Tech Villians Go Legit (Comic RAR)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Tech Villians Go Legit (Comic RAR)

Post by Solauren »

One day, some super-villain (even if a 'B-lister') is asked a question by a non-name crook in a bar.

"Dude, you've got awesome tech. Why haven't you patented it, and sold it on the open market? You're make more then you would with crime, and you wouldn't have to put up with capes getting in your business."

The villain, instead of blasting the poor smuck, actually thinks about it for a minute, and goes 'You know what, you're absolutely fucking right! I've got some calls to make...."

Over the next few months, Super-villain crime by non-violently-insane tech-powered villains stops. Then, a new company is announced: V-Tech.

The public learns that the tech-based Super-villains call cut deals with the Federal government, and are now selling there tech to the military, police, and for personal use.

i.e
in DC, Mr. Freeze and Captain Cold have combined their ice technology, and are selling it to Fire Departments and the Police for riot control.
in Marvel, Shocker is selling his suit to the police and military.

Ironically, laws were passed that make using this kind of advanced tech get you tossed into a new prison, that is reinforced by V-Techology.

The heroes collectively look and go 'WHAT THE HELL?'

So....
Question Time!

#1 - How does the General public react.
#2 - How does the Super Hero community react, short and long term?
#3 - How do the non-Tech Super Villains react?
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Tech Villians Go Legit (Comic RAR)

Post by Batman »

Isn't that basically Modern Age Lex Luthor?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

How many of their neat technologies could be employed to stop and reverse the effects of global warming?

There's a Nobel Prize for Mr Freeze if he brings back the polar ice I would think.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Batman wrote: 2019-08-01 09:58pm Isn't that basically Modern Age Lex Luthor?
Yes, but it's EVERY TECH BASED VILLAIN on that world, not just one.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Batman actually uses that logic to stop the Weather Wizard from attacking the Flash again. It's in JLA: Welcome to the Working Week.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

This reminds me of the Lex Luthor fanfic Volver, wherein Lex, upon discovering that every brilliant person on Earth has been warped with neuroses to keep Earth primitive, starts bringing out all the 'for the good of mankind' stuff he developed but kept in reserve because it didn't personally benefit him. This, plus a few other measures, started Earth towards a better age because all these things were out in the world now.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2019-08-02 04:47am This reminds me of the Lex Luthor fanfic Volver, wherein Lex, upon discovering that every brilliant person on Earth has been warped with neuroses to keep Earth primitive, starts bringing out all the 'for the good of mankind' stuff he developed but kept in reserve because it didn't personally benefit him. This, plus a few other measures, started Earth towards a better age because all these things were out in the world now.
Got a link for that? Sounds interesting.

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Solauren wrote: 2019-08-03 01:20pm
FaxModem1 wrote: 2019-08-02 04:47am This reminds me of the Lex Luthor fanfic Volver, wherein Lex, upon discovering that every brilliant person on Earth has been warped with neuroses to keep Earth primitive, starts bringing out all the 'for the good of mankind' stuff he developed but kept in reserve because it didn't personally benefit him. This, plus a few other measures, started Earth towards a better age because all these things were out in the world now.
Got a link for that? Sounds interesting.
Got the name completely wrong. It's Inviolate. Hope you know your DC continuity, because it plays with a lot of it to explain some plot holes.