WANDAVISION (SPOILERS, SWEETIE!)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Re: WANDAVISION (SPOILERS, SWEETIE!)

Post by Gandalf »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2021-02-14 12:04pm the episode is set in the 1990's , derp..
ever episode has leapt forward by 10 years or so
50s, 60s, 70's
No, the episodes are after the events of Endgame.

Wanda's torture fields change their setting periodically, but it's always 2025 or so outside.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Prediction: it's going to be shown that someone is manipulating Wanda for their own ends (and in the process, set up Multiverse of Madness)

Motivation for that Manipulation: It's an attempt to manipulate history/the universe due to the side effects of Infinity War/Endgame.

Consider: In addition to wiping out half of all life in the universe, the 'Snap' would have either wiped out half the psychic and magical energy in the universe, or effectively 'released it', where it would have defused into reality. When the 'Counter-Snap' occurred, the generators of that energy reappeared. The total energy in the universe JUMPED by 50% or more.

Plus, you also have the side effects of the initial destruction of the Infinity Stones. And the fact from the Stones point of view, the 'counter-snap' occurred before the 'Snap'.

So, Technically, we're also dealing with at least one, if not multiple, temporal paradox's. i.e did the Stones 'known' who to wipe out, because those are the people they restored?

That's going to do damage to reality.

Someone is using Wanda and her reality warping powers to manipulate that damage. Either repairing it back to it's original state, or using the damage to make changes in their favor. A side effect of doing that, is Wanda is lashing out, in the form of her grief (possibly under guidance from whatever is using her), to try to get what she wants.

It's also possible that this is an attempt to pull in other damaged realities, in order to make a new 'whole' reality. (Yes, very DC Arrowverse Crisis)

Those damage realities could very well be
The X-men movies (Original trilogy) - Damaged by the Phoenix force being born within a mortal, going nuts, and then being killed by Wolverine.

X-Men First Class/Wolverine/Days of Future's Past - Damaged by Multiple instances of time travel, that were later were wiped out by more time travel (possibly combined with interaction from the Phoenix force)

The Deadpool movies - Damaged by Deadpool with a time machine. Already weak due to Deadpools damage to the fourth wall.

Possible a Fantasic Four timeline - I have no idea how you'd pull in the Dualogy that included Jessica Alba, and I haven't seen the newest incarnation.

(Which just happen to be the Marvel I/Ps that Disney now has regained control over).

Anyway.... I think it will be revealed to be someone like Mephisto, or even Adam Warlock (the later is unlikely), setting up Multiverse of Madness, which will introduce retroactively tweak the timeline in places/result in people escaping the Soul Stone/resurrections from the dead.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I hope it's not a "lol manipulation" reveal. That would cheapen pretty much the entire plot so far.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I'm with Gandalf. The 'built a reality where Vision is still alive out of grief' is a touching and believable plot.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but it concerns fitting mutants into the history of the MCU...

Spoiler
How perfect would it be if post-Endgame Steve Rogers meets Professor X during his life spent with Peggy and they have adventures together? Professor X could then memory-wipe everyone who encountered Cap in order to preserve the timeline.

It would also give Professor X knowledge of the future, which may be why he keeps the X-Men sidelined during the MCU's major events. Anything that takes place AFTER Endgame would then be unknown to him, so he may unleash the X-Men to help out during the next major crisis.

I know it's just spitballing, but I see a lot of opportunities to interweave mutants into MCU history without necessarily having them cross over with any pre-Endgame Avengers. What if Cap liberated the Nazi death camp where young Magneto was imprisoned? Maybe Magneto doesn't even become a villain because of Cap's influence.

Heh, maybe Magneto is the one who fixed Cap's shield.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ok... Something I'd seen but hadn't registered until the middle of last night. Hayward (Director Asshole) found a way to track Vision by his Vibranium Decay Emissions.

Starting about 24:50, Darcy finds the folder marked "Cataract Weapons", and calls Hayward a 'sneaky bastard'. It then switches to the central C&C setup showing Vision approaching the Hex Border -- AND A SECOND VIBRANIUM SIGNATURE INSIDE ONE OF THE LARGER TENTS, before Hayward says "Lets go". Back to Darcy, and again there's TWO VIBRANIUM SIGNATURES, one Vision at the border, the other inside a larger tent.

What (or who) is the second Signature?
1. Ultron also made himself Vibranium bodies, and there were several bits left over after the battle of Sokovia.
2. Did Wanda not get ALL of Vision's body?
3. "Project Cataract Weapons System".

If it was a weapon system, it's now part of a circus.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Makes sense that they would have super weapons at the ready, given that someone just mind raped a whole town.

