Who can stand up to the Jedi?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Omega-13 wrote:Hey you know who might have a good chance? that evil bitch from Ghost Busters with the short hair, remember her? She was at the end there, looked pretty good too
i would hardly call her omnipotent,
I think that bitch from Men in Black II might be able to beat one, too. Truly sad how far MIB fell in the space of one movie. And the first one was such a classic.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Couldn't the bug from the first one too? Expesly if we took K comments complealty seriously.

As long as he doesn't eat the jeid.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

willburns84 wrote:Lensmen. Ugh. They could almost be called Godlike. I completely forgot about them.

I wasn't thinking about anime, either. ::knocks self on head:: Let's not forget the Kawaii power of Sasami. :twisted:
Well, How about a scanner then instead.
willburns84
Padawan Learner

Post by willburns84 »

Wow.

"Darth Shinji"

Wow.

God, I love that name. Makes me feel all tingly inside. :twisted:

Since we've gone the route of anime, why not comic books? No, nevermind. :roll:

Jedi versus Eva-01, berserking Eva-01. Jedi: "WTF?" & leaves. 8)
"Fleet admirals have it made. They only have to worry about the success of their subordinates, their Moff, and guys whose name beings with Lord."
-Captain Seledrood (deceased)
"Iron within! Iron without!"
Diamedes
Youngling

Post by Diamedes »

Perhaps a Second Foundation Agent from Asimov's universe could take out a Jedi. At a distance at least. They seem to focus more on telepathy than Jedi do and seem more potent. Similarly, a Solarian or Gaian probably could. Maybe Joseph Schwartz from Pebble in the Sky could.

A Culture drone with it's maniple fields probably could. Basically just disarm him, since I don't know that a knife-missile would be up to form against a Jedi.

Hmmm. On that theory a Foundationer with a personal shield might eventually be able to get a blast in on a Jedi. I think they Jedi would probably just escape from the Foundationer.

I wonder how a Jedi would fare against a Grendel from Niven, Pournelle, and Barnes' Legacy of Heorot and Beowulf's Children. They're these lizard/frog things that have a gland that produces "oxidizer" that sends them above cheetah speeds, though they're rhino sized. I think it would pose a much more considerable threat than the three animals in AOTC. Though the fight would have to be fast, since Grendel's overheat like a Cheetah does.

Some of the stuff from Brin's Uplift Series might be able to from sheer ferocity, like a Tandu perhaps. An Episiarch really might do some damage, since it can warp reality on will alone. That's almost like the Force even.

Qui-Gon Jinn mentions that it's hard to do, but from Dune a Fremen or Saudekar (spellings wrong, I know) might have the skill to take one out.
Look at that S-car go.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

willburns84 wrote:Wow.

"Darth Shinji"

Wow.

God, I love that name. Makes me feel all tingly inside. :twisted:

Since we've gone the route of anime, why not comic books? No, nevermind. :roll:

Jedi versus Eva-01, berserking Eva-01. Jedi: "WTF?" & leaves. 8)
One of my friends made the comment that Darth Vader would of been a better dad to Shinji. Thats were it came from. :lol:
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

The Shrike from Dan Simmon's books.
A fremen or Leto himslef. Or would Leto be considered outside the parameters? I don't think a light saber is going to hurt him too badly. But he can also see the future. So he may be outside the parameters.
A paratwa from Hinz works. It would beat a Jedi very quickly and very easily. There isn't much in any sci fi book or movie that can beat a paratwa. Unless we allow god-likes to fight.

Oh, and on the humorous side, a ripped shirt, real hair Kirk. hehehe. He kicks ass!

-Jack "the silly" Lain.
Graeme Dice
Jedi Master

Post by Graeme Dice »

Mr Bean wrote:Bascily most AOE attackers could do the job
Like the bomb big enough to take out a city block that Corran absorbed from close range?
MagicHateBall
Youngling

Post by MagicHateBall »

willburns84 wrote: Jedi versus Eva-01, berserking Eva-01. Jedi: "WTF?" & leaves. 8)
Well, if the Eva gets the first move...

*CRUNCH*

There's not a whole lot one can do against an Eva unit's foot, let alone the Eva itself..

Of course, Asuka at a third of the way through EoE would find a *much* more creative way to do it. :D
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world." -- Mary Shafer
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

if I am not mistaken, The Eva only works for a limited amount of time.
If I am not mistaken the 3 pilots, Asuka, Shinji and Rei are not prime examples of "strong minds".
Perhaps only Rei, for her absolute weirdness and not explaned nature could mean something to some Jedi's tricks and speed to avoid the EVA until its turn off. A smart jedi would just do it, remain out of sight until its is off.
Of course, this sceneary is a bit ridiculous...
"Here a lonely man. He is the enemy. Send the eva...oh, no, send Misato. She is security chief, he is not an angel. She call the police and arrest him, because he is not a gigantic creature that have to combat in open ground. He actually is coming here inside our instalations already...Oh. dear"
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

Shaft could because he's one bad mother...
Crossover_Maniac
Padawan Learner

Post by Crossover_Maniac »

Manji wrote:An Alabama hick with a 12 gage.

Half-inch lightsaber vs three/four/five/six/etc inch spread = dead Jedi.

HEY!!! I'm from Alabama. :evil: Bite me.
"Nietzche is dead"-God
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Sooo... you're saying you're a hick?
「かかっ―」
Crossover_Maniac
Padawan Learner

Post by Crossover_Maniac »

XaLEv wrote:Sooo... you're saying you're a hick?

LOL! Yeah, I left myself open on that one.
"Nietzche is dead"-God
Quid
Redshirt

Post by Quid »

only one man can stop a jedi, and that man is John Crichton.
Gay and Liberal, and damn proud of it.
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

Gandalf the White. I know it aint exactly scifi, but he was a bad mofo.
omegaLancer
Jedi Knight

what about Freeman from dune

Post by omegaLancer »

What about the freeman from dune, they too possess ,mental powers from inhalation of spice.. they are also arm with sonic weapons, which I donot believe a jedi light saber can block
Renewed_Valour1
Padawan Learner

Re: Who can stand up to the Jedi?

Post by Renewed_Valour1 »

Would the Spirit of the Abyss from Andromeda be too powerful?

If so then one of his tesseracting agents should be able to do the trick. The Jedi gets a vague feeling then someone in another dimension rips out their heart without ever being seen.