The Special Editions Are the Movies, Get Over It

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: The Special Editions Are the Movies, Get Over It

Post by Elfdart »

Galvatron wrote: 2022-07-26 01:36pm Another change that always grated on me was this...

Which was then followed by a wholly unnecessary insertion of scenes showing his flight and landing on the Executor intercut with the Falcon's escape from Bespin.
I found those more annoying than the Greedo scene, but I see why Lucas did it.

The musical number in ROTJ was pure cringe. Apparently Lucas had a real hankering to include a song and dance scene in a movie: first in Raiders of the Lost Ark (the scene was dropped for budget reasons then shot for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) and then in ROTJ.
Darth Yan wrote: 2022-07-26 12:20pmLucas has the right to make changes; some of them even are legitimate. Others however have no reason for being there or drag the product down. Elfdart seems to have a "Lucas can do no wrong" mentality. The guy gets a lot of unfair flak but there are plenty of things to criticize him for.
I realize than fan is short for fanatic, and one of the telltale signs of fanaticism is making a huge fuss over things that don't really matter, but anyone who gets their dander up that much over trivial nonsense is an entitled manbaby. "WAAAAAAAH! I want my Blu-Ray Star Wars to look just like it did in 1977 -but in 5.1 stereo, and the matte lines erased, and... and..."

:wanker:

I've criticized and even made fun of George Lucas and his artistic decisions. I've also panned some of his movies. But even if I didn't like any of his movies, I'd be somewhat alarmed by the quarter-century of seething hatred from a bunch of keyboard Mark David Chapman-types, as well as hucksters who pose as them to get clicks.