Jedi/Sith Thrawn

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

CNS Sarajevo
Youngling

Jedi/Sith Thrawn

Post by CNS Sarajevo »

In the "Could Treknology Defeat a Jedi" thread, somebody brought up a rumor that Thrawn had some latent Force sensitivity. I don't think he did, but what if.....

If Thrawn was as powerful with the Force as he was brilliant as a tactician,

1. would he be the most powerful Force user in history?
2. would he be Sith, Jedi, or something else?

I think 1, no, Palpatine was still stronger from sheer evilness, and 2, something else. He was too noble to be Sith and followed his own rules too much to be a Jedi.
I love the smell of BDZ in the morning.

"If the battle cannot be won without me, then I will be brought on deck."
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

..I'm still waiting for Thrawn's return.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

As if Thrawn wasn't already mary janeish enough he's also Force sensitive? :roll: C'mon. It was quite clear that the Emperor kept a firm grip over any force users in his Empire, he would hardly allow someone of Thrawn's talent or ability to go off to the untamed regions with latent force using ability.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

..I'm still waiting for Thrawn's return.
Tim Zahn had an alternative ending, I think. :)
Where Thrawn convinces Jade to help and she blasts into the Wayland facility killing Luke, C'Baoth and all the bad guys (rebels and bandits). And then the people of the Empire celebrate victory. 8)
I belive it should have been like this. Zahn likes Thrawn too much. The ultimate Rebel demise after Endor -that's what I belive has happened. Most of the EU sucks, the Thrawn trilogy rules. :twisted:
And don't make Thrawn "force-enhanced" :evil: , he doesn't need these tricks for weak-minded to be the supreme genious in the whole damn Universe (after Palpatine, perhaps).
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Stravo wrote:As if Thrawn wasn't already mary janeish enough he's also Force sensitive? :roll: C'mon. It was quite clear that the Emperor kept a firm grip over any force users in his Empire, he would hardly allow someone of Thrawn's talent or ability to go off to the untamed regions with latent force using ability.
On the flip side of that argument though he did Promote Thrawn to Grand Admiral. Palpatine seemed like he had an anti alien bias, but the turth is he was biased against those without the ability to tap into the force. The only other Alien who Palpatine had even the slightest bit of respect for was Darth Maul, an alien. Perhaps Palpatine saw Thrawn had a strong presence in the force and had some sort of hidden talent which gave him his legendary reputation? Thrawn was the one personally dispatched to destroy the traitorus Admiral Zaarin and handled assignments in the Outer Rim that may have been the direct will of the Emperor under the guise of mapping missions.

This is just a haf assed theory of course, I don't think Thrawn had any sort of force potential at all and I don't think he was infalliable. If he had been half as good as some people think he was then he never would have allowed himself to be killed by Rukh.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.