LOKI (Spoilers Possible!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: LOKI (Spoilers Possible!)

Post by LadyTevar »

Congrats folks!

LADY LOKI CONFIRMED. Unless she's the Enchantress, as she was definitely taking over people's minds/bodies.

Also, something that might be a EasterEgg or might be important -- Franklin and Roosevelt High School embossed on a pin. Somethings I think need a re-look, the Trophy Case in the judge's room.

But, I have to run to work, so more questions and details later.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Coop D'etat
Jedi Knight

Post by Coop D'etat »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-06-12 10:37pm Maybe they'll answer the question of Real Shapeshift or Illusion Magic in the show?
I didn't think they would but they did.

Can shapeshift and illussion, and apparently there is an important difference between illusions and projecting an image of yourself in Loki's view of things.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Her being blonde is definitely a twist. In the comics, Lady Loki was still brunette. So that's interesting.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Well I'm glad they didn't draw out the reveal any longer.

I guess the bombing of the sacred timeline is going to create the multiverse or something?

I'm assuming the time creator just aren't real as well. Just a guess.

Episode 2 has significantly less Pillboi. So it's much worse in that regard.

I am impressed Tara Strong is getting a prestigious 'and as' credit though for a minor voice role. Voice actors rarely get that kind of credit.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2021-06-16 03:41pm I am impressed Tara Strong is getting a prestigious 'and as' credit though for a minor voice role. Voice actors rarely get that kind of credit.
Loki trying to swat her was highly amusing!

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

So Loki's sexuality is confirmed as a 'a little bit of both' lover wise. Kudos for them for saying it outright in dialogue and not leaving it as a freeze frame bonus.

The one timeline thing is pretty much bunk as far as I can tell as Loki and Sylvie's histories are entirely different. Unless she's not actually a Loki. Then again she says she's been running from the TVA her whole life. So a variant that varied super early in loki's time line? Still with the whole Multiverse being an explicit thing an a movie title I don't get how it works.

Like TFaWS not a big fan of Making the main character just so incompetent.

I wonder how they'll got off the planet? One thing I'd try in their place is just calling out to see if there's a Heimdall equivalent in this timeframe listening out and willing to bifrost them to safety.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2021-06-23 04:13pm I wonder how they'll got off the planet? One thing I'd try in their place is just calling out to see if there's a Heimdall equivalent in this timeframe listening out and willing to bifrost them to safety.
The Bifrost Bridge was destroyed in Ragnarock, and Heimdall killed in Endgame pt One. That part of the timeline seems steady -- unless the bombing threw off a timeline that saved Asgard.

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Perhaps the whole scenario is Sylvie in a dream induced by Loki? It sounds a bit cheap but Loki did ask the process in this episode.

A complex method would be to get something to survive the destruction of the planet, sufficient enough to cause a branch in time and get the TVA's notice, in which they will send in a team.

Loki was able to block a falling building, perhaps he could hurl whatever's left of the rocket to a safe place, thus resulting in lots of people surviving the event, and a massive change in the timeline?
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-06-23 10:19pm
Crazedwraith wrote: 2021-06-23 04:13pm I wonder how they'll got off the planet? One thing I'd try in their place is just calling out to see if there's a Heimdall equivalent in this timeframe listening out and willing to bifrost them to safety.
The Bifrost Bridge was destroyed in Ragnarock, and Heimdall killed in Endgame pt One. That part of the timeline seems steady -- unless the bombing threw off a timeline that saved Asgard.

That's why I said "Heimdall equivalent" not heimdall. It's 50 years post Endgame what might New Asgard have set up? I doubt they want to lock anything in for future movies though.

Something TVA/Mobius related is much more likely though.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Oh, the TVA will find them, it's the most obvious route out.

What I'm interested in is the fact that ALL AGENTS ARE VARIANTS, and don't seem to realize it.
That would explain why Mobius has the magazines on JetSkies, his original either owned one, wanted one, or (possibly) died on one. Hell, for all we know he INVENTED the damned things.

FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2021-06-23 04:13pmThe one timeline thing is pretty much bunk as far as I can tell as Loki and Sylvie's histories are entirely different. Unless she's not actually a Loki. Then again she says she's been running from the TVA her whole life. So a variant that varied super early in loki's time line? Still with the whole Multiverse being an explicit thing an a movie title I don't get how it works.
I don’t think the sacred timeline is actually a single timeline. I think it’s many timelines with variations that the TVA is fine with so long as they follow the basic script. When they deviate, that’s when the TVA resets the timeline and destroys the nexus variant. That’s why all the variants can be so variably. There were Loki’s with horns and shit, and that doesn’t make sense unless there are many timelines which inherently vary in ways the TVA doesn’t care about.
Like TFaWS not a big fan of Making the main character just so incompetent.
I think he’s enchanting her with a fantasy from her memories. I’m not sure exactly when it started, but she told him how it works. My bet is he already knew, and her telling him was actually to clue us in. It could be the other way around, but she remembers hell planet and he doesn’t.
wonder how they'll got off the planet?
I think either they’re not there, or they are but the Tempad works just fine and he is pumping her for information.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2021-06-23 04:13pm The one timeline thing is pretty much bunk as far as I can tell as Loki and Sylvie's histories are entirely different. Unless she's not actually a Loki. Then again she says she's been running from the TVA her whole life. So a variant that varied super early in loki's time line? Still with the whole Multiverse being an explicit thing an a movie title I don't get how it works.
Before the latest episode aired, I saw some people speculating that this series is going to end with timelines branching from a single timeline into a multiverse.

