Ultimate Bio-Tech Showdown:

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

by they i mean the YV ships as a whole not just the plasma cannons
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

2000AD wrote:don't their main ship-to-ship weapons use plasma though? And given the immense amount of energy they need to generate wouldn't they be able to do something simular?
IIRC, their ship to ship weapons are something else. I know Magma Missiles are magma, not plasma. I honestly don't recall, but the effects of initiating the Naar Directive will be a lot worse, since a HW ship has tiny crew requirements.. The Kuun-Lan, a ship the size of a Sovereign-class SSD, required only 1500 crew, not counting fighter pilots.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

couldn't they flood the ship with magma then?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!