Iron Man vs Thor...

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

General Schatten wrote:
Enigma wrote:Why didn't IM use an armour similar to the Hulkbuster armour when facing off with Thor?
Because Evil Overlords are stupid?
He didn't really expect to be fighting, I think. (Evil Overlords are stupid again. If he'd thought ahead a fight would have seemed pretty likely.) Really he wanted Thor to come right back to the Initiative Avengers, and if he'd been wearing a big suit of Thorbuster armor it might have soured Thor's reaction a bit.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Enigma wrote:Why didn't IM use an armour similar to the Hulkbuster armour when facing off with Thor?
Probably because Thor didn't politely notify Tony that he was going to show up to kick his ass.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Jason
Padawan Learner

Post by Jason »

I enjoyed this issue a lot. It seems to be setting things up and foreshadowing future plots. Tony does not seem to be gone for good. We'll see what he's planning later.

Also liked the interaction with the mortals with Thor, and his newfound friend.
Jason B. Romano
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Cause Hulk trashed the Hulkbuster armor? And IM was hoping not to have a fight?
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Sriad wrote:
General Schatten wrote:
He didn't really expect to be fighting, I think. (Evil Overlords are stupid again. If he'd thought ahead a fight would have seemed pretty likely.) Really he wanted Thor to come right back to the Initiative Avengers, and if he'd been wearing a big suit of Thorbuster armor it might have soured Thor's reaction a bit.
I think Stark drank one too many Jim Bean(sp?) to think that what he did to Thor in his absence would not piss him off. He basically tried to bully and threaten Thor! That is like me after fucking Lois Lane and then threaten Superman to either calm down and accept me fucking Lois Lane or I'll kill him with a damp sponge.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

General Schatten wrote:
probably in the shop with .75% of it's systems needing repair, and someone from the general accounting office going. It's going to cost HOW MUCH?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

He has (or had) a Thorbuster-armor, which had some sort of magical powersource and/or Uru metal involved in its design. It didn't work too well, since Thor was still able to trash the armor.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay