Anyone reading the comics these days?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Re: Anyone reading the comics these days?

Post by MKSheppard »

RogueIce wrote: 2021-11-04 06:57pm Seriously, do they have to tie everything into each other? You have a whole damn galaxy, use it!
More to the point, do they have to contaminate the OT with the Sequel trilogy?
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

If it makes the Knights of ren more than just a name and some slaughtered mooks I'm for it.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

I liked the issue where Qi'ra and Leia meet and talk. It's a quiet scene but it really works.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2021-11-04 07:23pm If it makes the Knights of ren more than just a name and some slaughtered mooks I'm for it.
I'd be all for that, too. But it's a big galaxy out there! Have them do something that doesn't tie back to prior media.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

I've been digging the bounty hunters storyline. It shows the sleazy underbelly of the star wars universe and that's always fun.
GeorgeSawyer
Redshirt

Post by GeorgeSawyer »

Comic books seem interesting to me, I think there are still kids who read them but they are in the minority, I think they have long since switched to "comics" in electronic format.
So, yes, I think I still read them.