Predator Vs Blade

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Necroid
Youngling

Predator Vs Blade

Post by Necroid »

A Predator has decided that Blade would make a good trophy. One night it corners him in an alley. This is Hth, so no guns for Blade and no plasma caster for the Pred.
To be honest, I'm not sure who would win. The Pred is bigger and thougher, but Blade is probably more agile.
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

I'd say Blade wins due to superior speed.
SVPD
Jedi Master

Post by SVPD »

Can Blade's sword get through the Predator's armor?
Shit like this is why I'm kind of glad it isn't legal to go around punching people in the crotch. You'd be able to track my movement from orbit from the sheer mass of idiots I'd leave lying on the ground clutching their privates in my wake. -- Mr. Coffee
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Predator "armor" doesn't seem to cover that much of their body.

I give it to Blade.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What armor? That plate that obscures his glow-in-the-dark nipples or that body stocking? You can see his reptilian gut, there's no armor!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Errr... that was in reply to SVPD
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Admiral_Evian
Misogynist Prick

Post by Admiral_Evian »

If blade has his sword then I would say he could cut the predator down using his superior speed. The predators armour does not really cover his body enough to be of any use.

If they are using fists, then the predator would easily win. After all, he did easily take some heavy blows from Arnie. ARNIE for goodness sake! :lol:
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

I'd say Predator wins. Guess I'm in the Minority. Blade has the edge in in Speed, but a Pred is stronger and his weapons are made of a Stronger metal. If it comes down to HTH. Pred wins evne moreso.

Be back with some quantifications. (still thinking it over)
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

If the Predator gets his typical close-range arsenal
(wrist blades, combistick, disk for close combat, cloak) then i voting for predator.

Neocron has never mentioned the predator gets no cloak.
In fact, he only said no plasma caster for the Predator.
So we still have the net-gun, spear-gun, disk (for ranged combat) and pistol.
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

Ah.. "Hth" means hand-to-hand.
Ok then close combat weapons only but it's the predator for me still.
And if HtH is really HAND to HAND with no weapons at all then it's the predator, too.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Every one is busy here gushing to Predators strength, but remember Blade is half vampire and had their strength and speed. His endurance and ability to take a kicking isn't too shabby neither. When fighting the Blood God in part one he was punched clear across a room and still got up.

The real question is does Predator know about Blades vampireism? If he picks on Blade thinking he's a normal human he might be off balance when blade kicks it to high gear, off balance enough to make a fatal mistake.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Blade would beat the shit out of the Predator in unarmed combat. Go watch the fight against Nomak at the end of Blade 2 again. Look at the punishment Blade absorbs without lasting ill-effect.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Blade has limited regeneration abilities, enough to survive anything and everything that fails to decapitate him or remove his heart, as long as he has blood to drink. If the Predator fails to strike decisively in the first round, he'll be demoted to "giant bottle of Mountain Dew".
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Spetulhu
Padawan Learner

Post by Spetulhu »

Predators don't go around picking on random people for fun, do they? It probably gets the idea of fighting Blade while witnessing one of those silly Blade-style vampire massacres. Thus it will be aware he's not quite human and prepare accordingly. Spear to the spine, then chop head off for trophy.

Besides, how powerful does Blade actually have to be? He's just fighting people that burst into fire if you throw a silver spoon at them. :lol:
"We don't negotiate with fish."
-M, High Priest of Shar
Lukedanieljames
Padawan Learner

Post by Lukedanieljames »

If the fight ends up like a typical cat and mouse thing, I think the Predator would eventually hit blade with a fatal shot from his plasma caster or impale him with a weapon. However if it went hand to hand, I think blade would destroy the Predator, probably end up breaking his neck in 5 or 6 seconds. Anyone remember Blade vs Novak in Blade II?

I don't think HTH is even a contest, predator is slow as hell, and not very good from the visuals we've seen.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Lukedanieljames wrote:If the fight ends up like a typical cat and mouse thing, I think the Predator would eventually hit blade with a fatal shot from his plasma caster or impale him with a weapon. However if it went hand to hand, I think blade would destroy the Predator, probably end up breaking his neck in 5 or 6 seconds. Anyone remember Blade vs Novak in Blade II?

I don't think HTH is even a contest, predator is slow as hell, and not very good from the visuals we've seen.
Ahem...
OP wrote:A Predator has decided that Blade would make a good trophy. One night it corners him in an alley. This is Hth, so no guns for Blade and no plasma caster for the Pred.
To be honest, I'm not sure who would win. The Pred is bigger and thougher, but Blade is probably more agile.
Read the OP, dummy!

Also, judging by the physical capabilities shown in Predator 1 & 2 and the Blade trilogy, the Daywalker's got this wrapped-up easily. He's got the Predator beat on speed (obviously), durability (take a look at the Nomak fight), and probably strength (judging by his athletic capabilities throughout the films).

