The 2nd Girl Genius Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Re: The 2nd Girl Genius Thread

Post by Hawkwings »

Well, the writers had to get her out of the castle somehow... Guess she won't be going back for another few years.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Not the way I wanted her out of the Castle
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, if Castle Wulfenbach if going explode-y, does this mean the last few years of repairing the damn place are pointless?
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Aaaand looks like more Sturmvoraus family antics.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

FaxModem1 wrote:So, if Castle Wulfenbach if going explode-y, does this mean the last few years of repairing the damn place are pointless?
The Castle and Castle Wulfenbach are not the same. :) One is land based and the other.... isn't. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

So where did everyone else go? Krosp, Violetta? And the million dollar question. WTF happened in Mechanicsburg.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

In keeping with the Foglio's penchant for weird puns, I do believe the Baron set off a 'Time bomb'....
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

oh christ. that makes too much sense.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Well, can't say that I expected Agatha to remain incapicitated for long. After living with The Other in her head, she doesn't take very well to anyone attempting to control her.
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Ah Tweedle, she may need you alive for the moment, but not in control.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Great, now the Other is on the loose. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

How can you be so sure?
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Just the look and feel of her interaction with Krosp and that woman (forgot her name) screams Other. I don't think Agatha would act that way to them.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Nah, she's just pissed...

What are the bets that Mister Whatshisname (or what remains after they are done) will soon be giving details on how he tinkered with her and where she can read up on the process...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Tweedle is smarter than the average bear.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

I'm a little confused by who is addicted to whom.

Initially Tweedle made Agatha addicted to him.

Agatha knocked the over bearing jackanapes out....

.....And has now made Tweedle addicted to a (Or perhaps ALL?) Wasp-eater?

So;

Assuming Agatha doesn't want to be addicted to Tweedle, but still hasn't figured out how to completely remove the tinkering done by Tweedle, dose that mean Agatha is also addicted now to Wasp-eaters?
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

She is addicted to one particular Wasp-eater.

Which is now held hostage by Tweedle...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Is anyone else bored of this plotline already?

Just like how pinky wore out her welcome long before she actually went away, but without the intervening business of being introduced as a regular character before becoming an annoying timewaster?
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Ah, good old Violetta. If only she combined her slight of hand skills with stabbing skills she could assassinate bad guys with ease. She could have killed Pinky and Tweedle easily.

LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Alyeska wrote:Ah, good old Violetta. If only she combined her slight of hand skills with stabbing skills she could assassinate bad guys with ease. She could have killed Pinky and Tweedle easily.
In her defense, she is related to Tweedle, and he might be crucial to help Agatha understand and undo what he did. Also, if she killed Tweedle, he might have killed the Wasp-eater, and this means Agatha dies... Saving your client comes before killing his foes, if those two aren't the same in the current situation.

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I'm still reckoning they've gone into the future, so violetta's had a few years to practice. The hints are pretty heavy.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

madd0ct0r wrote:I'm still reckoning they've gone into the future, so violetta's had a few years to practice. The hints are pretty heavy.
You should go back a few pages, and you'll find out that Violetta, that weasel and Krosp fell through that portal with Agatha and Tweedle...

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

damn.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ahha! Smoke Knight still got it. :)
Hopefully Tweedle isn't as good at it as Tarvok
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I really hate it when they do time jumps in a storyline. Two and a half years?!
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage