Official Trailer for Deadpool (Trailer)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Crown
NARF

Official Trailer for Deadpool (Trailer)

Post by Crown »

:mrgreen:

The top comment is making me love this movie already!

Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Re: Official Trailer for Deadpool (Trailer)

Post by FSTargetDrone »

And the main trailer is up!

Green band version:

Red band (NSFW) version:

Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

I'm predicting this movie will be stupid as hell, though not necessarily in a bad way. Time will tell.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Looks good, and someone managed to get Collosus to look right in a movie. :-)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:I'm predicting this movie will be stupid as hell, though not necessarily in a bad way. Time will tell.
I'm predicting it'll be one of those movies that nerds fawn over and yet still mysteriously crashes and burns with the general public.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

The trailer was supposed to show before the new Fantastic Four movie that is opening this week and I was almost considering going just to see this on the big screen but the reviews for FF look dreadful.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Doesn't look like my kind of movie. But my exposure to Deadpool is pretty much limited to the "Hi, I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC" videos on Youtube, which are obviously non-canon. And the X-Men: Wolverine film, though that was obviously a very different take.

Edit: I think it might be that Deadpool is comedic character that just doesn't fit with my sense of humour.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Doesn't look like my kind of movie. But my exposure to Deadpool is pretty much limited to the "Hi, I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC" videos on Youtube, which are obviously non-canon. And the X-Men: Wolverine film, though that was obviously a very different take.

Edit: I think it might be that Deadpool is comedic character that just doesn't fit with my sense of humour.
Deadpool works best when he's not being jokey but just not being serious. Yes he spouts pop culture one liners but he works best when he's not by himself but bouncing off existing Marvel characters

Something like this

He's the Merc with a mouth, an insane semi-immortal bounty hunter who just in it to make money, enjoy life and break the 4th wall constantly. Also from everything I've heard this is a passion project, the director became a director to do a Deadpool movie. Ryan Renalds understands the Green Lantern hate, everyone involved are massive fans they WANT it to succeed. These are not paycheck guys just showing up to make it and go home. It will have heart even if everything else goes wrong.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Maybe the Colossus will look less dreadful when there's more than just a snippet. As is, that looks terrible.
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

I think this will be an interesting test as to whether R rated superhero movies can be profitable. I'm actually surprised that they kind of toned down what he looks like out of his costume. I wonder if they're going to bother addressing his portrayal in X-Men Origins at all.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

I could see him saying that wasn't him, it was Wade Wylson. Totally different people.

I suddenly find myself hoping that Colossus is his ally in this and inflicts physical abuse on him because A: Deadpool is annoying and B­: He knows the Merc with a Mouth can take it.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:I could see him saying that wasn't him, it was Wade Wylson. Totally different people.

I suddenly find myself hoping that Colossus is his ally in this and inflicts physical abuse on him because A: Deadpool is annoying and B­: He knows the Merc with a Mouth can take it.
Maybe, although I think it's more likely the traditional 'Superheroes meet up and fight over some misunderstanding' thing.
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

deadpool more of a shoot first, ask hilarious questions while shooting more-kind of character.

this is going to be awesome, deadpool is in my top 5 comic characters
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

biostem wrote:I think this will be an interesting test as to whether R rated superhero movies can be profitable. I'm actually surprised that they kind of toned down what he looks like out of his costume. I wonder if they're going to bother addressing his portrayal in X-Men Origins at all.
Weren't the Blade movies profitable?
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Block wrote:
biostem wrote:I think this will be an interesting test as to whether R rated superhero movies can be profitable. I'm actually surprised that they kind of toned down what he looks like out of his costume. I wonder if they're going to bother addressing his portrayal in X-Men Origins at all.
Weren't the Blade movies profitable?
All three were (somehow; Trinity was made back just under double its budget, versus over triple for I and II). But was that a superhero movie so much as a action/horror flick? You wouldn't call James Bond a superhero even though a lot of his exploits (pre-Craig, anyway) are arguably less feasible than what we see Captain Rogers pulling off.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

I'd think it is a superhero movie, Blade is a Marvel superhero. I mean, yes he's in the darker more mystical aspect of it like Dr. Strange is, but he's still considered one of the Marvel superheroes as far as I know.