Now that we know the TVA agents are variants, the obvious question is: What other lies have they been fed ?
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Does anyone think it is possible that Mobius is going to turn out to be a Howard Stark variant?

All the rest? Too long.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

FireNexus wrote: 2021-06-29 01:03pm Does anyone think it is possible that Mobius is going to turn out to be a Howard Stark variant?
:shock: :wtf:

and yet.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-06-29 02:19pm
FireNexus wrote: 2021-06-29 01:03pm Does anyone think it is possible that Mobius is going to turn out to be a Howard Stark variant?
:shock: :wtf:

and yet.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This.

He does sort of resemble a young old howard stark but doesn't much resemble the canon young stark dominic cooper.

But i don't get what the point would be beyond fanservice.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Yeah, I don’t think it will actually happen, but as soon as I realized he had a similar look, I couldn’t under it.

All the rest? Too long.
Coop D'etat
Jedi Knight

Post by Coop D'etat »

FireNexus wrote: 2021-06-29 09:25pm Yeah, I don’t think it will actually happen, but as soon as I realized he had a similar look, I couldn’t under it.
When I saw the first trailers I thought that was John Slattery and not Owen Wilson
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Well. This episode really went sideways.

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Well i was beginning to think pruning wasn't death when Mobius went but that after credits scene.... w t f.

I did like seing Sif again even in so small a role.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2021-06-30 03:44pm Well i was beginning to think pruning wasn't death when Mobius went but that after credits scene.... w t f.

Sif was fun. And I loved the callback to Norse mythos, where Loki cut Sif's hair and later being forced to obtain a wig for her.

When Mobius was 'pruned', I was in shock. Now, seeing that 'Pruning' just sends them Somewhere Else, the plot thickens.

We see Renslayer was the Minuteman/Hunter who snagged Sylvie as a child. We also know she's seemingly the Only One able to speak with the TimeKeepers... who aren't what they were cracked up to be. Maybe those Nerdist theories about her and/or Kang are more true than we realize.

We're also starting to see why they're going after Loki Variants, if TWO of them in a bonding moment can create such a powerful Nexus. Imagine what 5 of them can do (because the Alligator had a Loki Helm!). Hell... if they 'pruned' all the other Loki -- how many Variants are in that place?

FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

They’re collecting all the most chaotic variants in one place. That’s why there were so many Loki’s there. It’s to fuck the timeline, or at least give someone the ability to do so.

All the rest? Too long.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Also, this episode apparently confirmed my theory that the “Sacred Timeline” is a bunch of timelines that they have been keeping from deviating too hard.

Although, given that the “pruning” isn’t what they said, I’m open to “the sacred timeline” being essentially a total load of horseshit and them just grabbing the most nexus-y nexus beings in every timeline.

All the rest? Too long.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

FireNexus wrote: 2021-07-01 12:54pm Also, this episode apparently confirmed my theory that the “Sacred Timeline” is a bunch of timelines that they have been keeping from deviating too hard.
That's a good theory.
Still doesn't explain why Renslayer went after Sylvie as a child. Doesn't look like there WAS a Nexus Incident, just going in and kidnapping a young girl.

Hopefully the last episode will provide more answers than questions.

EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-06-30 10:19pm
Crazedwraith wrote: 2021-06-30 03:44pm Well i was beginning to think pruning wasn't death when Mobius went but that after credits scene.... w t f.

Sif was fun. And I loved the callback to Norse mythos, where Loki cut Sif's hair and later being forced to obtain a wig for her.

When Mobius was 'pruned', I was in shock. Now, seeing that 'Pruning' just sends them Somewhere Else, the plot thickens.

We see Renslayer was the Minuteman/Hunter who snagged Sylvie as a child. We also know she's seemingly the Only One able to speak with the TimeKeepers... who aren't what they were cracked up to be. Maybe those Nerdist theories about her and/or Kang are more true than we realize.

We're also starting to see why they're going after Loki Variants, if TWO of them in a bonding moment can create such a powerful Nexus. Imagine what 5 of them can do (because the Alligator had a Loki Helm!). Hell... if they 'pruned' all the other Loki -- how many Variants are in that place?
Really it's sacrilegious to to cut hair as beautiful as hers, after her conspicuous absence from Ragnarok it's nice to see her again. After who knows how many loops, Loki's nuts would have been crushed into small diamonds by now :lol: If 'pruning' actually teleports people somewhere, then that means that everyone seemingly disintegrated by those sticks will have ended up there, including those unfortunate TVA agents during various skirmishes.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

So very nice episode but not the wtf quotient and impact of last week. Still I figure I can’t have noticed even a small fraction of the references there only the obvious stuff like the Thanos Copter and the Thor Frog in a jar.

Nice character work I thought and a good example of how self-destructive an unenlightened loki is. They pulled a fast one by putting the President Loki in the trailer, the only one also played by Hiddleston.

The shot of everyone’s blue eyes made me wonder if Mobius is another loki variant, it would explain why he was so willing to give loki a chance.

Every time I see ‘and Tara Strong as Miss Minute’ I suspect there’s much more to her than meets the eye but with one episode left it seems unlikely to come to anything.

Still, pretty good and I still have no idea where it’s ending up.