Anyone else watching Obi-Wan Kenobi?(Spoiler thread)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Re: Anyone else watching Obi-Wan Kenobi?(Spoiler thread)

Post by Darth Yan »

It's also worth noting that the Empire as a fascist organization likes pompous vanity projects (which the executor and death star are) and cheapness (the tie fighter).
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

As usual, the Drinker in on point:

:lol:
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Having finally gotten around to watching this I haven't changed my opinion about it from when I first heard about this. What narrative purpose did this show actually accomplish? Did anyone really wonder what cool adventures Obi-Wan was having while he was hiding out on Tatooine?

The cynical part of me also wonders if the Leia part of this arc was created just to stop people from complaining that Leia and Han named their son Ben, even though neither of them really had all that strong of a connection with him. Though it now begs the question as to why Leia didn't really seem as broken up about his death as Luke if she was now saved by him at the age of 10.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Adam Reynolds wrote: 2022-07-24 05:40pmDid anyone really wonder what cool adventures Obi-Wan was having while he was hiding out on Tatooine?
I was always curious. How does someone go from a swashbuckling, adventure a week, doer of good, to the retired wise monk. I always pictured him having a period of being blackout drunk, watching the news as the Empire and his old student ripped the galaxy apart. All of Obi-Wan's life's work destroyed, and his faith in the Force met with his present reality.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Spice Runner
Jedi Knight

Post by Spice Runner »

Gandalf wrote: 2022-07-24 06:56pm
Adam Reynolds wrote: 2022-07-24 05:40pmDid anyone really wonder what cool adventures Obi-Wan was having while he was hiding out on Tatooine?
I was always curious. How does someone go from a swashbuckling, adventure a week, doer of good, to the retired wise monk. I always pictured him having a period of being blackout drunk, watching the news as the Empire and his old student ripped the galaxy apart. All of Obi-Wan's life's work destroyed, and his faith in the Force met with his present reality.
While at the same time Yoda is refining his cooking skills on Dagobah :lol: