Mysteries of hyperspace?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Maximum7
Youngling

Mysteries of hyperspace?

Post by Maximum7 »

I was reading the Star Wars YT-1300 Complete Reference Manual and it mentioned that their are some aspects of hyperspace that remain a mystery aside from those well-established facts acknowledged by all competent astrophysicists.

What could be one of the main mysteries? I can’t think of any.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: Mysteries of hyperspace?

Post by Solauren »

They were deliberately vague and not discussed.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

If they were well defined and explored they wouldn't be very 'mysterious' anymore
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

The only one that springs to mind that was described but not explained was the "hyperspace disturbance at the edge of the galaxy" that meant you couldn't travel beyond the SW galaxy and it's satellites.

Beyond that, fuck knows. Maybe you go fast enough and your entire ship turns into a small teapot or something.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.