She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (spoilers)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (spoilers)

Post by LadyTevar »

Lord Revan wrote: 2022-08-26 04:43pm
Broomstick wrote: 2022-08-26 03:02pm Almost as entertaining as the show itself (which I am thoroughly enjoying) is watching the dude-bros/incels losing their shit over a show they don't like being popular and well-received.
Even though I don't watch those vids some of the titles of the vids Youtube likes shove to me are hilarious by themselves already, you have to wonder who fragile ones ego must be if the idea that there's a popular series that has lead that isn't like them causes this much rage for them.
Because recent political agendas have emboldened them, so they feel they can crawl out from under their rocks and parent's basements and spew the shit they couldn't say before?

Because the internet has made "being incel" a THING, and they're basking in the attention, no matter how negative because at least it's ATTENTION, given to THEM.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-08-27 12:38pm Because the internet has made "being incel" a THING, and they're basking in the attention, no matter how negative because at least it's ATTENTION, given to THEM.
That whole line reminds me of Sir Terry's Making Money and the behavior of one Pucci Lavish. :lol:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Episode 3 was a pretty fun episode. Started strong but maybe a slightly cheap ending for Blonky, I wonder if he’s coming back.

I really dug the humour in this episode, the fourth wall break in the car and Wong’s first chat with Jen especially. Wong seems especially out of touch with society and the law here, I wonder if that’s because he’s out o his element or whether he’s doing a bit of obfuscating stupidity to cover for Blonksy.

The sudden introduction of inhibitors is a bit odd especially with episode 1 specifically saying Bruce’s was custom design that would only work for him.

The elf/male douche DA plotline was fine and I do like a lot of the jabs at other bits of the MCU. The social media stuff with Jen and baseless rumours going out of control was also very apt and real.

And then the lead in for next time is wrecking crew. Eh, I assume they are supposed to be unimpressive at this point.

Really though I want more Jameela Jamil and Titania.

Oh and I had now idea Megan Thee Stallion was a real person and not a parody until her name was in the end credits.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

We see Wanda wearing something that looks suspiciously like an inhibitor collar in the breakout sequence at the end of 'Civil War' , so it not like they're new. In larger Marvel they've been around since freaking forever.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I might actually have to listen to Megan Thee Station now. That credit song was catchy, and the one after the Stinger was wicked as well.

But OMG, the Social Media about She-Hulk. I swear they took Every Single BIT of it from all the Incel Whiny Butt-hurt Male BS that was posted on the Internet from the time Captain Marvel was announced and used it!

"Did you steal that stuff from a New Asgardian Construction Worker?" Uhh.. Yes. They did. They're a little pitiful right now too. But who is their Boss and why does he want She-Hulk DNA (blood/skin/whatever).

And I wonder if Blonsky is living high with his 7 maidens now.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-09-01 10:54pm But OMG, the Social Media about She-Hulk. I swear they took Every Single BIT of it from all the Incel Whiny Butt-hurt Male BS that was posted on the Internet from the time Captain Marvel was announced and used it!
Yes, apparently those posts were actual quotes from social media
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Broomstick wrote: 2022-09-03 06:32am
LadyTevar wrote: 2022-09-01 10:54pm But OMG, the Social Media about She-Hulk. I swear they took Every Single BIT of it from all the Incel Whiny Butt-hurt Male BS that was posted on the Internet from the time Captain Marvel was announced and used it!
Yes, apparently those posts were actual quotes from social media
I figured.
Wonder how long before one of the a-holes quoted throws a hissy over his words being used like that?

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Batman wrote: 2022-09-01 06:10pm We see Wanda wearing something that looks suspiciously like an inhibitor collar in the breakout sequence at the end of 'Civil War' , so it not like they're new. In larger Marvel they've been around since freaking forever.
That's an assumption that Wanda's collar was a power inhibitor.

And like I said if they are possible and common, that contradicts the pilot episode where Bruce's inhibitor device was custom and couldn't be replicated for Jen. The show can't have it both ways.

And if they are common why is it a brain wave from Jen that suggests it's use and not standard practise?
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I didn't 'assume' it was an inhibitor, I said it 'looked like one'. And the show can have it any way they want. Bruce not being able to replicate a device HE cobbled together meant to deal with his specific condition does not mean that somebody with the resources of SHIELD or the US government couldn't come up with something that works for most of the OTHER superpowered yahoos.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Yes because in the MCU the government has always had better tech than Tony Stark and Bruce Banner obviously.

And if it's something the government just has access to as standard issue they can use, then why does it take Jen to suggest using it?
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

I just assumed that meant she'd run it past Bruce and his inhibitor should also work on Abomination since the two are so similar. If inhibitors are as normal as is implied, that should have come up before.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Bruce and Emil are a lot less similar than Bruce and Jen. Especially given Emil is a combination of hulkiness and knock off super soldier serum.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Or maybe someone was able to custom-make an inhibitor for Blonsky.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Broomstick wrote: 2022-09-04 01:37am Or maybe someone was able to custom-make an inhibitor for Blonsky.
He's been in jail for a long time. Why couldnt' there have already BEEN a inhibitor made for Blonsky, for in case he got free and went on a rampage and needed to be beat down and returned to jail.

