I have a question

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

une
Padawan Learner

I have a question

Post by une »

When the ISDs were in the asteroid field in ESB, the novellizations have the asteroids colliding with the Star Destroyers hull, not it's particle shields. So on Mr. Wongs site shouldn't the "3E20 joules of kinetic energy" be a measurement of the ability of an ISD's armor instead of it's particle shields, which are most likely much higher.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Re: I have a question

Post by SirNitram »

une wrote:When the ISDs were in the asteroid field in ESB, the novellizations have the asteroids colliding with the Star Destroyers hull, not it's particle shields. So on Mr. Wongs site shouldn't the "3E20 joules of kinetic energy" be a measurement of the ability of an ISD's armor instead of it's particle shields, which are most likely much higher.
Well, it's also colliding with very large windows, and the amount of destruction this caused is in question.

HINT: The captain on Vader's hologram thing is shocked and surprised, not dead and imploded.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Re: I have a question

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

SirNitram wrote:Well, it's also colliding with very large windows, and the amount of destruction this caused is in question.

HINT: The captain on Vader's hologram thing is shocked and surprised, not dead and imploded.
Really? I always thought that the captain that flails and fades out was killed.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Hull tight shields.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Also it can be either or on that
Hull Tight or sphere simply because some things makes sense at some points
IE if your being attacked by Kinitec weaponry and missles Hull tight might not be such a good idea compared to sphereical

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton