Pick your own spaceship

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

What ship i would choose? My own of course :roll:
Click images for descriptions.

GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

That is one sexy-assed... ASSU.
darth korte
Youngling

Post by darth korte »

I can´t decide between millenium falcon, emperor-class battleship,space marine battle barge, covenant cruiser and executor-class command ship.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

A Galaxy-Class Starship. Park it over Earth and open it as a 7-star hotel. People will pay a fortune for the facilities my ship can provide.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

Voyger with the borg transwarp drive rent it out for scince to other stars
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

did we mention that the Escher can pre-observe and choose anything that's unknown. (not only did your railguns all have overloads, but your missiles are loaded with pepsi.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Bounty wrote:And we wouldn't be able to start any of the other ships because we don't have the keys, we wouldn't be able to go anywhere because we don't have a crew :roll:
Except, unlike the other examples, insufficient training, (which, yes, would be an impediment) the Imprimateur is a defence mechanism designed to stop us lesser races using TARDISes. There would also be serious problems using say, a leviathan, or a puddle jumper, which also have built in blocks to normal humans using them.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Did you fail to see the obviously deliberatly-designed hull opening that allowed the Master Chief and the bomb to float right into the reactor chamber?
Indeed, that pissed me off. The only logical reason for that extremely thin ridge of armor to have been like that is if it had somehow had taken a glancing hit from a SMAC round or something. Normally, Covenant ships simply aren't that flimsy (heck, in TFor, a frigate gets bisected two or three times by MACs and keeps on fighting.) The huge, empty core area was also kind of weird, although considering that the Unyielding Heriophant also had a similar core, I suppose the Covenant reactor system might necesitate such a design.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Necroid
Youngling

Post by Necroid »

The Enterprise, I think. Or maybe an ISD.
BTW, the Paradigm class cruiser looks great. Nice work Antares.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

A GSV would be the first choice. Although you couldn't be said to "own" it, the populations can range up to planetary scale, they're self sufficient, and the Culture probably has enough technologcical cabability to build or simulate any other ship you might desire.

Either that or Macross 7. Again, it's a cityship with a million or so citizens, so you wouldn't be lonely, but this time it comes with it's own flight wing of variable fighters, which are at least five entirely different kinds of cool.

Would need modification for true self sufficiency though, it currently relies on an agriship.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Does the Delorian count?

If not, the new Galactica.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Nyrath
Padawan Learner

Post by Nyrath »

I'd take a WarpShip of my own design, of course.
ImageImage

Failing that, I'd settle for the Galactic Cruiser Leif Ericson.
http://www.projectrho.com/SSC/index.html
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Ender wrote:Does the Delorian count?

If not, the new Galactica.
Doc Brown-ized?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Shadowtraveler
Padawan Learner

Post by Shadowtraveler »

I'd go with the Executor. You really can't go wrong with it. It's not weak, but it isn't exactly wanked out either(though some may disagree, but that's what broadsides are for...).
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I would either take a Mercury class Battlestar or the Galactica. Those babies can take a beating and keep on dishing out ass kicking.
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

Antares wrote:What ship i would choose? My own of course :roll:
Click images for descriptions.<snip images>
Dang, those are sweet. I've tried my hand at 3D modeling before, but could never get the hang of it. Awesome work. I really like the wing design on the second one.
I'm a trolling moron and my E-mail is mbiddinger@mchsi.com
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

I'll take the Sith Infiltrator. I don't need anything huge, just something I can crew by myself, and maybe take some friends a trip or two.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

The Liberator.

I just loved Blakes 7 when it aired in at the cable chanels in the 80's
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Actually, I'll change my vote to the Somtaaw Shaman carrier.

Much the same, but with a spare frigate bay and doors. I'm torn wether to use the spare bay to build destroyer pieces, build extras for the ship or just convert it into a giant swimming pool.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

why do I see this in my message box and think that somehow pick should be getting a starship full of bishonen?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:why do I see this in my message box and think that somehow pick should be getting a starship full of bishonen?
Heh, With our Queen of Bishy, the word "pick" shal lfoever have a double meaning.. Indeed "Pick, your own Starship" could mean something else... I wonder if she can make a starship sexy, as everything else she draws is ;)
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Anyway... I'll take a late-period starfleet vessel, Sovreign class perhaps. Something that has replicators, a good computer archive, and can be powered under non-warp conditions by hydrogen.

I would pick a romulan ship, so I could cloak it, but that would render its displays and remedial learning programs unreadable to me. Instead, I'd just hide it behind the moon.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Mayhem
Youngling

Post by Mayhem »

hm.... YF-19 from Macross plus for sheer style and fun, but retrofitted with SW power systems, engines, inertial dampners, weaponry, and sheilds if there is room for 'em.

Of course I then spend a couple days or weeks screwing with the air-forces of every major country on earth.

:twisted:
CaptJodan
Jedi Council Member

Post by CaptJodan »

I'd take a Culture ship, preferably one large enough to have some space, but not too large to be considered greedy.

It's not for the reasons of galactic conquest or dick waving either. I just want to have the option of seeing everything but at the same time not having to work for it or do anything. I can sit back, be on a mind altering drug, or just shoot rapids or do whatever the fuck I want until we come across something interesting, and then participate and go back to life. If I wanted to help with whatever scientific readings came about, I could, but I wouldn't have to. I'd have no interest in galactic domination (I know, I'm on the wrong board), I'd just want to travel around and be left alone (but have at least SOME ability to kick ass if someone was pushy).

Keeping a YT up and running, let alone a Star Destroyer is just too much WORK.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Something that can be fueled and maintained without the infrastructure of it's originating society.