star systems of b5 races according to AOG

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

starfury
Jedi Master

star systems of b5 races according to AOG

Post by starfury »

I just checked on b5 tech message board to get this info.

centuari republic 26 star systems
minbari federation 18 star systems
Earth alliance 28 star systems
narn regime 17 systems

vree 2 star systems
drazi 12 star systems
brikaria 3 star systems.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

I do wonder if those numbers are accurate since Centauri at it's height controlled a quarter of the galaxy and then started to decline. According to the B5tech website.
septesix
Padawan Learner

Post by septesix »

B5 tech site is NOT Canon.

I believe there were some metioning of Centuri control a larger part of a galaxy and that even Minbari fears them because of that, but I can't remember if the number was ever quoted in the show.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

B5 tech occasionally ignores canon. The quote was that the Centauri controlled a quarter of known space. The numbers listed at the top are FAR more reasonable, seeing as how easy it was for the Centauri to fight the Narn back to their homeworld and wipe out their colonies. B5 is a very small area, and its ships are not very powerful, compared ot SW and ST. They are very cool, and the plot is great, but their species are comparatively weak.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

septesix wrote:B5 tech site is NOT Canon.

I believe there were some metioning of Centuri control a larger part of a galaxy and that even Minbari fears them because of that, but I can't remember if the number was ever quoted in the show.
I don't think the Minbari fearing them ever was true. Remember in "In the Beginning" Londo clearly states that even at the ehight of their might they never even dared confront the MInbari, the Minbari are undoubtably the GREAT power of the B5 universe.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
starfury
Jedi Master

fleet size

Post by starfury »

thanks master of Ossus, now for the problem of fleet sizes, I refuse to think the even b5 races had fleets of less then a hundred as babtech states.

I tend to base my view on a offical quote of the 200 omega-class destoryers, which I still have no idea where it came from and base the rest of the races fleet on this, bear with me on this okay, I am just guessing around.

Earth Alliance(2258)
200 omega-class destoryers

Centuari republic(2258)
2000 warships( mostly the vorchans, with less then a 60 or more primus)

narn regime(2258)
200 G'qon heavy cruisers

minbari federation(2258)
600 sharlin warcruisers

I must also say that the sharlin is close to the offical size of 600 meters as I always felt it is as tall as the earth destoryer is long.

the victory-class destoryer is on my view only mile in length.

If anybody disagrees that is ok, I just want b5's numbers to large but only so There fleet must be at least larger then the RDF of the robotech.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.