Dresden Files (Turn Coat)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

dragon
Sith Marauder

Dresden Files (Turn Coat)

Post by dragon »

Sweet my local library has it. So has anyone read it yet. If yes give a review, if not I'll review in a week after I've read it.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Re: Dresden Files (Turn Coat)

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Indeed people have
I liked it, need to go more deeply into it, and the series is definitely about to hit the midstride in terms of "And now, we're finishing act 1 and the true villains will be revealed to occupy us for the rest of the series".
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

oops when I searched for it I saw just it for the preview chapters. Ok nm then.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Garlak
Youngling

Post by Garlak »

Without spoiling things, one thing I can tell you (if you haven't read the book by now): the Skinwalker really IS freaking scary and nasty. It is NOT like the TV-version skinwalker.

To give you an idea: take a loup-garou. Give it a brain. Shapeshifting powers. MAGIC. Then add on hundreds upon hundreds of years of experience.
I went to the librarian and asked for a book about stars ... And the answer was stunning. It was that the Sun was a star but really close. The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
~Carl Sagan