D&D: Honor Among Thieves

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: D&D: Honor Among Thieves

Post by LadyTevar »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2023-01-15 05:32pm And the druid turning into an owlbear, which is not a thing, owlbears not being natural animals. ;)
No, they're not. And thank you, I'd forgotten that bit. But DAMN if it doesn't follow The Rule Of Cool!!

Now, if you want to argue "Natural Animal" and assume 'non-intelligent/sapient', there are several DragonKin that would fall into that. Various wyrms, wyverns, dragon turtles.... :-D
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

LadyTevar wrote: 2023-01-16 02:05pm
Rogue 9 wrote: 2023-01-15 05:32pm And the druid turning into an owlbear, which is not a thing, owlbears not being natural animals. ;)
No, they're not. And thank you, I'd forgotten that bit. But DAMN if it doesn't follow The Rule Of Cool!!

Now, if you want to argue "Natural Animal" and assume 'non-intelligent/sapient', there are several DragonKin that would fall into that. Various wyrms, wyverns, dragon turtles.... :-D
Hello.

My personal take on the 'Shifter' as she's depicted so far?

While the character migth pass them selves off as a "Druid'. I am more betting that she's a Gold Dragon 'In disguise".

They have a Black and a Red. Pulling a Gold out at some opportunly dramatic moment would seem the thing to do.

Cheers.
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Dass.Kapital wrote: 2023-01-16 10:25pm Hello.

My personal take on the 'Shifter' as she's depicted so far?

While the character migth pass them selves off as a "Druid'. I am more betting that she's a Gold Dragon 'In disguise".

They have a Black and a Red. Pulling a Gold out at some opportunly dramatic moment would seem the thing to do.

Cheers.
THAT would be Amusing, and perfect example of GM Dues ex Machina.
We'll have to see which way it goes. :-D

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

There were Feats in 3E that let Druids wildshape into Magical Beasts, and other Creature Types. Yeah, some were 'epic level,' but 'Director Fiat' is probably the same as 'DM House Rules' in this case.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Solauren wrote: 2023-01-19 09:22pm There were Feats in 3E that let Druids wildshape into Magical Beasts, and other Creature Types. Yeah, some were 'epic level,' but 'Director Fiat' is probably the same as 'DM House Rules' in this case.
Call it what it is -- "THE RULE OF COOL"
:mrgreen: