"Across the Spider-Verse"

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

"Across the Spider-Verse"

Post by Steve »

Saw it today. Very much enjoyed it. It builds well upon what was done last time and pushes to do more artistically and with the characters.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: "Across the Spider-Verse"

Post by Crazedwraith »

I don't know if it was the film or the cinema but it was just too damn loud in place. A lot times I could only get the gist of the dialogue like the origins story or most of Spider-Punk's dialogue.

I did it enjoy it but dang if it was dark and of course... cliffhanger. Ugh.

Since no spoiler warning on the thread I am tagging it.
Spoiler
I don't buy the conceit that every spider's story has to play out the same because canon. Because like, all that shit happened to Peter, was going to happen to Miles just because he got bit? Still disproving it is presumably how the next film is going to go.

And over thinking one of the cameos: Insomniac Spidey (i.e from the ps4/5 games) has his own Miles as a side kick. But the concept seems to be there's only every one spider per universe. or even one hero except for the spideys from verses with other heroes like MCU Pete referenced.

Still the mcu references Doctor Strange name reference, Ganke not being Miles' Guy in the chair. fricken Don Glover reprising Aaron Davis were great.

That said. Josh Keaton and yuri lowenthal only getting a line each as Spectacular cartoon and PS4 spideys was a waste.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

The Mix was buggered and Sony has recently sent out new a version to cinemas.
a
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Lost Soal wrote: 2023-06-14 06:29pm The Mix was buggered and Sony has recently sent out new a version to cinemas.
Huh, interesting to know!
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Movie.... good. Movie very good!