameron or Nolan or some other decent director at the helm, then I'd be in love.
I confess to be woefully ignorant on that subject, when were they published and what is the general plot of them?

Oh, and have you seen T:SCC?
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Although interestingly enough Stephanie Jacobsen (aka Jessie in T:SCC) is in it,
That's not Jacobsen, that's Moon Bloodgood (from Pathfinder, if you saw that).
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I was skeptical based on previous trailers and info, but this one looks good!
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

The only trailer I've so far been positively surprised by, is the interview with the concept/set designer guy. He sounds like he knows what he's doing with the landscapes and different Terminator models. This has too much whispering. deep. profound. moments. in it to do anything for me. Though the bike-Termies look better than in that other video.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Thanas wrote:
I confess to be woefully ignorant on that subject, when were they published and what is the general plot of them?

Basically, they take place straight after T2 with the Connors carrying on their little terrorist jaunt against Cyberdyne, who come under US government protection. They retire to South America, where they come across a special forces operative calle Dieter who was the basis for the T-800's 101 series flesh covering (so basically they find Ah-nuld) and convince him of the threat.

Skynet sends back a new unit, the I-950, which is an engineered female with cybernetic implants who sets about creating modern day T-800s made from modern materials, but with the chips and power cells brought back from the future to hunt the Connors, but to also go about helping Cyberdyne be rebuilt.

The last book in the series is basically what T3/4 are with the segue from modern peaceful Earth, to the opening shots of Judgement Day and the Resistance.

I highly recommend them, though the third book is the weakest. Stirling used to post on here too, at one point.

And no, I've yet to see a full episode of T:SCC, though given the second season's reception and renewals, I may now give it a chance.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Thanas wrote:

Basically, they take place straight after T2 with the Connors carrying on their little terrorist jaunt against Cyberdyne, who come under US government protection. They retire to South America, where they come across a special forces operative calle Dieter who was the basis for the T-800's 101 series flesh covering (so basically they find Ah-nuld) and convince him of the threat.

Skynet sends back a new unit, the I-950, which is an engineered female with cybernetic implants who sets about creating modern day T-800s made from modern materials, but with the chips and power cells brought back from the future to hunt the Connors, but to also go about helping Cyberdyne be rebuilt.

The last book in the series is basically what T3/4 are with the segue from modern peaceful Earth, to the opening shots of Judgement Day and the Resistance.

I highly recommend them, though the third book is the weakest. Stirling used to post on here too, at one point.
Ah, ok. Sounds very interesting. I will check them out as soon as I can find the time.

And no, I've yet to see a full episode of T:SCC, though given the second season's reception and renewals, I may now give it a chance.
Please do. The problem with T:SCC is that the plot and the first two episodes are not really that action-filled due to all that exposition. However, the two-parter episodes five/six really heats things up. If you want to get an inkling about the current quality of the show, I would suggest viewing those two episodes first and then start over from the pilot. Of course, that will spoil you...so you might be better off watching them in the correct order anyway. Just remember that it took the show a while to find its footing.
------------
------------
My LPs
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

This basically looks like what I was hoping, after the opening few minutes, that the second half of T3 would be.

May next year's going to be a busy one.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^I wouldn't go that far. Trailers can screw with you and the other info I have heard (Terminator zombies aka really screwed up corpses animated by terminator skeletons) does not sound that good.
------------
------------
My LPs
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

Hah!

Good to see that John Connor has adopted Batman's hoarseness.
Sig by JME2
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

It looks pretty damn good so far, although i admit i am not crazy for Skynet's Giant Humaniod Robot i must say the Killer Robotic bikes do look pretty damn good, as does the general atmosphere.

THIS is what i want to see in Terminator films, the post judgement day world for a whole film. No more dicking about with time travel. I am definatley putting this high on my "films to see" list for 2009.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

Khaat wrote:
That's not Jacobsen, that's Moon Bloodgood (from Pathfinder, if you saw that).
Ah, you're right, of course. Crappy low res videos :banghead:

If you watch the "HQ" version here, and go full screen you can spot quite a few details that weren't visible in the other videos because they were too dark.

