The Owl House Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

The Owl House Thread

Post by Darth Yan »

Since there doesn't seem to be a thread for this show I decided to make one. It aired the first of the three finale specials today (Disney cut down the third season to three specials Spoiler
likely because the main villain is a puritan christian who wants to commit genocide, alongside the very blatant LGBT representation.
AppleMan1
Redshirt

Re: The Owl House Thread

Post by AppleMan1 »

Ah yes. One of my favorite shows.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Darth Yan wrote: 2022-10-16 02:21am Since there doesn't seem to be a thread for this show I decided to make one. It aired the first of the three finale specials today (Disney cut down the third season to three specials Spoiler
likely because the main villain is a puritan christian who wants to commit genocide, alongside the very blatant LGBT representation.
What was the problem there?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Raw Shark wrote: 2023-02-12 11:34am
Basically the villain is revealed to be a puritan witch hunter from the 1600s, and his plan is to kill all the magical creatures in the boiling isles. And also a MONSTROUS sociopath who made the place worse.

The worst thing about him is that when his brother realized that witch hunting was wrong the villain murdered him, cloned him in order to get a "perfect" copy, murdered the clone when the clone turned on him, and then repeated the process ad infinitum for CENTURIES.

It's also VERY LGBT friendly, with an on screen lesbian kiss.

Methinks the more conservative Disney board members were somewhat offended, or those who don't want to loose evangelical christians as fans.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Darth Yan wrote: 2023-02-12 11:38pmThe worst thing about him is that when his brother realized that witch hunting was wrong the villain murdered him, cloned him in order to get a "perfect" copy, murdered the clone when the clone turned on him, and then repeated the process ad infinitum for CENTURIES.
Well. That escalated quickly.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Finally finished it. I consider it pretty well interlinked with Gravity Falls and Amphibia thematically. I wish its ending wasn't truncated, but they worked well with what time they had.

Still, of the three, I think it's the least of them.

Still a very solid show. Took a while to click. By the time I got to "The Grom", I was like "Okay, there's something to this."
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran