They're sex-changing X-Men's Angel? WTF? [Nyet, comrades]

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Chmee
Sith Marauder

They're sex-changing X-Men's Angel? WTF? [Nyet, comrades]

Post by Chmee »

Maybe it's old, just found it myself ....... god damn these people piss me off. Bad enough that Warren wasn't in the first damned movie, now Angel isn't even a Warren? Why not just make him a fucking mutant bunny rabbit that wears a Barbarella outfit while you're at it?
Ain't It Cool News reported several rumors about the upcoming third X-Men movie, including the addition of three new mutants. The three new X-Men will be the blue-haired Beast, the Cajun Gambit and the winged mutant Angel, the site reported.

The site added that Angel will be female, unlike the character in the Marvel Comics series.

Beast will "serve the same role in these films that Morpheus did in The Matrix," the site reported.
Link
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

There was a female Angel in Grant Morrison's New X-Men, maybe she's the one that will be in the movie. Totally different character, though.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I would be highly dubious of this unless more is heard.... AICN is somewhat iffy as far as reliability goes.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Belongs in Fanatsy

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

Elheru Aran wrote:I would be highly dubious of this unless more is heard.... AICN is somewhat iffy as far as reliability goes.
Excellent skepticism, apparently ...
IGN FilmForce checked with its super-secret X3 insider who declared that "Angel is male!" We were advised that Angel (a.k.a. Warren Worthington III) will be a "major character" as will Beast.

Beast will be seen in his transformed state and will be played by a different actor than Steve Bacic, who appeared as Hank McCoy in X2.

Overall, our source confirmed the rest of the AICN report as accurate but emphasized that "Gambit is not a major character." While the ragin' Cajun enjoyed a relationship with Rogue in the comics, it's uncertain whether that will be a part of X3 in any way (or how any potential affair will sit with Rogue's current beau, Bobby "Iceman" Drake).

IGN's source also revealed that Cyclops is still in the movie but not as a major character. They would not reveal anything more about his part but did confirm that Matthew Vaughn is indeed on-board to direct.
Link
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but

Operation Freedom Fry
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Goddammit, if Cyclops is just going to barely be in the movie again I sincerely hope they aren't doing the Dark Phoenix Saga like they foreshadowed in X2. How can you do that story with Cyclops not being a major player?

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

They probably won't do Dark Phoenix.

James Marsden will be on Superman Returns, so having Cyclops as a major was pretty much shot anyway.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Vendetta wrote:They probably won't do Dark Phoenix.

James Marsden will be on Superman Returns, so having Cyclops as a major was pretty much shot anyway.
Pretty sure he won't have a huge part in Superman Returns, though. It's possible for him to be in both.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Hank McCoy was in X2? :?:
Anybody know where?
And did they really need more characters? How about elaborating on those that are already in there?
I mean Kitty and Peter had what basically were cameos, how about bring those to the foreground a bit more?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Batman wrote:Hank McCoy was in X2? :?:
Anybody know where?
he's seen very briefly in a TV (can't remember exactly were).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Anybody know where?
And did they really need more characters? How about elaborating on those that are already in there?
I mean Kitty and Peter had what basically were cameos, how about bring those to the foreground a bit more?
Hank was speaking on TV in the bit where Magneto's guard is in the bar-- talking about how we should take a more humane approach to the mutants, etc, something like that-- kinda nerdy professor-ish guy with glasses.

And I agree-- they should have worked with Colossus a little more. Kitty seemed to be basically a student, so she doesn't need a real big role.

They did imply that Phoenix would appear, and I wouldn't be surprised if this movie focuses somewhat on that.

A bonus of the extra characters-- less Wolverine-wank...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

Lord Revan wrote:
Anybody know where?
he's seen very briefly in a TV (can't remember exactly were).
Yeah, there was a tv news story where they were interviewing Hank McCoy as an expert on something ...

Operation Freedom Fry
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

I think McCoy was on tv in some part of the movie. I think when they went to Iceman's house or something like that.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Slartibartfast wrote:I think McCoy was on tv in some part of the movie. I think when they went to Iceman's house or something like that.
It was in the bar before Mystique hit on that guard. IIRC he was in a TV debate with another supporting character in the comics... Bolivar Trask or someone.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

I don't give a shit about Angel and Warren or Wanda, since the character only served in the love triangle between Cyclops-Jean Grey-Angel. Frankly the entire character sucks. "I can fly, and I've got wings."

Apocalypse: "We'll see about those wings..."

Archangel was cooler because his wings were made of metal, and shot shit at arseholes. Those are the sorts of wings you want. Not this shitty feather shit. Plus Archangel's girlfriend was hotter, but then she died. Or wait, which Psylocke was the one that died? I seem to recall there were a few clones involved or something.

I'm more worried that Gambit will be in this movie. "Fear my power of throwing cards at you. I can deal a mean hand. I am teh ragin' Cajun."

But Beast will be there, so it's not all bad. I want to see McCoy do somersaults and act like a monkey while denigrating his opponent's improper usage of grammar.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Well, on one hand, Angel maintains his gender, but on the other hand, he's in the movie. Never seemed like a very interesting character to me, but whatever.

And for the record, Gambit was my favorite X-man, ever.
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Am I the only one who's ok to see Kelly Hu as the Death Horseman? :P
Vendetta wrote:They probably won't do Dark Phoenix.

Another reason to have mixed feelings on Bryan Singer's leave :?
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:Am I the only one who's ok to see Kelly Hu as the Death Horseman? :P
And she's going to play the twin sister of the character in X2?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Stofsk wrote:I don't give a shit about Angel and Warren or Wanda, since the character only served in the love triangle between Cyclops-Jean Grey-Angel. Frankly the entire character sucks. "I can fly, and I've got wings."

Apocalypse: "We'll see about those wings..."

Archangel was cooler because his wings were made of metal, and shot shit at arseholes. Those are the sorts of wings you want. Not this shitty feather shit. Plus Archangel's girlfriend was hotter, but then she died. Or wait, which Psylocke was the one that died? I seem to recall there were a few clones involved or something.

I'm more worried that Gambit will be in this movie. "Fear my power of throwing cards at you. I can deal a mean hand. I am teh ragin' Cajun."

But Beast will be there, so it's not all bad. I want to see McCoy do somersaults and act like a monkey while denigrating his opponent's improper usage of grammar.
Wow, aren't you just a bundle of happy love? :P

The rumor pissed people off because Angel was one of the five original X-Men. Apocolypse gave him metal wings because Angel lost his natural ones (his best buddy had them amputated after the Mutant Massacre). They ended up growing back (thanks, apparently to the metal wings themselves). Psylocke is still dead. ;)

Whats the problem with Gambit? He's got teh l33t thievin' skillz (:P) and his ability to charge objects with energy is nice. He only uses cards because its a gimmic. He's used other objects before.

Anyways, if they don't do the Dark Phoenix Saga in X3, they might do it in X4. They could use it to explain Cyclop's absense in X3.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Hi ho, hi ho, to Fantasy we go.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Psylocke is still dead.
Haha, nope! She's back!

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Joe wrote:
Psylocke is still dead.
Haha, nope! She's back!
*Develops a twitch* ...
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

IGN's source also revealed that Cyclops is still in the movie but not as a major character. They would not reveal anything more about his part but did confirm that Matthew Vaughn is indeed on-board to direct.
WTF? You can *see* the phoenix in the water at the end of X2. If they fucking DARE to do an X3 with phoenix and not have cylcops as a major character, I will go on a murderous rampage- especially if it's just X3: Wolverine and Phoenix :roll:
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Hmm, LOVE Hank. (:luv:)

HATE Gambit. :x

Angel is meh male or female.

I guess this pretty much makes things even in my eyes. :wink:
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Gambit can take that fucking staff of his and use it to ramrod his fucking cards up his ass.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"