Buffy TVS Season 4 DVD

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Buffy TVS Season 4 DVD

Post by Tsyroc »

I finished watching the Buffy TVS Season 4 DVD set a couple days ago.

As far as overall arcs go this season wasn't as good as 3 and maybe even 2 but I think the quality of the episodes was higher throughout more of the season than in the earlier ones.

Anyway, the DVD set itself is also an improvement over the previous ones. In general it appears to me that the quality is better. There are plenty of commentaries for a lot more episodes than I would have expected. One of the best being a commentary with Joss Wedon, Seth Green and Marti Noxin was one of the more entertaining ones.

The menus on this set are good looking and don't have a ton of animated crap but unfortunately, at least on my player, you couldn't easily skip from the end of one episode right into the begining of the next one. You ended up getting the DVD credits instead.

One other thing. This season of Buffy really coresponds with season 1 of Angel but the first season of Angel was released awhile ago so for me it was like stuff was a little out of wack.

ImageImage
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

The Season 5 DVD pack is also good, though on 4 I love the season overview on disc 6.

For overall quality of eps, I'd say Season 3 is the best, though they had to spend the first third of the season getting over Season 2.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Gandalf wrote:The Season 5 DVD pack is also good, though on 4 I love the season overview on disc 6.

For overall quality of eps, I'd say Season 3 is the best, though they had to spend the first third of the season getting over Season 2.
Is season 5 even out yet??? I thought season 4 just came out like a week or two ago.....
Anyway I have just gotten seasons 1-3 and will be getting 4 shortly, I have only had time to watch the first 10 eps of season 1. I forgot how much younger they all looked earlier in the series, and I noticed that in acouple of different episodes they gave Buffy's birthdate as being in 1980(I robot, you Jane) and then later in 1981(Nightmares).
FYI I actually share SMG real birthday down to the same year even.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Season 5 and I believe Season 6 are out in Britan. They have yet to be released in the US. Which is rather a good thing, because the US DVD's often have features the british early releases do not, if I recall correctly....
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Majin Gojira, your Faith avatar reminded me of a rather twisted scene from one of the season 4 epidsodes. It actually involves Buffy and Spike but this was when Faith had body swapped with Buffy. Faith (in Buffy's body) runs into Spike at the Bronze and seriously messes with his head in a very graphically sexual maner. :twisted:

It's funny how many things Faith managed to pick up on that everyone else was missing. She realized Spike had a thing for Buffy and she noticed that Willow "wasn't driving stick anymore". :twisted:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Just some of the many reasons I love that character :twisted:
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Tsyroc wrote:It's funny how many things Faith managed to pick up on that everyone else was missing. She realized Spike had a thing for Buffy and she noticed that Willow "wasn't driving stick anymore". :twisted:
Actually that happens alot I would say in the real world. Bring in a new person to your group and they will be able to see things that group members do not see, like crushes or secret relationships etc....
After I returned from the my four years in the Marines and I came to college I discovered several things like that in the group I started hanging with. Just comes from an unbiased viewpoint, you are able to see what is going on and not what was going on. Even when you bring these observations to everyones attention the group denies the possibility because "they would have seen it first".
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

The second image is classic lipstick lesbians bullshit- must be why it was in Xander's fantasy.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/