Star Wars VS. Starship Troopers.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Heh, the wretched movie is on cable. I turned it on right at the part where the supposed "MI" were just landed in their wannabe WWII LCIs and just when the Arachnids are coming out of the ground. Tell me, how can anyone argue that they could win a fight? They all stopped and stood their, with horrified expressions going with one of them going "What are we doing? What are we doing?", then slowly advanced forward without taking cover or establishing killzones.
Appearantly, they lost 10 times more people on Klendathu than were lost in all of Vietnam. That's just sad.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

According to the original debate we were talking about book MI's, but I don't think countdooku knows that there's a difference. He seems to be as stupid as most Trekkies, despite the fact that his name is a SW name. I like the part when he tells me that .30 caliber rounds would go through stormtrooper armor AFTER I tried twice to explain to him how strong stormtrooper armor is, including once by referencing Mike Wong's calculations on the matter (that he made to help him deal with IXJac). His other points were similarly laughable. I hope Mike reads this, though. He would make him a village idiot in no time flat. :D
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Hrm, I thought I was the one who tried to change it to book MI... oh well, if it's book Mobile Infantry, then the Stormtroopers die very quickly. While Stormtroopers can no doubt survive .30 cal fire and retarded tactics, I doubt they would deal well with a group that fields 50 soldiers and uses them to burn down a sprawling city.. :)
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Sorry, Gil, upon reading the opening posts you seem quite correct. The thread topic does appear to be movie MI. I don't think they stand any chance. BTW, I saw dooku in here a couple of times after I beat him down with my last few posts, so I think he gave up. I don't think I'll keep checking back on this thread as regularly.

Yes, I agree, I think that the book MI are vastly more powerful than stormtroopers. That would have been a far more interesting topic. The movie MI just seem stupid and weak.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."