Skynet vs the Old Republic

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Manji
Deimos Sock Puppet

Post by Manji »

Accuracy? You want accuracy?

How about when he fired off a 6000 rpm minigun into a parking lot full of cops, trashing cars, vans, equipment etc, BUT DID NOT HIT A SINGLE MAN? Not even an injury hit (As proved by the "fractional casualties" in the Terminator's HUD.)

How about during the chase after the tow truck, when he hit numerous padlocks each time, with a shotgun of all things, one handed, firing from the point, and with a speeding motorcycle as a base (not the most stable of aiming platforms). And after having grabbed John, turned around, fired backwards and hit the tire of the truck, again firing from the point, one handed, from an even more awkward position than before.

How about escaping from the mental hospital, where as the stolen cop car was reversing through the underground car park - the Terminator was driving with one hand, while his other hand was out the window firing at the T-1000. Given the way and angle he was firing, no human could have hoped to have scored a hit there, but the Terminator did.

How about when the T-1000 was on the back of the car slashing at John with hook-arms... the T-800 fired the shotgun backwards over his shoulder without looking. Presumably he used the rearview mirror, but still - the way in which a mirror confuses a human would mean that even Jet Li or someone of similar skill couldn't do that and be sure of hitting the T-1000 and NOT hitting John. But the Terminator did it.

During the future wars, each T-800 could kill over 150 humans before being taken down - that's how unbalanced the kill ratio was. This was even with the reistance having plasma rifles capable of destroying Terminators.

A single T-800 could raise havoc on Tattoine, killing hundreds. An army of them could rapidly take over the major settlements and possibly the planet.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

How does Mr T-800 deal with other Driod hummm?

Considering the time you have Jabba and a place-full of fire-power not that fire away NTM Ships and what not plus PERSONAL SHIELDING which evne 5000% Accurasy does nothing aginst, Numerous Sensors which would ID him as not human

Now onto your examples
How about when he fired off a 6000 rpm minigun into a parking lot full of cops, trashing cars, vans, equipment etc, BUT DID NOT HIT A SINGLE MAN?
This one is very easy to explain, He Shot high. Notice as soon as he started up everyone dove to the ground behind or near thier squad cars, Leaving him free to simply rake the top half. This could have done by anyone who knew to simply aim high

How about escaping from the mental hospital, where as the stolen cop car was reversing through the underground car park - the Terminator was driving with one hand, while his other hand was out the window firing at the T-1000. Given the way and angle he was firing, no human could have hoped to have scored a hit there, but the Terminator did.
Counter to your claim 100% Accurasy he missed a few times, Heck I could have made this shot as Mr 1000 was running in a straite line and even though I'm in a moving platform I have 1 Spot to aim at and after Two shots wouldn have gotten the range and easly hit him with the rest.

How about when the T-1000 was on the back of the car slashing at John with hook-arms... the T-800 fired the shotgun backwards over his shoulder without looking . Presumably he used the rearview mirror, but still - the way in which a mirror confuses a human would mean that even Jet Li or someone of similar skill couldn't do that and be sure of hitting the T-1000 and NOT hitting John. But the Terminator did it.
Question how COULD he have missed him, Your talking not only about a shot gun but a 2-Foot Target in a Three foot area, Even better with the shot-gun
A blind man stands a good chance of making this one

Now I'm done with those examples I'll get onto the ones I agree with
How about during the chase after the tow truck, when he hit numerous padlocks each time, with a shotgun of all things, one handed, firing from the point, and with a speeding motorcycle as a base (not the most stable of aiming platforms). And after having grabbed John, turned around, fired backwards and hit the tire of the truck, again firing from the point, one handed, from an even more awkward position than before.
First part was dead easy he was mear feet away from the target using as you said a shot-gun of all things, The Tire shot was a good hard one but the rest... No easy.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Crazy_Vasey
Jedi Council Member

Post by Crazy_Vasey »

During the future wars, each T-800 could kill over 150 humans before being taken down - that's how unbalanced the kill ratio was. This was even with the reistance having plasma rifles capable of destroying Terminators.
Wow they were massacring rebels with zero military training. I'm so impressed.

They wouldn't even be close to that level of effectiveness against highly trained stormtroopers, they're only lame shots when the character shields are on :p
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Mr Bean wrote: This one is very easy to explain, He Shot high. Notice as soon as he started up everyone dove to the ground behind or near thier squad cars, Leaving him free to simply rake the top half. This could have done by anyone who knew to simply aim high

The damage on the first car he shot started at the BOTTOM of the door, if he aimed over them it should have started higher up or missed compleatly.

Then he has his shots at them as they ran. The bullets where striking about four inches from there feet. Care to try that with an 84 pound spinning weapon with massive vibrations?
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Mr Bean wrote: This one is very easy to explain, He Shot high. Notice as soon as he started up everyone dove to the ground behind or near thier squad cars, Leaving him free to simply rake the top half. This could have done by anyone who knew to simply aim high

The damage on the first car he shot started at the BOTTOM of the door, if he aimed over them it should have started higher up or missed compleatly.

Then he has his shots at them as they ran. The bullets where striking about four inches from there feet. Care to try that with an 84 pound spinning weapon with massive vibrations?
Counter to your claim 100% Accurasy he missed a few times, Heck I could have made this shot as Mr 1000 was running in a straite line and even though I'm in a moving platform I have 1 Spot to aim at and after Two shots wouldn have gotten the range and easly hit him with the rest.
Ever fired a shot gun single handed? Given what you just wrote, I doubt you even handeled one.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

Next thing you know, people will be saying you can shoot an ample of someone's head using an m60 at the hip
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Flip it around he aimed low
Anyone whos shot an automatic weapon knows its alot easier to miss a target than to hit one.
Ever fired a shot gun single handed? Given what you just wrote, I doubt you even handeled one.
Yes I have though I favor the Weaver Stance due to the addited stability, When I was growing up lacking anything better to do I was shiped into the Boy-Scouts, Lucky for me I got to go to a *politcly inccorect Boy-Scout Camp where among other things we learned Skeet shooting, How to handle a 22 Pistol and Rifle, Deer Hunting(And the aftermath) duck hunting calls(Though not how to hunt ducks for some odd reason, lack of time I suppose). How to fire in the Prone, Kneeling and Standing, How baddly jumping affects aim all of this taught to us by a retired US Marine Sergant who acted as our Range Master. Further along in life I happend to live near a born and bread NRA supporter who besides a collection of WWII weaponry had a few moderns scatered about, I've shoten everything from a Luger to a .45 Colt through-out my life and I will soon be applying for a Conceled Carry Permit thanks to a recent move that landed me in a State that allows this.

To use the classic line

But enough about me. How about you?

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Just noticed your post Omega
Next thing you know, people will be saying you can shoot an ample of someone's head using an m60 at the hip
Well maybe not with the FIRST shot :twisted: and I'm guessing thats apple you ment to say and was that with or without collaterle damage, I'm guessing you mean no but you could me yes :P