Chewies death all in vain?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Chewies death all in vain?

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

In a recent NJO book Anakin died doing some dang thing (no doubt fighting the ridiculous biologic weapons crap)and if you remember in Vector Prime, Chewie dies to save Anakins midgety rear and gets squished sadly. So does that mean Chewies death was in vain? He could have as easily hopped on the Falcon and left him behind....
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Darth Cuba
Redshirt

Post by Darth Cuba »

It means that the NJO writers have no respect, NONE WHATSOEVER, for the heroic hoo-haa what makes SW great. And, as an aside, they have no respect for the characters of the OT AT ALL. Chewie choked, Leia legless, I'm sure lots of bad stuff will happen to Artoo, it's all a bunch of shameless attempts by tired hacks to hammer out plotlines. There's no such thing as character development anymore. "Oh, uh, this character is hard to write for, I think I'll just kill them, people seem to like that." People like that like they like a FACE ROCKING. And yeah, people don't like a FACE ROCKING.

:oops: <--- Kevin J. Anderson's Face, Post FACE ROCKING
32,032,41 FACES ROCKED, thus far.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Although I usually don't care that much for the other characters (if they don't die it's okay for me), if they touch artoo I'm seriously going to teach them how to treat main characters!!! :evil:
Supermod
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Darth Cuba wrote:It means that the NJO writers have no respect, NONE WHATSOEVER, for the heroic hoo-haa what makes SW great. And, as an aside, they have no respect for the characters of the OT AT ALL. Chewie choked, Leia legless, I'm sure lots of bad stuff will happen to Artoo, it's all a bunch of shameless attempts by tired hacks to hammer out plotlines. There's no such thing as character development anymore. "Oh, uh, this character is hard to write for, I think I'll just kill them, people seem to like that." People like that like they like a FACE ROCKING. And yeah, people don't like a FACE ROCKING.

:oops: <--- Kevin J. Anderson's Face, Post FACE ROCKING
yeah
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Yeaaaah RIGHT! You think it was the NJO writers idea to kill the characters?
GET REAL!
They are told to do that by their employers.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Although I usually don't care that much for the other characters (if they don't die it's okay for me), if they touch artoo I'm seriously going to teach them how to treat main characters!!! :evil:
Amen Artoo is my all time fav. char.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

The scene for Anakin's death was pretty good, but I'd rather that the newest Fel had died so Jaina could get back with Zekk.
His Divine Shadow

David wrote:The scene for Anakin's death was pretty good, but I'd rather that the newest Fel had died so Jaina could get back with Zekk.
I dunno that much about Zekk but Jagged Fel seems alot more interesting, he reminds me of Thrawn, probably because he was raised by Chiss, and thats cool.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
David wrote:The scene for Anakin's death was pretty good, but I'd rather that the newest Fel had died so Jaina could get back with Zekk.
I dunno that much about Zekk but Jagged Fel seems alot more interesting, he reminds me of Thrawn, probably because he was raised by Chiss, and thats cool.

Imagine what kind of pilot their son/daughter would be if they got married! Fel, Antilles, Solo and Skywalker blood all in one!
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Chewie's death was the worst part in all of the EU. Even worse then KJA! I mean Chewie! The walking carpet!

:cry: :( :x :evil:
Bender and God, Futurama
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:
His Divine Shadow wrote:

Imagine what kind of pilot their son/daughter would be if they got married! Fel, Antilles, Solo and Skywalker blood all in one!
*twitch twitch* so.....COOL....*twitch drool* :D :D :D
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
His Divine Shadow

Anyhow Chewies death wasn't in vain, by saving Anakin he allowed anakin to save the other Jedi and end the Voxyn threat.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Just so Anakin could die to. :evil: :cry:
His Divine Shadow

Oh well easy come easy go, this way atleast we'll never know whats next, always knowing that some character might die again...
It helps the reading that way anyway.
Lord HuMan
Redshirt

Reminder

Post by Lord HuMan »

If Anakin had died on Serpindal, Mara could be dead right now too...
/\Chiss Clawcraft/\
-=The Fusion of Design and Technology=-
-=Star Wars Roleplayer/Gamer/Trekkie Basher=-
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

YAY!!! and thnen Luke could get back with Callista.
His Divine Shadow

David wrote:YAY!!! and thnen Luke could get back with Callista.
No way, Callista sucked.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Callista was hot, even if she had issues.
His Divine Shadow

Nah, I didn't like Callista, not compared to Mara, wich is one of the best chars in the EU, GL even helped on creating her I hear.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Timothy Zahn had an amazing trilogy, just look at how many characters, ships, planets, ideas, that he introduced that people STILL talk about to this day. Not to mention most people have Thrawn at least on their top ten list of Imperial Commanders.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Top Ten List?
He IS the List Buddy
Penellon is around number 7(1-6 being Thrawn) because he studyied under him ;)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

He's the list on Commanders period.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

I wonder, do you think Jacen is dead? I hear he and that Vong servant Vegere or something come back.
Bender and God, Futurama
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

If he is dead then the NJO people are getting really annoying, they've killed way to many characters if Jacen is dead too. (I am not really up to date with it but haven't they mamed Leia as well?)
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

I'd rather that whiner dead than poor little Ani.