Darth Vader vs ?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Darth Vader vs ?

Post by Kitsune »

I note that many people think that Darth Vader can beat the Headless Horseman. What I am curious about is who could beat Darth Vader hopefully without including Godlike beings (ie: Q) and not other Jedis / Sith.
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

yoda
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Hmm, the list(or at least excerpts):
Miowaro Tomakato
A Culture Drone
An elder vampire from most genres(barring buffy and blade)
Ranma Saotome
Most mid-high end anime characters actually
A hitler youth with an ysalimiri on his shoulder and a 30-06(must have good scope and steady aim).
An elder Dragon from most genres, age decreases as Universe's dragons gain capability.
The New Agent Smith
Nearly any Image/Wildstorm Superhuman
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Vader's Force Choke is what wins most of his fights. The ways to counter that include

1) Frying Vader before he can TK (telekenesis) them (Havok, Professor X)
2) Having TK of their own to resist it (Freiza, Invisible Woman)
3) Being incoperal (The Twins, Ms. Deep)
4) Having anti-magic/psionic fields (Dr. Strange, Magican Gary)
5) Being too tough to TK (Hulk, EVA-01)
6) Beating him in a quick-draw contest (The Flash, Dr. Akabane)

With his Force Choke out of the way, its just a matter of dameging him, which shouldn't be that hard. A beam wider than a Lightsaber should do it. Powerful telepathic atacks should do so as well, as well as decent magic.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Any primarch, failing that, the Emperor.

A good psyker could probably kill Vader too.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

But the Twins need to be solid to hurt Vader.... and wouldn't the force push somehow push the twins away?

When the Twins are phased they can't really move fast, you know, I mean when in a speeding car they phase through it and wind up eating the car's dust.....
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

All that's needed to kill the wonder twins is a laser and good timing.
That or incest charges.(You know it happens)

Plenty of anime characters could take him, that force choke doesn't work if someone kicks him upside the head while he does it. In fact, he might not be able to stop someone who lays a nice smackdown upside his face mask. Or anyone who can effect electrical change in surrounding areas.

Of course that always leads back to the culture drone.
The force is insignificant compared to the power of an effector field.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Any self respecting Black Mage...Vivi specifically...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:But the Twins need to be solid to hurt Vader.... and wouldn't the force push somehow push the twins away?
All I said was ways to avoid the choke. As for hurting Vader, turning solid inside someone usually hurts.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yogi wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:But the Twins need to be solid to hurt Vader.... and wouldn't the force push somehow push the twins away?
All I said was ways to avoid the choke. As for hurting Vader, turning solid inside someone usually hurts.
He doesn't choke them, he pushes them away -_-

How sure are you they can stick their hands in the dude, solidify and kill the dude? They never did that in the films. Any canon source indicating this?
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Crap. Make that:

http:// captainsnes.keenspace.com/d/20030405.html
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:He doesn't choke them, he pushes them away -_-
Uses Tekenesis . . . on incoperal objects . . . how?
Shroom Man 777 wrote:How sure are you they can stick their hands in the dude, solidify and kill the dude? They never did that in the films. Any canon source indicating this?
I mension that simply because it is a standard tactic which is used by the vast majority of "phasers" in fictions. Of course, you are free to argue that the Twins are somehow diffrent and unique in that sense.

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Hmm, then Ms. Deep from Read Or Die would be a good bet.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

theheap wrote:yoda
If that were the case ... why didn't he?
consequences wrote:A hitler youth with an ysalimiri on his shoulder and a 30-06(must have good scope and steady aim).
Wouldn't work. Vader would still be able to use the force to destroy the bullets, you'd need to basically cover the area with ysalimiri. Not to mention his durasteel body armour.
Last edited by Vympel on 2003-06-17 01:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

What about La Magra from blade? Both the Deacon Frost version and the 8-story tall bloodtide?
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

consequences wrote:Hmm, the list(or at least excerpts):
A Culture Drone
vader wouldn't have time to fart
The New Agent Smith
what is so good about the new agent smith? he's the same as the old smith,
not even as good as the upgraded agents
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
Omega-13
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Omega-13 »

When the Twins are phased they can't really move fast, you know, I mean when in a speeding car they phase through it and wind up eating the car's dust.....
I wasn't impressed by the Twins at all, their only advantage seemed to be their phasing ability. Besides that, when they were solid, I found them...almost laughable.

The agent was in the back seat trying to Kill Morph which he failed to do, after 5 minutes,
Morph was held off BOTH twins with a sword,

they just weren't very impressive
derek_m_p@hotmail.com

I'm a useless pile of subhuman racist filth who attacked Darth Wong's heritage and accused him of abusing his wife and children!

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 99#1688299
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

The new agent smith because there are a potentially inifinite number of him. One Smith gets force choked, two get slammed together into midair, 5-6 get force shoved off balance and lightsabered.
300 of them overwhelm Vader by force of numbers.

The kid with a rifle needs good aim to target a vulnerable joint in the armor, and isn't a sure bet. But Jedi have been shown to be blindsided before, even without force deadening effects, so the first shot has a decent chance of getting through. A Special Forces Sniper with a .50 cal Barret is much more likely, but you might as well just give him the full machine gun, and let him overload vader with threats, especially combined with the ysalimiri effect.
Enola Straight
Jedi Knight

Post by Enola Straight »

How about Batman?

The Dark Night certainly is an absolute master at hand to hand combat, including just about all forms of martial arts, plus weapons...I'm certain some form of fencing or other swordplay would come in handy if he had access to somebody's lightsaber.

Furthermore, he has displayed a mental and physiological discipline that may very well allow him to flex his neck muscles and survive an attempted force choke...how many of Joker's and Penguin's muscle men have attempted...and succeeded...to strangle Batman, anyway?

Batman would not simply pop into existance into the Empire and appear suddenly before the Sith Lord. He would lay low, aquiring strategic and tactical info, weaponry, etc. in order to prepare for the upcomming battle.

Discovering the metaphysical attributes of Jedi/Sith and the Force, he would draw upon his knowledge of Eastern Mysticism.

Of course, suddenly feeling his air supply cut off, he would bum-rush Vader.
Masochist to Sadist: "Hurt me."
Sadist to Masochist: "No."
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Flexing your neck muscles won't work without superhuman strength, Vader can bring too much pressure to bear, or he could just separate your vertebrae. and with a plan and prep time, Batman can beat just about anybody.
Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot
Jedi Knight

Post by Micheal Ryans, Beta pilot »

Dante from Devil May Cry. According to the cut-scenes, he can be stabbed thorugh the heart and lungs, then push himself up through the sword he's just been impaled on, without any damage.

A Covenant Elite or Hunter would stand a fairly good chance, but the Elite would have to be quick to avoid checking choked before it can unleash some plasma rifle fire. The Hunter of course could just fire at him, or smash him in the head with its arm shield.
Titan Princeps of the Mecha Maniacs: Gloriam Imperator
"StarDestroyer.net: Even our idiots are smarter." - RedImperator
"A Terminator Space Marine. Also known as your worst nightmare." Stormbringer
"Know the ECM. Love the ECM. Cherish the ECM, for it jams thine enemys targeting."- Necronlord
HALOite, Robotech/Macross supporter, 40Ker, and part-time Warsie.
Kon_El
Jedi Knight

Post by Kon_El »

consequences wrote:Flexing your neck muscles won't work without superhuman strength, Vader can bring too much pressure to bear, .
Yeah but he is Batman. He probaly knows some super secret thing that would let him breath out of his belly button or somthing like that.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I wrote:What about La Magra from blade? Both the Deacon Frost version and the 8-story tall bloodtide?
i ask again because i was ignored....
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

consequences wrote:Flexing your neck muscles won't work without superhuman strength, Vader can bring too much pressure to bear, or he could just separate your vertebrae. and with a plan and prep time, Batman can beat just about anybody.
I got to be honest, I am really not sure about the instant force choke that some of the novels indicate is possible.