Hulk movie

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Robert Treder wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:I'm gonna watch it, let's hope it pwns Spiderflop and DeadDevil.
Where do you get off calling Spider-Man "Spiderflop"? It made gazillions of dollars, and kicked ass to boot.
It made money, but it wasn't all that much.....
Joe Momma
Jedi Knight

Post by Joe Momma »

Robert Treder wrote:I just watched it, and one of the helicopters does indeed turn around and move backwards a bit with its nose pointed down the entire time.
The pilot just rerouted power through plasma coils to reverse the polarity of the rotors. What's the problem? :)

-- Joe Momma
It's okay to kiss a nun; just don't get into the habit.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Robert Treder wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:I'm gonna watch it, let's hope it pwns Spiderflop and DeadDevil.
Where do you get off calling Spider-Man "Spiderflop"? It made gazillions of dollars, and kicked ass to boot.
It made money, but it wasn't all that much.....
It pulled in something like 800 million dollars. It had a budget of 139 million dollars. So unless there were a few hundred million dollars in extra costs, it made quite a bit of money.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Joe Momma
Jedi Knight

Post by Joe Momma »

neoolong wrote:It pulled in something like 800 million dollars. It had a budget of 139 million dollars. So unless there were a few hundred million dollars in extra costs, it made quite a bit of money.
The number I hear most often is that a movie has to pull in a box office of about 2.5x its production cost to break even, so that's a profit of about 450 mil. A lot more if the above doesn't include DVD and rental sales, where most of the money in movies is anyway these days.

-- Joe Momma
It's okay to kiss a nun; just don't get into the habit.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Exactly.

And that doesn't include the game, action figures, and other assorted franchise stuff.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

And now we can see why Stan Lee is suing Marvel(they actually didn't pay him anything...even though his contract states that whenever Spidey made a movie...he gets something from it.)

Seriously Marvel claimed they didn't make a fucking dime. :roll:

Also Marvel and Sony are going at it like wild rabid dogs.

As for movies go Spiderman easily rates up with Superman in actually trying to keep accuracy.

Good movie as well.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Yup, 10% I heard. But accountants can make it seem like it didn't make a dime.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

neoolong wrote:Yup, 10% I heard. But accountants can make it seem like it didn't make a dime.
Yeah they tried that...too bad when it actually raked in money and Marvel blabbed about it...didn't go well with Mr Excelsior.

Sadly they are paying for his defense.

For using Stan Lee Presents they are paying him 1 mil a year.

He uses this to sue them for 12 million.

Seriously though nothing compared to the insanity of Marvel vs Sony......amongst other things.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

http://brian.carnell.com/articles/2002/11/000010.html

The original article isn't there anymore or something.

But back on topic, I hope Hulk is good. Ang Lee is a decent director, even though I haven't thought that any of his movies were all that great.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

True, Ang Lee is good...but I only have one problem.

When asked about the Hulk movie...he basically replied he didn't like the character.

Sorta makes it odd they would keep him as director.

Ah well...hope the movie is better then the previews make some parts seem.

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Robert Treder wrote:
Temjin wrote:Was it just me, or was one of the Commanches in the Hulk trailer flying backwards even though it had it's nose pointed down?
I just watched it, and one of the helicopters does indeed turn around and move backwards a bit with its nose pointed down the entire time.
Its possible that it was bleeding momentum by keeping the nose down. If it keep flying backwards with the nose down I might have problems with it.

Lets wait until we see the film eh?
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Ghost Rider wrote:True, Ang Lee is good...but I only have one problem.

When asked about the Hulk movie...he basically replied he didn't like the character.

Sorta makes it odd they would keep him as director.

Ah well...hope the movie is better then the previews make some parts seem.
He didn't like the character? Why the hell was he doing the movie then? And it is odd they kept him as the director.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

It does look like there not going to have enought Hulk in the movie. But I'm just hoping that was novel filler.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
justifier
Rabid Monkey

Post by justifier »

I'm actually a bit worried, the nighttime scenes of the Hulk look really good, but the daytime scenes look like crap. However I'v heard that there is a "Punisher" trailer before the Hulk, so even if the movie sucks, I'll still get something
KILL BILL and The Punisher coming APRIL 16!
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

theheap wrote:He didn't like the character? Why the hell was he doing the movie then? And it is odd they kept him as the director.
According to an article on the movie that I was reading yesterday, Lee loves the Hulk character. He's apparently using some rather experimental storytelling techniques on this film, so it will be interesting to see whether it will work or backfire.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ah well glad somewhere in directing he likes the character.

Literally Comicon .com was all in love with the thought that in an interview with Marvel he went...he disliked the character.

Still my complaints about him disliking weren't even my largest.

Seriously Hulk Dogs rates up there with truly dumb fucking ideas for me. :roll:

Though as a side note I wonder what PAD thinks of it...just for shins and giggles.

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

So are the hulk dogs and his dad just the villians?
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

The Hulk Dogs could work out. In the real Hulk comic it was a while before the Hulk had any villains that could really challange him strengthwise. If I recall correctly.

Watching him destroy tanks for an hour and a half could get real dull.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

theheap wrote:So are the hulk dogs and his dad just the villians?
And the military.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

neoolong wrote:
theheap wrote:So are the hulk dogs and his dad just the villians?
And the military.
The hulk dog plotline doesn't last very long and the military aren't really villains it is mainly just his Dad who himself is more of a cerebral villain and gives a few lines of "I'm disturbed, fear me" type stuff.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Well them trying to stop The Hulk makes the military a "villain."
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer

Post by thecreech »

neoolong wrote:Well them trying to stop The Hulk makes the military a "villain."
This is very true unless the military is working with the hulk to trick his dad and in that instance that would make the military the good guy but by... Just kidding :) The movie should be no where near that complicated
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

neoolong wrote:Well them trying to stop The Hulk makes the military a "villain."
Well it didn't come across like that, probably because old T-Bolt was something other than a military version of J Jonah Jameson.

The military come across as quite nice (for a bunch of people dropping cluster bombs on you) although there are the standard evil defence contractors.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I just mean in terms of Hulk being the "hero." That makes the military the "villain," in technical terms.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

neoolong wrote:I just mean in terms of Hulk being the "hero." That makes the military the "villain," in technical terms.
I suppose if you define anyone who opposes the hulk as a villain then yes they do, but then so does Betty and Banner himself so pretty much the entire film is villains Vs the Hulk, poor guy can't catch a break :) .