SD.nets Ultimate SuperHero Team

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Wolverine- Stealth, tracking ability
Spider-man- What is a team with out spidy
Flash-Speed, recon
Prof X- When he had his powers
Grail -no one can touch this guy in close combat
Maul - Talk about the ultimate strong guy
Rogue- have to have her
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Crazedwraith wrote:Hulk
Juggernaut
Spider-Man
Superman ( cos hes uber not cos i like him)
Forge (Invents stuuf)
Pheonix (when she had all the powers)
Scalet Spider/Ben reilly spider-man
He's a Witch! Burn him! Buuuurrrrnnnn him!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Dr. Strange (Leader)
Demon Etrigan (Magical powerhouse)
Wonder Woman (Does this need explained?)
The Witchblade/Sara Pezini (One bad bitch)
Scarlet Witch (Nearly as powerful as Etrigan or Strange)
Vision (Have to have the married couple, ya know)
She-Hulk (The Tank of the group, and unlike the classic Hulk, stays rational)

Yes, I'll admit this is weighted heavily towards woman and magic-users. But think of what they could do Together!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Lonestar wrote:
Juggernaut
Spider-Man
Forge (Invents stuuf)
Whats wrong with Reilly he was a better spider-man than PP
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Lonestar wrote:
Juggernaut
Spider-Man
Forge (Invents stuuf)
He most likely refers to the fact that the series was nothing more then Marvel ineptitude at backtracking and retconning.

It's one thing to change a character...it's another thing to back track and both piss off old fans and then ret-con and back pedal because old fans got angry...and piss off new fans. Pick a choice and stick with it, back pedalling just shows that you had no idea what you were doing, and shows extreme incompetence.

or

That or like many people intensely disliked the story arcs because of pointless ressurections and a death that would have mattered if they actually went forward with it.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Like Hell. All he was was a gimmick from a long and convulated storyline that turned me off Comics for years. (Except Preacher) It was the begining on the craptacularness that was the late '90's marvel comics. Peter Parker is, and always shall be Spidey. JMS is doing a good job rebuilding ASM, even if I think the whole "Totem" thing is a bit Hokey.

And, of Course, PAD's Captain Marvel kicks puny Human ass.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Hendrake
Padawan Learner

Post by Hendrake »

justifier wrote:
Can you tell what is my fave team?
The FF?
Bullseye! :lol:

Meaning: yes, you have hit the target. Possible confusion with Daredevil's nemesis intended.
"It appears that our minds will never meet on this subject."
"If someone asks you why you're oppressing a world and you reply with a lot of poetic crap, no." - Lord of Light, Roger Zelazny
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Apollo, The Authority, Strength, mass destruction ability
Midnighter, the Authority, the ultimate bastard
Jack Hawksmoor, the Authority, the ultimate urban commando
The Doctor, the Authority(you have to ask why?)
Elijah Snow, Planetary, experience, knowledge, the ability to freeze your scrotum solid
The Drummer, Planetary, techno-counteragent
Jakita Wagner, Planetary, all-around coolness and the ability to drop-kick a giant ant great distances through a building.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Voting closed and the ulitmate team is

Superman
Batman
Green Lantern
Spiderman
(everyone below is a tie a 4 votes each so our team is bigger)

Rogue
Martian Man hunter
Iron Man
Dr. strange
Thor
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Yeah, but your team needs to be bigger with that selection. Only five of them would I put on an a-list super team, and way to many of them have no killing hangups(like almost all of them).
And those five would be Dr. Strange, Superman, Batman, green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter. the others are acceptable superhuman minions, maybe.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

consequences wrote:Yeah, but your team needs to be bigger with that selection. Only five of them would I put on an a-list super team, and way to many of them have no killing hangups(like almost all of them).
And those five would be Dr. Strange, Superman, Batman, green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter. the others are acceptable superhuman minions, maybe.
You crazy jefe. Thor and Captain Marvel(Genis-vell) alone make up an A-list team that very nearly beats out yours. I would say Bats is pretty much useless in a fight between your A-Team and my pairing(different universes, knows nothing of them).

Genis is cosmically aware, so he'd see through any illuision the MM might put forth. Supes would be struck dead by Thor because of Magic.

Thor uses the Odin force smack down(tm) to wipe out Bats, GL, and MM, assuming Genis hasn't already killed them in imaginative ways.

Of course, at that point, Dr. Strange would probaly try to banish them or something. I don't know How effective that would be on the King of the Gods and someone who knows everything.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Captain Marvel is where on the list then? He must be invisible, cuz I sure as hell am not seeing him on the final team.

And when has Thor:
stopped Italy's momentum, ripping it off the face of the Earth
survived having his stomach exploded
caused Tokyo to rise as a giant mecha to lay a smackdown
Sterilised the Moon
Fought within the sun itself
etc. etc.

I'm not familiar with Marvel as much, so I can't really say where he compares to that, but Thor gets his hammer fed to him.
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

Hmmm I'll go for the hard hitters for my team:

Superman (Invincible, well pretty much)
Silver Surfer (As above plus the Power Cosmic!)
Molecule Man (After Secret Wars i.e. Beyonder Level Power)
Legion (Hmmmm Telepathic, Telekinetic, Pyrokinetic AND Insane, A must have)
Spawn (Well he's not exactly insanely powerful but he's just too cool not to bring along, oh and don't forgot dead man angst always a good thing)
Green Lantern (Hall Jordan when he got all the rings and destroyed the Lantern Corps)
Wolverine (He might slow everyone else down but he's still the best there is at what he does and thats gotta count for something)

Oh and if any of them dies I'll throw in Cthullu to eat them all
VRWC : Justice League : SDN Weight Watchers : BOTM : Former AYVB

Resident Magic the Gathering Guru : Recovering MMORPG Addict
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

consequences wrote:Captain Marvel is where on the list then? He must be invisible, cuz I sure as hell am not seeing him on the final team.

And when has Thor:
stopped Italy's momentum, ripping it off the face of the Earth
survived having his stomach exploded
caused Tokyo to rise as a giant mecha to lay a smackdown
Sterilised the Moon
Fought within the sun itself
etc. etc.

I'm not familiar with Marvel as much, so I can't really say where he compares to that, but Thor gets his hammer fed to him.
By who? No one on your "A-team" can match him. Supes gets smashed(vulnerable to magic). MM is nowhere near him in strength, sheer power, or omniescence. Bats dies with a stray thought. GL is sent far away. Since we see in the current FF books that Dr. Strange got his ass handed to him by Dr. Doom, it's unlikely that he'd be able to stand up to Thor.

Since Odin dying and Thor recieving his powers, Thor has been seen taking two direct Chinese ICBM hits. containing the nukes with no damage to the local area (NYC) and generally kicking the shit outta anything that crosses him.

He's also shattered the moon and completely re-assembled it. That matches anything Supe's has done. Thor alone could beat your A-team. Thor and Genis would stomp the shit outta them.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Lonestar wrote:Bats dies with a stray thought.
Hey!

I know that's likely 750 % true, but can't I just move to the Carribean and sit this whole thing out or something?

*mumbles* I knew this would turn versus sooner or later*/mumbles*
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Thor in this instance gets turned into a bouquet of flowers, to spruce up my team room. Or do you have no conception of what the Doctor is?

The final list isn't my A-team, I just put together the best that could be devised from the available materials that were voted in, as I was familiar with them. All of the Thor comics I've read are horribly out of date, I have no knowledge of the new uber-Thor. In any case, Rogue and Spiderman have no place in this, and Iron man is very iffy, since Batman: A. Fights better, B. Plans better, and C. Has more money.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

consequences wrote:Thor in this instance gets turned into a bouquet of flowers, to spruce up my team room. Or do you have no conception of what the Doctor is?

He got his ass kicked by Doom in the current FF books. Almost every Marvel Charecter has tried (and failed) to eject Thor from Earth since he Became "Number One", moved Asgard above NYC, and pretty much taken over things.

Strange is nuzzin!

The final list isn't my A-team,
But it is your "A-list"!
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Only in regards to the team that was voted in. My personal A-list has zero congruence with the popular choices, scroll up a few more posts, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

I missed this before the final tally? Damn! Well my list would have been:

Thor (god stuff)
Spawn (hell stuff)
Pheonix (the good one, but she could still eat stars if she wanted to)
Superman (the boyscout can't lose)
Batman (team needs a sugardaddy)
Professor X (not sure he's really needed with Pheonix around but he is a powerful telepath in his own right and I'm rounding out the top seven)
Spider-Man (comic relief, smart guy in his own right)
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.