Hell, Blade most likely has it beat in terms of fighting experience as well, and he's definitely more skilled (the thing may know how to fight, but it moves like a guy wearing a foam-rubber costume :D )[/img]
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Lukedanieljames
Padawan Learner

Post by Lukedanieljames »

oops, my mistake, and i agree with you 100%

the predator is slow as hell, maybe it can run fast, but its reaction times are embarasing
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Admiral_Evian wrote:If blade has his sword then I would say he could cut the predator down using his superior speed. The predators armour does not really cover his body enough to be of any use.

If they are using fists, then the predator would easily win. After all, he did easily take some heavy blows from Arnie. ARNIE for goodness sake! :lol:
Who gives a shit. Blade is probably many times stronger than Arnie.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Kamakazie Sith wrote:
Admiral_Evian wrote:If blade has his sword then I would say he could cut the predator down using his superior speed. The predators armour does not really cover his body enough to be of any use.

There's no "probably" about it. Look at the physics of some of the junk he pulls in the movies - I'm thinking specifically of that jump out the hospital window he did, and grabbing the subway train (which only dislocated his shoulder rather than pulling his arm out of his socket).
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Necroid
Youngling

Post by Necroid »

Kamakazie Sith wrote:

He is. But the Predator is pretty strong himself. Check out the A-P fight and Face Off clips:
Clips
Still, it’s probably not enough.
Now, what if we change the scenario somewhat?
Having studied Blade, the Predator decides that he is much too dangerous to engage in a fair fight. Some weapons would be a good idea...
Loaded up with his favourite toys (Wristblades, net gun, Disc, and Combistick) the Predator goes hunting. How does this change the outcome of the battle?
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Not a darn bit really.

We see Blade take a couple of hits in the fight with Nomak that made him impact concrete with enough force to crater it, yet he got right back up and resumed kicking ass.

The first Pred get's taken out by a log being dropped on it. The Second Pred get's it's ass kicked by a normal human using it's own weapon against it. The third one... Well, let's just say a Xenomorph Queen is wee bit on the side of overkill.

Unless the Pred gets the drop on Blade and kills him instantly, it's about to have a can of Daywalker Brand (TM) Whoop Ass opened on it.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Darth Sephiroth
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Sephiroth »

first off, there is no way in hell that a pred would make an attack like the one described while unarmed...maybe not armed to the teeth, but he'd have blades and other toys at a number that would scare an armed batalion...

If Blade doesn't have a ranged weapon out, the pred won't use them, so close range combat. Does blade have the capability to sense/see cloaked beings very well...
Need Backup!
My Employer ID is: 29877
See the New Imperium (Please check this out we need people there)
Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

Lord Pounder wrote:Every one is busy here gushing to Predators strength, but remember Blade is half vampire and had their strength and speed. His endurance and ability to take a kicking isn't too shabby neither. When fighting the Blood God in part one he was punched clear across a room and still got up.

The real question is does Predator know about Blades vampireism? If he picks on Blade thinking he's a normal human he might be off balance when blade kicks it to high gear, off balance enough to make a fatal mistake.
Have we ever seen blade get hit with 5.56mm rounds fired from a M-16, been in a point blank explosion from a 30mm grenade, hit with rounds from a desert eagle, hit at point blank with a shotgun(8 shots), or have his arm cut off? So a predator has great durability too... people are selling it far to short for my liking in this thread.
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Laird wrote:
Lord Pounder wrote:Every one is busy here gushing to Predators strength, but remember Blade is half vampire and had their strength and speed. His endurance and ability to take a kicking isn't too shabby neither. When fighting the Blood God in part one he was punched clear across a room and still got up.

Have we ever seen blade get hit with 5.56mm rounds fired from a M-16, been in a point blank explosion from a 30mm grenade, hit with rounds from a desert eagle, hit at point blank with a shotgun(8 shots), or have his arm cut off? So a predator has great durability too... people are selling it far to short for my liking in this thread.
The Predator doesn't demonstrate regeneration abilities, as Blade did by recovering from getting impaled twice by silver stakes, getting his wrists cut open so his lifeblood would flow out (Blade), or becoming a fleshy pin cushion so the marble-skinned vampire can drain his blood for genetic engineering experiments (Blade II)-- all without a scar or other mark on his body. As long as Blade has access to serum or blood, he'll have the advantage in endurance. Trust me, the battle will end with the Predator getting his head cut off and his body turned upside-down so Blade can down his green blood like mountain dew.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

Sidewinder wrote:
Laird wrote:

The Predator doesn't demonstrate regeneration abilities, as Blade did by recovering from getting impaled twice by silver stakes, getting his wrists cut open so his lifeblood would flow out (Blade), or becoming a fleshy pin cushion so the marble-skinned vampire can drain his blood for genetic engineering experiments (Blade II)-- all without a scar or other mark on his body. As long as Blade has access to serum or blood, he'll have the advantage in endurance. Trust me, the battle will end with the Predator getting his head cut off and his body turned upside-down so Blade can down his green blood like mountain dew.
Who needs to regenerate when you can absorb 8 shotgun shells to the chest and not even have it effect you?
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto