Nolan and Bale may work on Justice League film.

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Nolan and Bale may work on Justice League film.

Post by Batman »

I'm sorry, are we talking about the Nolanverse GCPD or the DCU one? Because the DCU one (at least prior to the New 52) was pretty damned good. Yes, it started out corrupt like nobody's business, but Jim weeded that out a long time ago.
And it's not my job to sentence those people. If your justice system sucks, fix it. Don't blame me for having to deliver the culprits into it again, and again, and again because it sucks.
You want those people dead-how about, I dunno, you death sentence them?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Ten years later and you're still desperate for attention. It's just sad, really.

And blaming comic book authorities for stuff like this when the medium is so bankrupt they could vaporize the joker and send the gas into a future dimension of pure lateness and he'd just come back anyway is stupid. Joker can't be stopped, ever. Deal with it or start reading fiction that has new ideas sometimes.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

Batman wrote:I'm sorry, are we talking about the Nolanverse GCPD or the DCU one? Because the DCU one (at least prior to the New 52) was pretty damned good. Yes, it started out corrupt like nobody's business, but Jim weeded that out a long time ago.
And it's not my job to sentence those people. If your justice system sucks, fix it. Don't blame me for having to deliver the culprits into it again, and again, and again because it sucks.
You want those people dead-how about, I dunno, you death sentence them?
"You", huh? Because Gotham's, like, a real city and not just a fictional playground for crappy comic writers. And yes, the fictional GCPD of the fictional Gotham City is incompetent, otherwise they wouldn't have to rely on some fictional bored rich guy to play fictional vigilante for them.
And because american comic book series like this simply aren't going anywhere, I'm not reading them anymore. Hey, even fucking Inu Yasha eventually got rid of his ridiculously persistent nemesis, but Batman getting rid of the Joker? Never going to happen, but I'll still point out how totally inept and futile it makes Batman's efforts look.

Also, don't give me the "Batman's not responsible for the failures of the actual authorities" BS. Batman himself is contributing to the lawless atmosphere of Gotham by being a masked vigilante who's constantly breaking laws to feed his obsessions. If James Gordon were competent, he'd go after Batman just as much as the rest of the crazies.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

If Gordon were competent(which I think he is, I just never see this written), he'd more recognize an alliance with Batman as a faustian bargain for the law than treat Batman as a person he'd actively pursue until that bargain comes back to bite him in the ass(along the lines of what the end of The Dark Knight does).
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Gaidin wrote:If Gordon were competent(which I think he is, I just never see this written), he'd more recognize an alliance with Batman as a faustian bargain for the law than treat Batman as a person he'd actively pursue until that bargain comes back to bite him in the ass(along the lines of what the end of The Dark Knight does).
Exactly. Batman contributing to the lawless atmosphere is not the issue because things literally couldn't be any worse. Batman creates something for criminals to fear, certainly it's not the law. There needs to be some momentum built up before the police become the biggest dog again, and Batman does that.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

You can't just say batman shouldn't break the law then turn around and say he should start murdering mentally handicapped people.And batman did make a difference to gotham. Before he came to gotham, crime was big business set in the police force and all the elite. Now it's a lot more disorganized. Yes, it's still worse than any real life city on the planet (four murders a night if i remember correctly, no RL city has that), but it's certainly better than beforehand.

What do you mean by "he's lucky wonder woman and superman like him"? Wonder woman and superman break as many laws as batman does. Aside extensive property damage, and doing everything batman does but with superpowers, remember max lord and the events identity crisis? The difference is that everyone likes superman and wonder woman. Also, in certain places such as Apokolips and general nox's country for a time, superman is considered a criminal anyway.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

One of the reasons I'm lucky (for a given value of lucky anyway) Clark likes me because it means when I tell him to get his ass out of my city because, despite 975% of available evidence being to the contrary, I assure him I have everything under control, he accepts that and leaves instead of asking 'or you're going to do-what, exactly?' Kryptonite doesn't exactly grow on trees (at least not anymore, Valen alone knows what happened in three quarters of a century worth of Superman comics) else we wouldn't have needed to nab that kryptonite ring off then-President Luthor to begin with.
Other than the general advisability of not getting on the bad side of an Amazon Warrior Princess with near-Kryptonian strength just on general principles so her liking me is definitely a Good Thing I admit I'm not entirely sure how Diana figures into it.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Batman you are aware that lying about your identity and background is against the board rules right?

Because I don't believe you are actually a costumed vigilante.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

You do realize he's joking and that it's part of the gag, right?
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Don't be ridiculous. Everybody knows I have absolutely no sense of humour.
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Judging by your standard for what's a "joke" and a "gag" I would have to agree.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

With absolutely no sense of humour to begin with I wouldn't have standards for that.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Flagg and Stark calling Batman an attention whore is pretty ironic in retrospect.
Why not let the dude have his one running gag? Especially since it is totally harmless.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Shit, I didn't realise you'd called off the 'mockery of stupid people' thing. My bad!

Waaaaaait - this is just favouritism isn't it? Awww, you nearly had me there!