Justice League/Avengers vs...

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Justice League/Avengers vs...

Post by The Romulan Republic »

This guy:

https://gravityfalls.fandom.com/wiki/Bill_Cipher

Scenario One: Bill vs the full DCAU Justice League from Justice League Unlimited.

Scenario Two: Bill vs the Endgame Avengers (Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye/Ronan, Nebula, Rocket, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Thor, Ant Man).

If neither team can defeat Bill, then both teams may combine against him for round three. If both match-ups are a curb stomp of Bill, then he gets his hench-maniacs as well.

For reference, here is Bill in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_3ukCXgPUA

Have at it.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Justice League/Avengers vs...

Post by Solauren »

The link wasn't very good in describing his powers, but....

Vs JL: The league distracts him, Batman hits him in the eye with an exploding Batarang.
If Amazo is considered part of the League, Amazo becomes more powerful, and probably curbstombs him.

vs Avengers: At full power, I would consider that includes them having the 'Infinity Stark-Gauntlet'. Curbstomb with that.
Otherwise, Thor and Captain Marvel might be able to handle him.

vs all - Curb stomp.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Solauren wrote: 2019-07-25 06:46pm The link wasn't very good in describing his powers, but....
Well, basic run-down is:

Powers:

-Shape-shifter, but generally some variation on a triangle for his body.

-Immortal.

-Can possess people if they shake his hand.

-Can get in peoples' minds in the dreamscape while they sleep. In the dreamscape, he can make pretty much whatever he wants happen by willing it.

-Has to be summoned to our dimension, or enter through a dimensional rift to have full powers.

-At full power, can transmogrify people and things into pretty much whatever.

-Regenerates from physical damage.

-As shown in the video, punches with a force approaching a small nuke.

-He seemed to believe that if he could breach the barrier around the town of Gravity Falls, he would be capable of destroying entire planets at will, and claimed to be able to control time. These claims are to my knowledge unverified.

-Extensive arcane knowledge, but not omniscient (he gets surprised, or has to make deals to get information, on a number of occasions).

Weaknesses:

-Does not appear precognizant, or at least not reliably. Can be surprised.

-A certain concoction involving unicorn hair (I forget the other ingredients) could create a barrier. That's the shield that blocked him in the clip I linked to.

-In the dreamscape, he can be fought by force of will/imagination (basically works similar to Matrix "your mind makes it real" rules, I think).

-While possessing someone, he is only as strong as the body he is in at the moment. If he body fails (unconscious or, I presume, dead), he's kicked back out and becomes disembodied again.

-There's a particular ritual (performed by a group of people in a circle representing specific symbols) which can banish him.

-He can feel pain.

-If he is in someone's mind/possessing them and their mind is erased, he will be erased with it. This is the only known way to kill him.

Personality/Motivations:

-Basically Q at his most amoral, except more obviously unstable. Motive basically seems to be "for the hell of it" (and escaping his dying dimension), though he'll occassional dress it up as "liberating" our dimension.
Vs JL: The league distracts him, Batman hits him in the eye with an exploding Batarang.
Wouldn't kill him. At most, it would temporarily hurt and inconvenience him. Then he'd regenerate the eye.
If Amazo is considered part of the League, Amazo becomes more powerful, and probably curbstombs him.
I hadn't thought of Amazo, but if the bot can duplicate his powers, then yeah, he loses.
vs Avengers: At full power, I would consider that includes them having the 'Infinity Stark-Gauntlet'. Curbstomb with that.
Well, yeah, probably, but it wasn't my intent to give them the Gauntlet. The line-up I listed was the one from the start of the film.
Otherwise, Thor and Captain Marvel might be able to handle him.

vs all - Curb stomp.
Physically... they could match anything he's demonstrably capable of based on on-screen evidence. I'm not sure what counter the Avengers would have to transmogrification, however. The full JL had a wizard or two on staff as I recall, and perhaps they might be able to counter it or block it, while the heavy-hitters like Superman kept him distracted?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

The JL included Zatana, Doctor Fate, a Green Lantern, and numerous other magical beings.
Just distract the guy long enough to blast his eye. That's his apparent weakness. Then let Superman, Manhunter, Wonderwoman beat the living tar ouf of him for a while. As his eye regrows, rip it off. He'll get the message.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.