THE OotS Thread, Part V

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part V

Post by Crazedwraith »

1297 is up

Serini's paranoia about the paladins is really starting to screw the team over.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2024-02-02 10:45amSerini's paranoia about the paladins is really starting to screw the team over.
Predictably so.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Don't you love/hate it when your opponents addressed their glaring weakness?

Then again, that's what sonic and force spells are for....
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

1298 is up

Ooooo... That's gotta hurt. :-D
Nice touch with the back claws too :-D
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

I don't think throwing a T-rex at a dragon is every going to not be cool
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Finally, the long awaited return of Spoiler
Bloodfeast the Extremeinator
:mrgreen:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

LadyTevar wrote: 2024-02-19 09:03am 1298 is up

Considering how much Bloodfeast has to weigh (2 - 3 tonnes, he's definately upper end for a Allosaurus or the related species), I'm willing to bet the dragon gets pulled out of the air.
Not to mention all it's teeth are serrated. Meaning when Bloodfeast pull back with his bite, he's going to rip part of the dragon's throat out.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Solauren wrote: 2024-02-19 09:13pm

Considering how much Bloodfeast has to weigh (2 - 3 tonnes, he's definately upper end for a Allosaurus or the related species), I'm willing to bet the dragon gets pulled out of the air.
Not to mention all it's teeth are serrated. Meaning when Bloodfeast pull back with his bite, he's going to rip part of the dragon's throat out.
Oh, I hope

And it does answer the question on if a Dinosaur can overcome a Dragon's natural magic defense (or did they make it so you don't need +1-or-better-weapons to pierce dragon hide?)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

LadyTevar wrote: 2024-02-20 07:24am
Solauren wrote: 2024-02-19 09:13pm

Oh, I hope

And it does answer the question on if a Dinosaur can overcome a Dragon's natural magic defense (or did they make it so you don't need +1-or-better-weapons to pierce dragon hide?)
Wouldn't really matter given how 3.5 DR works since under the circumstances he's probably critting or otherwise doing with damage to punch through it.

Fun fact. I haven't double checked this myself, but someone on another forum looked it up and according to the official 3rd edition stats while T-Rexs don't have a rake attack, Allosauruses like Bloodfeast do.

Also note that Bloodfeast isn't just any Allosaurus. He's a Blood Empire War Allosaurus. So he could easily be an advanced version or have some sort of War Mount template.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Also - a null magic field would also certainly interrupt those magical defenses, right? So.. Moot point?
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

No, I think it would just stop a weapon from bypassing DR/Magic

EDIT

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm

Damage Reduction is not mentioned as being a supernatural or spell-like ability.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

natural Damage reduction is not affected by anti-magic.

Never considered that BLoodfeast might have a template or too on him too boot.
Then again, the only 'breed for war' style template, Warbeast, from MM2 (3.X) isn't very impressive. Quite frankly, advancing them by HD is more effective.

Hopefully BLoodfest isn't a really a Battletitan (MM3, 3.5, and I think meant for Eberron) that just wasn't armored up yet. If he is, then that poor dragon is going to get it's ass completely kicked.

Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Would be pretty funny if the custom Blood Empire War Mount template gave fire resistance and a bunch of other anti-red dragon qualities to discourage the empress from snacking on them.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ralin wrote: 2024-02-20 01:33pm Wouldn't really matter given how 3.5 DR works since under the circumstances he's probably critting or otherwise doing with damage to punch through it.

Fun fact. I haven't double checked this myself, but someone on another forum looked it up and according to the official 3rd edition stats while T-Rexs don't have a rake attack, Allosauruses like Bloodfeast do.

Also note that Bloodfeast isn't just any Allosaurus. He's a Blood Empire War Allosaurus. So he could easily be an advanced version or have some sort of War Mount template.
Once again, I adore how both artist and fans look for little facts like that, to allow Bloodfeast to rake the stomach like that. :-D

I'd not thought about War Mount, it's been so long since we'd seen him as anything but Tiny Lizard.

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Ralin wrote: 2024-02-20 08:19pm Would be pretty funny if the custom Blood Empire War Mount template gave fire resistance and a bunch of other anti-red dragon qualities to discourage the empress from snacking on them.
And/Or if they had red dragon ancestory in them to make them tougher.

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

1299 is up

And they fight and they fight and they fight...
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Not for much longer at this rate.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

The dragon is about to lose a claw. It's in the Allosaurus's mouth.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Solauren wrote: 2024-03-11 10:19pm The dragon is about to lose a claw. It's in the Allosaurus's mouth.
I think he's trying to pry the mouth away from his neck.

Not sure what spell the Cleric is using but Sonny is back to normal again. Keep that eye on the nasty dragon, Sonny!

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

LadyTevar wrote: 2024-03-12 05:35am
Solauren wrote: 2024-03-11 10:19pm The dragon is about to lose a claw. It's in the Allosaurus's mouth.
I think he's trying to pry the mouth away from his neck.

Not sure what spell the Cleric is using but Sonny is back to normal again. Keep that eye on the nasty dragon, Sonny!
Blast it with all your other eyes, Sunny!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

LadyTevar wrote: 2024-03-12 05:35amNot sure what spell the Cleric is using but Sonny is back to normal again. Keep that eye on the nasty dragon, Sonny!
Protection from evil in order to suppress the domination effect, per their plan on the previous page.
Solauren wrote: 2024-03-12 06:06pmBlast it with all your other eyes, Sunny!
If Sunny does that she'll have to turn off the antimagic ray first, and if that happens, Bloodfeast goes back to being a lizard and the fire breath is back in play.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2024-03-12 10:36pm If Sunny does that she'll have to turn off the antimagic ray first, and if that happens, Bloodfeast goes back to being a lizard and the fire breath is back in play.
That's not a problem? Close the central eye (standard action), then hammer it with all the eye rays (free action). Next round, open the central eye again if needed.

What, you've never had a Beholder cover you with it's antimagic ray to screw with your spell effects, then turn it off and open fire with it's eye rays, then turn the anti-magic back on, rinse and repeat?

Sure, Charm Person is not going to bother the Dragon, and probably not Fear, but Disintegrate, Finger of Death, Flesh to Stone, and Slow are all potentially useful against it.

And if the flesh to stone works, keep the central eye closed, and reuse disintegrate. Statues have horrible saves after all....

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Solauren wrote: 2024-03-13 09:47pm
Rogue 9 wrote: 2024-03-12 10:36pm If Sunny does that she'll have to turn off the antimagic ray first, and if that happens, Bloodfeast goes back to being a lizard and the fire breath is back in play.
That's not a problem? Close the central eye (standard action), then hammer it with all the eye rays (free action). Next round, open the central eye again if needed.

What, you've never had a Beholder cover you with it's antimagic ray to screw with your spell effects, then turn it off and open fire with it's eye rays, then turn the anti-magic back on, rinse and repeat?

Sure, Charm Person is not going to bother the Dragon, and probably not Fear, but Disintegrate, Finger of Death, Flesh to Stone, and Slow are all potentially useful against it.

And if the flesh to stone works, keep the central eye closed, and reuse disintegrate. Statues have horrible saves after all....
True.... but Sunny might hit Bloodfeast :(

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

LadyTevar wrote: 2024-03-14 11:18am
Solauren wrote: 2024-03-13 09:47pm

True.... but Sunny might hit Bloodfeast :(
Anti-Magic Eye turns Bloodfeast back to little lizard
Open fire on the big ass dragon
Close anti-magic eye, and Bloodfeast goes Allosaurus again on the now more hurt dragon.

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

1300 is up
Spoiler
Poor Sunny :(