What films of the last decade or so will gain a lasting cult following?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Re: What films of the last decade or so will gain a lasting cult following?

Post by NeoGoomba »

Sam Neil as an early avatar of Chaos is too good an idea not to consider haha
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I have to agree with Event Horizon as well. Creepy location, well-done suspense, Lovecraftian-style horror, and a cast that pulled it off beautifully.
I can see the "Warp-Drive" connection to WH20K. The jump did take them through or to someplace where Gellar-fields might have been a big help.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't any pre-unification history in WH40K essentially "something happend during this time but we got only very vague indication as to what" so it's next to impossible to break canon for that era as there's no real canon indication as to what happened until around years 25.000-30.000 by imperial counting.

So Event Horizon could fit there was one of the early FTL experiments by humanity that were lost in time by 41st millenium.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Event Horizon also came out 20 years ago!