- George Carlin
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Batman wrote: 2021-02-14 06:49pm I'm with Gandalf. The 'built a reality where Vision is still alive out of grief' is a touching and believable plot.
Haven't started watching the show yet, but is there any reason it couldn't be both? i.e., she's using her powers to create a fantasy world out of grief, and other parties are trying to manipulate the form that takes for their own purposes?
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Ralin wrote: 2021-02-14 08:38pm
Batman wrote: 2021-02-14 06:49pm I'm with Gandalf. The 'built a reality where Vision is still alive out of grief' is a touching and believable plot.
Haven't started watching the show yet, but is there any reason it couldn't be both? i.e., she's using her powers to create a fantasy world out of grief, and other parties are trying to manipulate the form that takes for their own purposes?
Of course it can be both, but I think that would ruin the narrative which so far seems to be' Wanda created a reality were Vision is still alive and Westville is where she decided to park it'. Outside influence is certainly 'possible' but I think it would detract from the 'woman with reality altering powers alters reality to get her dead android husband back' narrative
Yeah, I probably overused narrative. Sue me
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Her powers may be weakening the fabric of reality though, especially after expanding the hex. That may be opening the door for some very nasty entities to come through.

Which may necessitate intervention by Dr. Strange.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

I really hope that this storyline doesn't end in a cliffhanger. "Wanda Maximoff creates a new reality in which Vision is alive and her brother looks the same as "he" does in a certain alternate universe" had better be resolved at the end of this tv series, and not in a future movie. Consequences, spinoffs, etc are fine, but that core storyline needs to be resolved satisfactorily now, not later.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

I’m not sure anymore if Pietro is actually Fox!Quicksilver, but I think it would be a huge mistake for him to be wearing that face without it because directly connected to it being Fox!Quicksilver’s face in the narrative. I do think, who or whatever Pietro is, he is from the multiverse and got in due to Wanda’s activities.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

For whatever it's worth, the "English [Audio Description]" track on Disney+ actually referred to him as "the version of Pietro from the X-Men films" when he first appeared at Wanda's front door.

Take that as you will.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Is no one going to talk about the TWO VIBRANIUM SIGNATURES?!

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-15 08:01pm Is no one going to talk about the TWO VIBRANIUM SIGNATURES?!
I didn’t notice it...

All the rest? Too long.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

FireNexus wrote: 2021-02-15 08:12pm
LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-15 08:01pm Is no one going to talk about the TWO VIBRANIUM SIGNATURES?!
I didn’t notice it...
yup there are indeed, one moving...Vision..
one NOT moving and inside the SWORD compound...
if i had to guess, it is either "left over parts" of vision... orr........
It is a spare 'Ultron' body that was made that they brought along and will most likely end with vision being "reborn" inside.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

There's always a remote chance that Falcon is there with Cap's shield.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Or someone from Wakanda.

Maybe Shuri is there to reminisce about a time before vaccines?

- George Carlin
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Hmmm... all valid possibilities..
although this is what needs to be considered.
Whoever or WHATEVER the second signature is... it was absorbed along side the rest of SWORDS facility.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

What do people think the deal is with Wanda's children?

Do you think they are hallucinatory constructs?
Someone else's kids?
Real offspring accelerated by magic?
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Crossroads Inc. wrote: 2021-02-15 10:04pm Hmmm... all valid possibilities..
although this is what needs to be considered.
Whoever or WHATEVER the second signature is... it was absorbed along side the rest of SWORDS facility.
Yep, just like Darcy, who's been seen looking very Computer IT in the last advert.
At least the next shows are going to be one hour, so we may get more answers.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

GuppyShark wrote: 2021-02-16 12:58am What do people think the deal is with Wanda's children?

Do you think they are hallucinatory constructs?
Someone else's kids?
Real offspring accelerated by magic?
Well... that's the question isn't it.
In the comics, they were FIRST seen, it was revealed they were literally the Demonspawn Pietro called them - parts of Mephisto's soul/energy. He reabsorbed them and they were 'dead'. However, recently, they've been seen as "Wiccan" (billy) and "Speed" (tommy) as part of the Young Avengers. No clue how they came back to life.

So, in the Halloween ep, we saw Billy in his "Wiccan" outfit, which has ALSO been the colors he's been wearing, like Tommy's been wearing the colors for Speed's costume. We see they inherited the Twin's powers, just like the comics.

What NO ONE KNOWS, is if this is going to be the Mephisto storyline, or if they're going to to try for "Young Avengers". Many folks have bets it's going to be "Young Avengers" with Tony's daughter and other young heroes, which has gained weight with the rumors of "Devil Dinosaur and Moon Girl" live-action.

So.. TL:DR -- Jury's still out on Real or Hallucinatory. Definitely not someone else's.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

LadyTevar wrote: 2021-02-16 02:05pmSo.. TL:DR -- Jury's still out on Real or Hallucinatory. Definitely not someone else's.
That would probably be the most interesting result.

But like the fairly horrifying implications of this meat puppet reality, I don't think they'll really go there.

- George Carlin
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

What if the second vibranium signature is a piece of Vision that Wanda missed?

All the rest? Too long.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

FireNexus wrote: 2021-02-16 10:15pm What if the second vibranium signature is a piece of Vision that Wanda missed?
From the signature 'blip', it was BIG. Human sized at least.