Although I agree the harvester is a little too much Transformers (just listen to the sound it makes lol), i like how it looks, with smaller T-Rex style human-grabbing-arms on its chest and all .

I just wonder If they actually have the balls to stay true to the ending in the leaked script, though it probably was a little too grimdark for its own good.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What is the leaked ending?

Do we know what those (presumably) Resistance-owned aircraft are? The ones operating with the helicopters.

Judgment Day is different because Skynet didn't get made out of the T-800's arm and chip, but from Skorponok's tail. Duh. :P

I think the Harvester is cool - I like the fact that its head is a giant gun!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Rawtooth
Padawan Learner

Post by Rawtooth »

Spoiler
“Alright so the main character is a cyborg named Marcus. For some background, Marcus was a criminal who was executed in 2003. He donated his body to Project Angel which was involved with SkyNet. They take his body and make a terminator out of him so he’s a terminator skeleton but has living muscle/skin and a beating heart too. At the end of the movie John Connor is fighting a T800 model 101 and loses. He dies and the top resistance people come up with a plan to help the resistance keep fighting on. The resistance feels that it’s important to keep the image or idea that John Connor is still alive so the resistance keeps going. So they rip off Marcus’ skin and put John Connor’s on the skeleton so now Marcus is John Connor.”
This trailer excites me in ways the other one did not. I'm sure I can convince a friend or two to see it with me.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That's a bullshit ending. No WAY that's real. That's total tripe.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:That's a bullshit ending. No WAY that's real. That's total tripe.
Yeah but after the horror that was T3 I could see them doing that :P .
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

T3 was utterly mediocre, but it wasn't really bullshit. Just totally underwhelming.

Man, giant robots. I wouldn't have expected this in a Terminator movie, oddly enough, but hey - T2 originally was supposed to have giant mechanical spiders, so why not Devastator?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
TheLostVikings
Padawan Learner

Post by TheLostVikings »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:What is the leaked ending?

Do we know what those (presumably) Resistance-owned aircraft are? The ones operating with the helicopters.

Judgment Day is different because Skynet didn't get made out of the T-800's arm and chip, but from Skorponok's tail. Duh. :P

I think the Harvester is cool - I like the fact that its head is a giant gun!
Spoiler
Basically that god ol'John Conner DIES at the end, like you'know, actually bites the dust. Killed by a T-800. Of course Bale signed on for 2 more movies, so how did they plan to do that?

Basically here's the rumor: Marcus Wright is a man who's executed on death row in 2003. His body is donated to science and collected by Project Angel, a project of the evil cybernetic intelligence Skynet. Marcus is reanimated, but with a Terminator skeleton. His organs are all still there and pumping, but he's now half-Terminator.

I guess Skynet intended to try a different approach to creating the perfect infiltrator or something, but it can't have worked too well considering Marcus ends up among the resistance. And at the end of the movie, when John Connor is killed in battle fighting a T800. Not wanting the hope of humanity to die with Connor's body, the leaders of the resistance rip off Marcus' skin and replace it with Connor's. Now Marcus has Connor's face and body. Gross.

So with the exception of a few higher ups in the know, "John Connor" is still alive and kicking and leading them toward the victory against Skynet. So in the next movies John Connor, the saviour of mankind, would still be going strong. Only now the man leading the fight against the hated robots would have been a dude, inside a metal dude, disguised as another dude...

Terminator Salvation: And you though we couldn't possibly make this shit more convoluted?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

They extensively rewrote the script. By the way, the lead screenwriter is Chris Nolan's brother. So... unless if Jonathan Nolan has the recessive genes, I think we're all okay.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The Director is McG. I think that says enough about this movie.

Hint: Charlie's Angels.
------------
------------
My LPs
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

But...but...John Nolan is writing the script!
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.