Favorite Batman movie?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Favorite Batman movie?

Batman
76%
Batman Returns
19%
Batman Forever
3%
Batman & Robin
3%

Total votes: 37

Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Phil Skayhan wrote:I am not a fan of any of the Batman movies. But if I had to choose I'd have to go with the first one.

I thought Keaton did alright as Wayne/Batman, but I did not like Nicholson as the Joker. If I had my choice of casting for that role, I would have picked Steve Martin. He would have nailed the charachter, fits the body type, and Martin would not have needed prosthetics for his face.
What kind of crack have you been smoking??? Steve Martin as the Joker??? Keaton did a great job IMO in showing Bruce as a somewhat unstable fellow, he should have bulked up for the role but hey he acted the part correctly. Now Jack was perfect as the Joker, I don't see anyone pulling it off better than Jack.
When I first heard they were making Batman, I hoped they were going to do an adaptation of the Dark Night Returns, but I guess they needed to start from the "beginning" for people with no knowledge of the comic. But if they were to make another Batman, The Dark Night Returns would be perfect. It could even dovetail nicely with the forthcoming Superman movie. Of course, if they fuck up Superman.......Kelso?!!
Kelso is going to be Supes???WTF!
But who would you cast as the older Batman? Ten years ago I would have chosen Clint Eastwood. Now? All I can come up with is Harrison Ford....mostly for his voice
Eastwood as Batman? WTF! Harrison Ford maybe, but I don't think he fits too well.
Steve Martin would still work as an older Joker.
Once again what the hell are you taking because Steve Martin would suck as the Joker, mainly because he is not the evil villian type.

BTW did anyone else think that Tommy Lee Jones was the Joker in Two-Faces body in the movie Batman:Forever? I would say that Schulmacher made both the Riddler and Two-Face too flamboyant. I think that both of those characters were much more reserved to a point then the Riddler got all gigglely and Two-Face got all psycho killer.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Death from the Sea wrote: BTW did anyone else think that Tommy Lee Jones was the Joker in Two-Faces body in the movie Batman:Forever? I would say that Schulmacher made both the Riddler and Two-Face too flamboyant. I think that both of those characters were much more reserved to a point then the Riddler got all gigglely and Two-Face got all psycho killer.
Those are two of the main reasons I hate that movie. Two Face was way way way out of character. The Riddler was Jim Carey doing his schtick more so than being the Riddler. :roll: . There was too much camp all around.

Chris O'Donnel doesn't work for me as Dick/Robin but I'm not sure why. Maybe he reminds me too much of Burt Ward. :?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

Death from the Sea wrote:What kind of crack have you been smoking??? Steve Martin as the Joker??? Now Jack was perfect as the Joker, I don't see anyone pulling it off better than Jack.Steve Martin would suck as the Joker, mainly because he is not the evil villian type
Perhaps it's my failing that, when I saw the film, I didn't see the Joker. I saw Jack Nicholson dressed up like the Joker. With the exception of a few bloop-bloops and other exclamations, Jack delivered his lines the same exact way he's done in all his movies. Dress him up as the Joker in Mars Attacks and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Martin. in my opinion, has a better acting range. Granted, he's primarily done comedy. But from the Jerk, to Roxanne, to My Blue heaven, there is an easily discerned difference in the way Martin performed his charachter.

As for looking the part, take a look at this quick little editing job I did:

Imagine what Martin could look like with a real makup job

Yep. He's also reportedly banging Demi Moore.
Eastwood as Batman? WTF! Harrison Ford maybe, but I don't think he fits too well.
Have you ever read Dark Knight Returns? He's supposed to be in his 50's. Plus, like I said, this was when I first heard they were making the movie. Eastwood could have easily done the role and looked the part.
Happily married gay couples with closets full of assault weapons. That's my vision for America
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Phil Skayhan wrote:
Ok, Ashton Kutcher gets kudos for hooking up with Demi Moore, but damn that goober cannot possibly pull off Superman. I mean come on he would come out of the Daily Planet and be like "Dude where's my car?" :roll:
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Death from the Sea wrote:
Phil Skayhan wrote:
Ok, Ashton Kutcher gets kudos for hooking up with Demi Moore, but damn that goober cannot possibly pull off Superman. I mean come on he would come out of the Daily Planet and be like "Dude where's my car?" :roll:
That's strange, I've read that he was playing Batman...

He'd suck at either of them though.