The Suicide Squad

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

wautd
Emperor's Hand

The Suicide Squad

Post by wautd »

Went to see it the other day and boy was this movie fun. While I do enjoy my Marvel MCU movies, their typical recipe were getting a bit stale. This movie felt as refreshing as when Guardians of the Galaxy came out.

I understand that The Suicide Squad is doing pretty poor at the box office which is a damn shame.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: The Suicide Squad

Post by Solauren »

Saw it, and enjoyed it.

It was considerably better then the original Suicide Squad movie.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Loved this film. Do kind of wish it took place on Santa Prisca instead of Corto Maltese, so it could have Bane, and more closely resemble that season 1 episode of Young Justice.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Really enjoyed how it played out. Some great gags, characters, and sequences. Very entertaining.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2021-08-15 09:29pm Loved this film. Do kind of wish it took place on Santa Prisca instead of Corto Maltese, so it could have Bane, and more closely resemble that season 1 episode of Young Justice.
Idea for the next one! (Cause you know Harley Quinn is going to do something to land her back in jail....)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I've watched it about 5 times on HBO Max. I like it more the more often I see it.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

1. Loved it. It's just fun, great characters, music, comedy (I LOLd a few times).
2. Go watch Peacemaker.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Peacemaker is pretty fun as well. I'm kind of addicted to the theme song by Wig Wam. I thought it was an 80s hair metal song but apparently the band is Norwegian and the song came out in 2010 (according to the video on YouTube).

Do You Want to Taste it? (original)

The original video is entertaining but the opening for Peacemaker that uses this song for a dance number is awesome, especially when you become familiar with the show. :D
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

I might have to rewatch this as I thought it was actually going to be a lot better than it was, being directed by the same guy who did GOTG and all, I was disappointed.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2022-03-20 10:47pm I might have to rewatch this as I thought it was actually going to be a lot better than it was, being directed by the same guy who did GOTG and all, I was disappointed.
I think both The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker need to grow on you a bit to be fully entertaining. I'd say that both were mostly in the okay realm the first time around. TSS is still the better of the two and I'm not sure if the cheesiness of Peacemaker doesn't detract from TSS a bit because it's the same universe.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.