King Kong Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

King Kong Trailer

Post by Majin Gojira »

It just aired on several NBC affiliates, here is a link to it online.

I miss the old Kong Roar, but other than that...WOW!
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Hot damn, that looks freaking awesome!

And yes, I have seen the original movie, thank you.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

That looks awesome, but I have to ask, Is there only one bit of generic "epic gregorian chant" available right now? Is there there shortage of some sort? :P
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Srynerson
Jedi Knight

Post by Srynerson »

Noble Ire wrote:That looks awesome, but I have to ask, Is there only one bit of generic "epic gregorian chant" available right now? Is there there shortage of some sort? :P
The studio marketing departments got ahold of Dr. Forrester's Public Domain Karaoke Machine, featuring "Gregorian Chant #5". :lol: On topic, I hadn't realized that the film was a "period piece," in the sense of being set at the time of the original film. (Jack Black's look makes me think of 1930s-40s director King Vidor.) That's an excellent choice given the subject matter.
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

Saw the clip last night ... so far, so great.
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Same music as the Fantastic Four trailer at parts, but overall... KICKASS!
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

i loved the original king kong and i can't wait for this one. I am seeing it on the first day. Also glad to Jack Black doing a more serious roll... thats what it seems like anyway
Hardy
Padawan Learner

Post by Hardy »

Count on Andy Serkis to produce motion that's not quite human, but at the same time, not entirely identifiable with an ape. Fortunately, Serkis is very used to running around in crouched postions and proclaiming his love to whatever's in his fist. So far, I'm pleased with his performance.

It also looks like Anne Darrow won't have much dialogue in this film, not unlike the earlier one. Ah well.

This film looks promising.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

There is something appealing about a Giant Gorilla fighting a T-rex.

Putting me in the mood to go read some Frank Cho comics.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
squidman001
Padawan Learner

Andy?!

Post by squidman001 »

so are you saying that Andy is doing the motion capture for PJ as Kong in this movie?
"Generally I find that killing mice is easier if you use your mind." Ford Prefect

"It's like a camel pissed on raspberries and then they bottled it."
Hardy
Padawan Learner

Re: Andy?!

Post by Hardy »

squidman001 wrote:so are you saying that Andy is doing the motion capture for PJ as Kong in this movie?
King Kong is credited as Andy Serkis.
IMdb wrote:Andy Serkis studied gorillas in Africa in preparation for his performance as King Kong (which is to be done in the same style that was used for him to play Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings" movies).
Other sources, like Wikipedia, say point blank that he's doing the motion capture.