Here's a goofy one for ya.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Bump
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

fgalkin wrote:
Zod wrote: Telekinetics are totally worthless, and that's the only true offensive attack they could muster.
In the DBZ wankverse, maybe, but not anywhere else. Although they might be immunde from DBZ-verse telekinesis, they are not immune from the Force tk.

-fgalkin
When Vader gets around to moving pyramids with his TK, or does actually something on the level of someone from DBZ, call us.

Lets see...where to start....

DBZ meet BDZ. Much better really.

Just because they are immune to powers of people who use similar shit doesnt make them blanket immune to the Force....how's about a nice darkside fueled force storm for ruining your little wanking day?
Force storm? That attack that only gave Luke some minor burns? Compared to ki blasts which would with ease take out planets? And that was like back in earily DBZ, saiya jin arc. Something Vader and Palpatine could only do in their wildest dreams? When they approach Solar System destroying level (ala Perfect Cell), then they might pose a threat with the force storm.
And are old enough to use the internet, I might add.
Well seeing how Dragon Ball came out in 1984, I fail to see your point.

Ever wonder what happens if you chain under developed primates to a TV showing bad animation and then let a horde of them loose on a computer.....the above people are a horrifying example....
Yea, people with enough common sense to know that someone that could blow up a solar system would beat someone like Vader is oh so horrifying.
Oh wait, theres nothing terrifying about people using common sense. You must have been talking about yourself, thinking that Vader or Palpatine could even start their attack before being KOed.

What exactly are Vader and Palpatines advantages here? What? They're slower, slower to react, weaker, they can't even hold up a pyramid with TK, have some dingy lightsaber which they'll never connect with, force storms which pales in comparison to any ki blast from last DB to any time in DBZ.... tell me, what advantages can they possibly have?
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Hey, cool.

Can we agree that if somebody starts to turn to insults again, we will just ignore that person?
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

KK wrote:Hey, cool.

Can we agree that if somebody starts to turn to insults again, we will just ignore that person?
It'll just be locked.
JADAFETWA
Strider119
Youngling

Post by Strider119 »

I gotta commend the mods here for taking the falming out and keeping the debate

ive been to other boards where the thread would just be closed or stuff would be deleted

but taking the time to strain out the flames and move then to another thread while keeping the debate is a nice move

and DBZ is still wayyy to powerfull for SW to contend with. they have 2 8-year old fighters doing with a lil' concentration what the Death star can do

the only thing is, they arent succeptable to a well placed torpedo or lando in the falcon

playa hater:
Strider119
Think you can cook? I got a grappling hook
Let's make this quick cuz I'm really booked
I'm a devious degenerate, defender of the devil
Shut down all the trash compactor's on the detention level

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
I bounty hunt for jaba hut
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face
I deliver the prize but I still narrow my eyes
Cuz my time I don't like to waste.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

KK wrote:Hey, cool.

This board has a pretty cool tolerance to flaiming, as long it is done as well as actually debating an arguement, ie, that wouldn't work moron because..... is okay (assuming that the person is just not reading), but you're a dumb fucking cunt!... isn't okay. If you looked at which posts I split, those that were actually debating the thread I left, those that were just going off into tangents and were totally flames I split.

Although there was 9 pages of it, so a few slipped through the cracks I am sure.

Bottom line, debate the argument.
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Thanks Crown ^.^

Anyway, I think the one thing that Vader and Palpatine have that are really keeping them back is that they never faced anyone on the level of someone from DBZ, let alone someone in the late Buu saga.

If Palpatine took down someone that was similar to superman in power with relative ease, then I'd give them a better chance. But they never faced anyone of that stature.
KK
Village Idiot

Post by KK »

Personally I think this would be a better fight with the characters from their first appearances.

Goku, Kuririn, Yamucha, and the others from the very beginning of Dragonball.
Strider119
Youngling

Post by Strider119 »

I agree, Taking a saiyan in the Buu saga is rediculous

DB level guys make for a much more even match with vader and palpetine

welcome to the hotel california:
Strider119

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face
Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

Now you're talkin! Except, goku is still rather the wild card... Back in his earliest days, a farmer shattered an axe head on Goku's skull. He was struck edge-first...
"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

From what I have read in this thead a better debat would be DBZ vs someone from the Marvelverse. I don't know up or down when it comes to DBZ though I admit.
Genfreak
Redshirt

Post by Genfreak »

DB level guys make for a much more even match with vader and palpetine

You mean back when they were only able to destroy the moon and take mountains falling on them and were faster than lightning?

Yeah, I mean really, the Emp and Vader do that kind of stuff all the time.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Chao-zu was able to use Telekenesis on Kuririn early in the series, despite the fact that Kuririn was stronger than he was. This advantage dissapears when he fights Nappa, suggesting based on their power levels, that it won't work on anyone 8 times stronger than he is.

Take 8.827e31 Joules. div 8 makes approximatly 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Joules of Energy. This is the benchmark to defeat pre-SSJ Goku.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

Crown wrote:From what I have read in this thead a better debat would be DBZ vs someone from the Marvelverse. I don't know up or down when it comes to DBZ though I admit.
True enough. The only problem is that most marvelverse characters on the DBZ powerrange can usually manipulate reality as well, and that's usually a trump card.
"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
Strider119
Youngling

Post by Strider119 »

Genfreak wrote:DB level guys make for a much more even match with vader and palpetine

You mean back when they were only able to destroy the moon and take mountains falling on them and were faster than lightning?

Yeah, I mean really, the Emp and Vader do that kind of stuff all the time.
goku in his first appearance wasnt much to scoff at. He was a tough cookie, no doubt. but I think Vader and Palpatine would take him.

After Roshi's training things get hazy

around the second tourney he's above them

3rd tourney he is beyond them

everything after that isnt even worth talking about

guantanamera:
Strider119

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face
Genfreak
Redshirt

Post by Genfreak »

goku in his first appearance wasnt much to scoff at. He was a tough cookie, no doubt. but I think Vader and Palpatine would take him.

Agreed.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

This has probably been discussed already, but I was recommended to repost my post here.

>>>>>

Let's get the thread back on track, shall we?

There's a reason why many say SW will win. That is because, if you remember, Goku went down from a heart diesease and he would've died had it not been for Trunks and his cure. A heart diesease requires forces, pressures, and such that are FAR less than the stuff the DBZ people regularly deal with in fights.

Which means, Vader or Palpatine can simply reach out and mess up the DBZ warriors' hearts. Similarily, they can go after their brains and physically turn them into mush.

Unless you can show us, from DBZ, an example of where a DBZ fighter actively resists a ranged telekinetic that targets an actual part of their body like an internal organ, then it stands that a Force user can kill or at least cripple a DBZ fighter by messing with their internal organs.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Genfreak
Redshirt

Post by Genfreak »

Shinova wrote:There's a reason why many say SW will win. That is because, if you remember, Goku went down from a heart diesease and he would've died had it not been for Trunks and his cure. A heart diesease requires forces, pressures, and such that are FAR less than the stuff the DBZ people regularly deal with in fights.

Which means, Vader or Palpatine can simply reach out and mess up the DBZ warriors' hearts. Similarily, they can go after their brains and physically turn them into mush.

Unless you can show us, from DBZ, an example of where a DBZ fighter actively resists a ranged telekinetic that targets an actual part of their body like an internal organ, then it stands that a Force user can kill or at least cripple a DBZ fighter by messing with their internal organs.
A virus can rewrite cells chemically, altering it in ways beyond simple brite force. It literally turned Goku's own body chemistry against him. It is nothing like TK.

There is already proof their organs are as invulnerable as their bodies. If one was so invulnerable one could take a planet destroying blast everywhere except the internal organs, then when one did take a planet destroying blast, one might externally be okay, but internally, one's organs would have just vaporized from the shockwave. The fact Trunks took a planet destroying blast to his face proves this.

Fixed up some formatting ~ Crown
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Shinova wrote:This has probably been discussed already, but I was recommended to repost my post here.

>>>>>

Let's get the thread back on track, shall we?

There's a reason why many say SW will win. That is because, if you remember, Goku went down from a heart diesease and he would've died had it not been for Trunks and his cure. A heart diesease requires forces, pressures, and such that are FAR less than the stuff the DBZ people regularly deal with in fights.

Which is why we brought up Chouzu. Look in vol 11, chapter 1, page 8 for one example of it. He used it against Kuririn, and against Goku when Goku was facing Tenshinhan.

And even if the force on the internal organs could work, they'd have to do it in less time than it takes for Goku or Gohan to fly over there and hit them. And the chances of that, are close to nil.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

So, has a consensus already been reached?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
T-1000
Padawan Learner

Post by T-1000 »

Crown wrote:From what I have read in this thead a better debat would be DBZ vs someone from the Marvelverse. I don't know up or down when it comes to DBZ though I admit.
DBZ is just so ludicriously powerful that they can top most of the Marvel and DC characters. I will be the first to admit it.

That being said, the Sith are out of their league.

Now maybe if Palpatine were to train Vegeta in the arts of the dark side of the force and pit him up against Goku, then you would most definatly have an interesting fight. :D
Look not to the hands of God for the keys to your salvation, but to your own hands. And if they are not there, search your pockets, or the kitchen table. Think. Where did you leave them last?
T-1000
Padawan Learner

Post by T-1000 »

Genfreak wrote:goku in his first appearance wasnt much to scoff at. He was a tough cookie, no doubt. but I think Vader and Palpatine would take him.

Agreed.
That depends. If he got some private lessons from Yoda before the match, well....... hehehehehehe. :twisted:
Look not to the hands of God for the keys to your salvation, but to your own hands. And if they are not there, search your pockets, or the kitchen table. Think. Where did you leave them last?
ShinjiGohan
Padawan Learner

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Shinova wrote:So, has a consensus already been reached?

Well the people supporting the sith haven't replied yet, so we can't say if they concede or not.
Strider119
Youngling

Post by Strider119 »

T-1000 wrote:Now maybe if Palpatine were to train Vegeta in the arts of the dark side of the force and pit him up against Goku, then you would most definatly have an interesting fight. :D

Yeah, but he would have to pump his ass full of metachloreans as well before he taught him

goddam metachloreans!!! they ruin everything!!

seven nation army:
Strider119

My backpack's got jets
I'm boba the fett
To finance my vette
I chill in deep space
A mask is over my face
JodoForce
Village Idiot

Post by JodoForce »

I'm truly disappointed with the stupid SW wanking the other regulars here had shown. :roll:

Force TK their brains out? Why didn't the DBZ guy who could lift a pyramid with TK try that? :roll:
Busily picking nuggets out of my well-greased ass.