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Well, it's becau-- OH, LOOK, OVER THERE - IS THAT THOR?

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

...because why wouldn't they already be using it/ wouldn't it already be a requirement for his parole?
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Maybe they have to be custom-made for each person and tuned to their abilities? That might take time and only be practical for certain people who either lack control or can't be trusted with their abilities.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Broomstick wrote: 2022-09-05 04:55pm Maybe they have to be custom-made for each person and tuned to their abilities? That might take time and only be practical for certain people who either lack control or can't be trusted with their abilities.
That would make the most sense, as opposed to being some some of universal off switch for people's comic book differences.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Gandalf wrote: 2022-09-05 11:01pm
Broomstick wrote: 2022-09-05 04:55pm Maybe they have to be custom-made for each person and tuned to their abilities? That might take time and only be practical for certain people who either lack control or can't be trusted with their abilities.
That would make the most sense, as opposed to being some some of universal off switch for people's comic book differences.
Unless everyone's powers use the same underlying power source, and it disrupts the connection (like Sorcerers all using dimensional energy). However, the odds of that being the case are extremely low.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

I'm not sold on the fourth wall breaking to be honest but apart from that I'm enjoying the series, it's good to finally reveal the fate of Abomination. Last time he was mentioned was in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. where he was in a cryo cell. They mentioned that it was the dodgy super soldier serum mixing with Hulk blood that led to his rampage, though as a unique case it cannot be proven definitively and has to be taken at face value.

And a solid connection with Ten Rings having him participate in the fight club. It wasn't revealed how Wong contacted him though, like did he write to him beforehand or did he just abduct him from his cell out of the blue?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Possible - Abomination was given early parole after the Snap. Probably due to him using up resources that could have been better used elsewhere, and possibly completing other conditions.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-09-04 08:02pm
Broomstick wrote: 2022-09-04 01:37am Or maybe someone was able to custom-make an inhibitor for Blonsky.
He's been in jail for a long time. Why couldnt' there have already BEEN a inhibitor made for Blonsky, for in case he got free and went on a rampage and needed to be beat down and returned to jail.
Do we know definitively that Professor!Hulk isn't as powerful as Hulk was (disregarding Blonsky writing him a nice letter)? If he isn't, then the only things that could reliably stop him are either the Hulkbuster armour or Thor if he isn't off world.

Well you only have to look as far as Deadpool 2 to find bona-fide power inhibitors in the present day. The Kree have them too, though like with Hulk the device they used on Carol Danvers was custom made. I'm wondering what the in-universe explanation was for why Abomination wasn't housed in the Raft, it seems like that prison would have been the logical place to house him.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-09-01 10:54pm I might actually have to listen to Megan Thee Station now. That credit song was catchy, and the one after the Stinger was wicked as well.

But OMG, the Social Media about She-Hulk. I swear they took Every Single BIT of it from all the Incel Whiny Butt-hurt Male BS that was posted on the Internet from the time Captain Marvel was announced and used it!

"Did you steal that stuff from a New Asgardian Construction Worker?" Uhh.. Yes. They did. They're a little pitiful right now too. But who is their Boss and why does he want She-Hulk DNA (blood/skin/whatever).

And I wonder if Blonsky is living high with his 7 maidens now.
In that regard they're similar to Vulture's crew as criminals making use of stolen alien tech/gear.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Episode 4 is another one that felt like it was only just getting going by the time of the end. With the problem of the demons and resolution all being one quick thing.

Jen's dad is a sweetie. The bad dates were appropriately funny. Bummer that the one decent guy isn't into Jen not as she-hulk.

Jen could have made more a deal out of the difference of sleight-of-hand and actual magic. I don't buy the Judge was taken by Donny Blaze. And they could easily allowed him to practise illusion and not use the slingie for example.

More Titania next week though looking forward to that
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2022-09-08 01:06pm Episode 4 is another one that felt like it was only just getting going by the time of the end. With the problem of the demons and resolution all being one quick thing.
Yeah, I keep wanting more with these.
Crazedwraith wrote: 2022-09-08 01:06pmJen's dad is a sweetie. The bad dates were appropriately funny. Bummer that the one decent guy isn't into Jen not as she-hulk.
Yeah, he turned out to be a bit of an asshole - I mean, sure, if it's the She-Hulk he's into that's fine I suppose, but assuming he has some smarts (and he seemed to) he should have been able to figure out that the lady in the kitchen was the non-She-Hulk form of his date and he could have been more polite to her. After all she's the same person.

But also realistic in that people who seem to be decent can also be shallow, too.
Crazedwraith wrote: 2022-09-08 01:06pmJen could have made more a deal out of the difference of sleight-of-hand and actual magic. I don't buy the Judge was taken by Donny Blaze. And they could easily allowed him to practise illusion and not use the slingie for example.
Think perhaps the best course would be for Kama-Taj to trademark/patent/whatever the slingies so he can't use that to open portals. There is the problem that US law (and probably most law) doesn't cover use of magic.